IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

I do actually have a degree of sympathy for Moshiri - he has actually been very good at putting money in to the club and has come up trumps with the new stadium, after decades of thinking about it. I do believe he has done things with good intentions. 

But the execution has been diabolical and a lesson in how not to run a football club. How much of this was Usmananov behind the scene we will never know - a case of maybe too many cooks spoiling the broth.

Moshiri-Kenwright-Usmananov has just turned out to be a complete car crash. The ban on Russia money has really his us hard this past 12 months with drop in sponsorships etc we had , but ultimately in the longer run I think getting away from the Usmananov influence will be a blessing in discuses. I think plenty of our problems actually lead back to him. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I do actually have a degree of sympathy for Moshiri - he has actually been very good at putting money in to the club and has come up trumps with the new stadium, after decades of thinking about it. I do believe he has done things with good intentions. 

But the execution has been diabolical and a lesson in how not to run a football club. How much of this was Usmananov behind the scene we will never know - a case of maybe too many cooks spoiling the broth.

Moshiri-Kenwright-Usmananov has just turned out to be a complete car crash. The ban on Russia money has really his us hard this past 12 months with drop in sponsorships etc we had , but ultimately in the longer run I think getting away from the Usmananov influence will be a blessing in discuses. I think plenty of our problems actually lead back to him. 

Moshiri came in with a wedge of money.   He sat in on a board of kenwright sycophants and a club structured not on ability to do a good job and challenge things that aren’t good - but to create excuses and cover arses and crush anything that challenges them.

moshiri has his way of operating which clearly involves agents like Kia, but he has likely gone that way cos he had no faith in the numskulls that bill had in place. 

kenwright and his cronies should have gone a long time ago and moshiri been guided by people who are strong and competent. 

27 minutes ago, StevO said:

Billionaires run their businesses very professionally, hiring people to do the bits they can’t do them selves. 
Then they have a hobby, and want to do the fun stuff themselves. Like signing players and showing their faces when things go well. 
Unfortunately, most hobbyists aren’t very good at it. These guys are no different. 
No one feels sorry for me when I miss a two foot putt, don’t feel sorry for a billionaire for messing up his hobby too. 

I’d feel for you if you missed a two foot putt mate I know what it’s like been there many times myself. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Much better.

Is it? And I'm not saying that it is or it isn't.

If I read the article correctly they want to be prudent with money. It said they want expand commercial revenue especially match day revenue in line with new stadium as opposed to them forward investing like Todd Boehy.

So, I read this as.... we will charge more for season tickets, food, drinks and everything associated with match day spending.

I.e. we want the fan base to be our funding engine and spend what we collect from them. That way as investors we don't have to risk lots of our own money 😀.

I think this is sound running of a business, but is this the way to get Everton back in to Europe and a regular top 6 team?

5 minutes ago, Trigger said:

If I read the article correctly they want to be prudent with money. It said they want expand commercial revenue especially match day revenue in line with new stadium as opposed to them forward investing like Todd Boehy.

So, I read this as.... we will charge more for season tickets, food, drinks and everything associated with match day spending.

I.e. we want the fan base to be our funding engine and spend what we collect from them. That way as investors we don't have to risk lots of our own money 😀.

I think this is sound running of a business, but is this the way to get Everton back in to Europe and a regular top 6 team?

Didn’t expect anything different really we will end up with prices equivalent to Anfield it was always going to happen. 

7 minutes ago, Trigger said:

I have no problem with that. We need the club to be run without investors constantly pumping money in. 

I don’t want my season ticket price to go up, but it’s going to anyway. 
We currently outsource our catering to Sudexo, so any increases of food and drink will be for them, unless we get a new deal in place (likely due to the various offerings at BMD). 

Most of all, the finding engine is tv rights. The money made from fans is a fraction of the clubs turnover. 

20 minutes ago, Trigger said:

It’s better than being linked to a group under investigation the US, yes.