IGNORED

Our commercial dept and new kits

Mike Preece

Having read first all the comments here, I was expecting hot pink with lace lining the socks. It's not quite that bad. On the other hand, it's quite amusing to see players demonstrating their macho no-nonsense pose in a far from macho kit. And whoever came up with that combination of colours - white, purple, black, and yellow - has the fashion sense of Albert Steptoe.

I do like it, but im not sure the yellow looks good on the top. Alright on the shorts and socks but the collar looks weird to me.

Besides, unless we get Inter in the EL I cant see us wearing it much.

Paddock, do you mean you dont wear shirts, or just wont wear anything club branded?

I know a lot of lads who will happily buy like a club polo shirt to wear to the match, but think they are too old for shirts.

I have a mate who supports United who tells me all the real fans there only wear black. hmm.

I do like it, but im not sure the yellow looks good on the top. Alright on the shorts and socks but the collar looks weird to me.

Besides, unless we get Inter in the EL I cant see us wearing it much.

Paddock, do you mean you dont wear shirts, or just wont wear anything club branded?

I know a lot of lads who will happily buy like a club polo shirt to wear to the match, but think they are too old for shirts.

I have a mate who supports United who tells me all the real fans there only wear black. hmm.

No, I just don't wear colours full stop. If I ever did I would now consider myself at 41 too old to wear a football top but I just don 't wear anything with Everton on it. I don't think there is anything wrong with it and I certainly wouldn't scoff at someone for doing it it's just a habit that's never left me from many years ago where if you went to an away game you couldn't wear colours or you would basically get your head kicked in.

I wasn't one for going on official club coaches or getting hoarded in off the specials in a convoy, I used to go a lot in a car with a few mates or hire a minibus. It was best just to dress in normal clothes and keep your head down in days gone by.

I suppose some things just never leave you. Stupid thing is I know things have changed these days, I take my oldest son to a few aways every season. We done Chelsea the season before last and we walked around the ground taking photos of him next to the Peter Ozgood statue and stuff and nobody batted an eyelid.

Duncan showing his age.

Really nice for me. I think all three have been really understated, I prefer that.

Its obviously not an age thing because Paddock and MikeO love it and they are fellow old gits. I just think it looks very cheap and tacky and generally shite.

I like the home kit and don't mind the 2nd strip but the design of the 3rd is up there, or should I say down there, with Scotlands Commonwealth Games strip

Its obviously not an age thing because Paddock and MikeO love it and they are fellow old gits. I just think it looks very cheap and tacky and generally shite.

I like the home kit and don't mind the 2nd strip but the design of the 3rd is up there, or should I say down there, with Scotlands Commonwealth Games strip

:lol: to be fair, the yellow on the collar could be omitted but I like the colour combination and think it looks really good.

I'm only 41 I thought I was in the younger brigade :(

No, I just don't wear colours full stop. If I ever did I would now consider myself at 41 too old to wear a football top but I just don 't wear anything with Everton on it. I don't think there is anything wrong with it and I certainly wouldn't scoff at someone for doing it it's just a habit that's never left me from many years ago where if you went to an away game you couldn't wear colours or you would basically get your head kicked in.

I wasn't one for going on official club coaches or getting hoarded in off the specials in a convoy, I used to go a lot in a car with a few mates or hire a minibus. It was best just to dress in normal clothes and keep your head down in days gone by.

I suppose some things just never leave you. Stupid thing is I know things have changed these days, I take my oldest son to a few aways every season. We done Chelsea the season before last and we walked around the ground taking photos of him next to the Peter Ozgood statue and stuff and nobody batted an eyelid.

Fair enough mate, used to get to West Ham most seasons as my Sis lives down there. Never wore my shirt after the first time, always saw trouble. Me and my mate wouldn't say a word on the tube near Upton Park.

Other away games I've been lucky enough to never have problems, other than being told to shut up at Arsenal in a home seat, and laughed at in the Stretford End at Old Trafford, was sat with United mates, for cheering a goal when we got beaten as ever.

Humour never has been your thing has it? Edited by StevO

Fair enough mate, used to get to West Ham most seasons as my Sis lives down there. Never wore my shirt after the first time, always saw trouble. Me and my mate wouldn't say a word on the tube near Upton Park.

Other away games I've been lucky enough to never have problems, other than being told to shut up at Arsenal in a home seat, and laughed at in the Stretford End at Old Trafford, was sat with United mates, for cheering a goal when we got beaten as ever.

Humour never has been your thing has it?

Erm if you say so