IGNORED

West Brom (Home)

Matt

I dont know how we havent won that.

It's because we didn't show anything remotely close enough to the quality needed to break WBA down. I'd drop Jelavic for the next game and start Koné. Everything Mirallas and Baines did went wrong. Pienaar and Coleman at least displayed some effort, but they too lacked the skill required. As much as I love Coleman and his intensity though, he really isn't that good with the ball in his feet. Some failed step overs to go on to his left foot and drive a desperate shot in or if he's lucky he can get on to the outside and put a pretty shite cross in.

Oh, and Naismith might have been good in pre-season, he has been dire in the regular season again.

Mirralas could have had the worst game if his career and yet he would have still have given more in that side than that midget Scottish twat...... Anyone who say the old get behind him, he wears the everton badge can fuck off now. Av lost all patience with him. He's just proved why he wastuck in the SPL and cant even get à start in the Scottish national side. He plays like he's won a competition to play with the everton side for the day. Stands out like a swore thumb.... Sorry if the text is incorrect, am shaking with rage.

West Brom did a very good job of shutting us down but we created more than enough chances to win that game, and to win it comfortably.

We didnt play as well as we did against Norwich, but West Brom only really showed some initiative when we started pressing forward at the end of the game.

I was a bit disappointed that the subs were a bit late in coming but I dont think they were bad ones with Kone looking very good in the 20minutes he had. Im not really a Naismith fan but even he linked up well with Kone.

Pienaar was very good I thought, but as always his final ball was missing and that same comment applied to both full backs and Mirallas too.

Distin had his moments but did well on the whole but Jags and Osman were both below the level I would expect of them.

It's because we didn't show anything remotely close enough to the quality needed to break WBA down. I'd drop Jelavic for the next game and start Koné. Everything Mirallas and Baines did went wrong. Pienaar and Coleman at least displayed some effort, but they too lacked the skill required. As much as I love Coleman and his intensity though, he really isn't that good with the ball in his feet. Some failed step overs to go on to his left foot and drive a desperate shot in or if he's lucky he can get on to the outside and put a pretty shite cross in.

Oh, and Naismith might have been good in pre-season, he has been dire in the regular season again.

No we didnt but we still created enough chances to kill the game off and should have done.

I would also drop Jela as Kone was very good when he came on and the less said about Jela's overall performance he better.

Naismith linked up well a couple of times in both games but I generally dont think he should be used as a game changer. I understood bringing him on against Norwich when we were ahead but not so much today when he needed a spark and some quality.

Shithouse result. We had a bunch of attempts on goal, hit the post a few times, but couldn't get a home win against fucking West Brom. Yes, they did a nice job of breaking up our play, but we should've found a winner. First thing we can do is send that moaning bitch Jelavic to play with the Everton ladies, they could teach him a few things about toughness, finishing, and resilience.

No we didnt but we still created enough chances to kill the game off and should have done.

I would also drop Jela as Kone was very good when he came on and the less said about Jela's overall performance he better.

Naismith linked up well a couple of times in both games but I generally dont think he should be used as a game changer. I understood bringing him on against Norwich when we were ahead but not so much today when he needed a spark and some quality.

I thought that was toothless performance. We may have had chances, but very few of them were any good. We didn't create a lot of chances from central areas inside the box that you expect to go in more often than not. There was the one that Fellaini flicked onto the post but I can't think of another one at the moment.

Everything simply broke down in the final third. They had a lot of men behind the ball of course, but even the simple passes that didn't even need to go past one of their players went wrong a lot.

Hate to say this but I think we should cash in on fellaini. I think he had another good game today but I think for the money would get for him we could buy a defensive mid for a cheaper price who knows only of that position, leaving money over to buy an attacking mid.... Not having a go at fellaini but if we play him deeper like the first half, you don't get much from him. If you play him further up you he's a defenate threat but gives the team a poor excuse to go too direct. What ya think ?

Just a few observations:

- You know it's not going to be your day when your captain is having a stinker like Jagielka did.

- Coleman looks amazing but needs to offer more than just kicking it wide and trying to run in behind the defender.

- Home or Away Osman should not start in the team unless it's as cover for injuries.

- We need more options in the midfield before the window shuts.

- Jelaivc is not the answer up front as a lone striker imo.