IGNORED

Our commercial dept and new kits

Mike Preece

chief executive of operations, exactly the person who should be ensuring shit like this doesnt happen.

Ultimate responsibilty maybe; but you employ and delegate. He can't be responsible if someone hasn't painted a fence or cleaned a toilet on time; you can accuse him of poor recruitment (or more realistically of poor recruitment of those that recruit) but not for failing to make socks appear as ordered.

Ultimate responsibilty maybe; but you employ and delegate. He can't be responsible if someone hasn't painted a fence or cleaned a toilet on time; you can accuse him of poor recruitment (or more realistically of poor recruitment of those that recruit) but not for failing to make socks appear as ordered.

and yet another example why he is to blame.

you know me mate, Im not all for the board bashing, but this guy is responsible for many, many, business cock ups

right he is the end all of the problems. here in the states when there is a major snafu (say apple release iPhone and they don't have any) the CEO resigns because ultimately it's their fault, they didn't put the things into motion or hire the right people or manage correctly to have the launch done. no use firing the kit guy, he was just doing as he was told, he's not responsible.

and yet another example why he is to blame.

you know me mate, Im not all for the board bashing, but this guy is responsible for many, many, business cock ups

right he is the end all of the problems. here in the states when there is a major snafu (say apple release iPhone and they don't have any) the CEO resigns because ultimately it's their fault, they didn't put the things into motion or hire the right people or manage correctly to have the launch done. no use firing the kit guy, he was just doing as he was told, he's not responsible.

So the CEO of Samsung should resign if my phone breaks down? Or the top guy at British Gas if my bill is wrong due to someone taking an incorrect meter reading?? Or the Pope if my local priest gets a speeding ticket???

Ridiculous. Where do you draw the line?

So the CEO of Samsung should resign if my phone breaks down? Or the top guy at British Gas if my bill is wrong due to someone taking an incorrect meter reading?? Or the Pope if my local priest gets a speeding ticket???

Ridiculous. Where do you draw the line?

The whole point of having that position is that you are accountable. In this case he made the deal...

For the companies you mention, there are a multitude of those who are fired / resign because their decisions back fired and companies suffered. That is the role of CEO; you are responsible for the actions you take and for the mistakes that are made.

For the companies you mention, there are a multitude of those who are fired / resign because their decisions back fired and companies suffered. That is the role of CEO; you are responsible for the actions you take and for the mistakes that are made.

So in those companies the CEO is ultimately responsible so he sacks people and for Everton the CEO is ultimately responsible so he has to resign.

Now I understand :unsure:.

So when we get to transfer deadline day and we haven't signed anyone and Elstone says, "Sorry lads but I was too busy chasing the socks" we'll all forgive him :P.

So in those companies the CEO is ultimately responsible so he sacks people and for Everton the CEO is ultimately responsible so he has to resign.

Ha. It's all a bit daft.

It is embarrassing for the club. But I think our ceo is getting it as it's a build up of events. Something has gone wrong. Someone will be looking into what went wrong. But should someone be sacked? Not a chance, ha!

Do you guys never do anything wrong at work? The CEO doesn't get sacked every time you make a mistake. Imagine that kind of world?! Phwoar!

So when we get to transfer deadline day and we haven't signed anyone and Elstone says, "Sorry lads but I was too busy chasing the socks" we'll all forgive him :P.

Let me rephrase what I said. The socks in addition to many other things are the reason he should be fired. Terrible pre season schedule, finances that aren't very transparent, kitbag deal, umbro deal, kit announcement delays, no movement on goodison refurb or new site just rumours, no socks for an unveiling.

I'm sure others can add more, but to me the socks are the straw that breaks the camels back. A small thing like that and you can't even get that right? There's no telling what other stuff is bundled.

Look I love everton, but the way other clubs are ran (smaller clubs, even championship clubs) puts us to shame, and that's unfortunate.

Rant over.

The way he manages the club IS shameful. But, we are talking about socks here.

This is probably something I don't understand contextually, as an American, since we don't really wear baseball pants and stirrup socks (or the equivalent in any sports uniform... except for a brief period in the 90s where everyone had basketball jerseys and the shorts). But, for people to be this worked up over socks?? The club makes their money on the shirts, primarily. I'd be a bit more angered that there seem to have not been enough shirts produced at this time. You should know roughly how many shirts you can expect to sell over the duration of the season, or over the summer when the kit is first launched. You should have these figures. You should also be factoring in what has been a very successful marketing campaign for the new shirt and perhaps bump your numbers up accordingly.

IF, however, what happened is that they saw the marketing campaign for the new kit drastically improve demand for the new shirts, then they should be publicly patting themselves on the back for this immediately. Instead of putting a really positive spin on it, they've given us very little. With the sock mixup, it just makes it look like an incompetent employee forgot to add an extra zero to each size run's order.

Let me rephrase what I said. The socks in addition to many other things are the reason he should be fired. Terrible pre season schedule, finances that aren't very transparent, kitbag deal, umbro deal, kit announcement delays, no movement on goodison refurb or new site just rumours, no socks for an unveiling.

Steady on. You're really suggesting Elstone is in charge of arranging our pre season? Insane. Ten year Kitbag deal was signed under Keith Wyness's tenure. No company with half a brain cell will make their finances public (any more than they're legally obliged to do). Kit announcement a few weeks later than some? So what if it's a decent kit and expectation is built. Ground stuff if/when they have something to report they will.

And no socks :major overreaction alert: .

So when we get to transfer deadline day and we haven't signed anyone and he says, "Sorry lads but I was too busy chasing the socks" we'll all forgive him :P.

2 different parts of the business being compared?

BPs CEO resigned, taking accountability, for the spill. Was he responsible? No, he wasnt there on the rig. But he was responsible for the deal in place. Same deal, though I concede different scale

Samsungs CEO of digital packed it in because he felt he failed the company.

The CEO of a company is accountable for every mistake that impacts its audience.

http://toffeeweb.com/season/14-15/news/27925.html

Our commercial department should be taking advantage of our high profile in America at the moment. Hand-sitting is what they're doing though.

This is a huge opportunity for Everton to make a statement to American fans of the game with Howard's popularity being at an all time high. I really think the timing of this is perfect.

I can't wait for them to see Everton's attacking style.

This is a huge opportunity for Everton to make a statement to American fans of the game with Howard's popularity being at an all time high. I really think the timing of this is perfect.

I can't wait for them to see Everton's attacking style.

If you think about it, that means that 7 of the first 15 weekends will feature Everton. Those are good numbers. NBC only show one game a week, right?

If you think about it, that means that 7 of the first 15 weekends will feature Everton. Those are good numbers. NBC only show one game a week, right?

Yes, usually only one a week but I want to say there were a couple of times when they showed more than one -- early game then a noon game.

They show all of the games for free on their networks. But, usually, there are 5 or 6 on NBC sports (1 for each time slot there is a game for the weekend) and maybe 1 on NBC, itself. Hopefully there are more on NBC this year. My hometown doesn't have NBC Sports. So, when I drive to see my mother, I have to find the game on her shoddy internet connection.

Sky Sports reporting that Everton has refused to release away/third kits this year and will force home teams to wear change kit when Everton visit...

I kid of course but seriously where are the new kits?

I'm patient with signings because of how complex that process is but to me kits are inexcusable. Umbro deal announced on February 4th. Absolutely no excuse to not have the kits done by now.

Sky Sports reporting that Everton has refused to release away/third kits this year and will force home teams to wear change kit when Everton visit...

I kid of course but seriously where are the new kits?

I'm patient with signings because of how complex that process is but to me kits are inexcusable. Umbro deal announced on February 4th. Absolutely no excuse to not have the kits done by now.

You'll get used to it, we're shit with our kit releases. They're always after pretty much every other club.

Well our home kit came out before Uniteds, and they are pretty notorious for their marketing. I don't think we are late this year at all.
They won't release away kits for a few weeks, they want the initial rush on the home shirts first. If they all came out together some people might just buy one of them. Got to keep the kids moaning at their parents to keep the sales going. Expect the away kit in about three weeks, then the third kit at the beginning of September.

edit.

the kits currently out in the premier league.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/leaked-official-2014-15-premier-league-kits_26276

Edited by StevO

I dont really get what the fuss is all about... Im sure the marketing department would have worked out the revenue figures in terms of how many shirts they sell versus the time of release. I cant imagine it makes a lot of difference in the long run.