IGNORED

Our commercial dept and new kits

Mike Preece

Whys it ok to moan about off the field matters and not on?

Says the person who moaned that unless we get the money to compete then we are going to be the same old Everton?

On the pitch we show an ambition and a desire to progress and improve and compete with the best, off the pitch we are run like Fawlty Towers with no ambition to vastly improve on the previously poor commercial performance leaving us miles behind clubs like Spurs and Villa.

Yeh I moan about both, but if I moan about on I'm wumming.

As I say we need to become a more investable brand. The stadium doesn't help one bit. It's no wonder the top end clubs get better deals than us. It's about being on the big stage winning things and everyone wanting to sponsor us. Companies out bidding each other.

I'm sure that was the best deal on the table. I'm not saying it would have been the best if we'd have looked round but nobody knows what offers there were except the club and there is no doubt they'll have taken the best one.

Yeh I moan about both, but if I moan about on I'm wumming.

As I say we need to become a more investable brand. The stadium doesn't help one bit. It's no wonder the top end clubs get better deals than us. It's about being on the big stage winning things and everyone wanting to sponsor us. Companies out bidding each other.

I'm sure that was the best deal on the table. I'm not saying it would have been the best if we'd have looked round but nobody knows what offers there were except the club and there is no doubt they'll have taken the best one.

Lets get it right - you made a post on your "same old Everton" thread immediately after we got knocked out of the FA Cup as if to celebrate the fact that you were right to be a doom monger. Now that is wumming.

If you want us to be an investable brand then surely renewing a commercially poor deal is hardly the way to do it is it? 3 years? By the time its up for renewal the clubs around us will no doubt have agreed an been paid bigger deals.

Lets get it right - you made a post on your "same old Everton" thread immediately after we got knocked out of the FA Cup as if to celebrate the fact that you were right to be a doom monger. Now that is wumming.

If you want us to be an investable brand then surely renewing a commercially poor deal is hardly the way to do it is it? 3 years? By the time its up for renewal the clubs around us will no doubt have agreed an been paid bigger deals.

If we want the best deals we need to be in the champions league and winning things year in year out. We also need to bring big names to the club. No more no less

If we want the best deals we need to be in the champions league and winning things year in year out. We also need to bring big names to the club. No more no less

I actually agree with MC here.

Let me explain. I started following Everton when they got Tim Howard because I am an American and follow the US national team. Many people here and elsewhere state that Everton is a large club, but before I got into the history and read up on the club my initial impressions were that it was a tiny club with an aging stadium and were a middle table team that were just happy to be in the prem. After research I realize most of this is wrong but the point is that unless you're from England or Liverpool more specifically, most of the world doesn't think Everton when they think football.

Now here's where MC is right I believe. If we do well in Europa and then Make Champs in 3 years I think THEN the big sponsors will come. The benefit of sponsoring a football club is your brand is marketed everywhere a match takes place (pre season included) and everywhere the kits are bought. With no cups and no Europe our bargaining power is little to nill, our exposure is only in England and Liverpool and some would argue we are eclipsed even in our teams own city. Win stuff and that all changes. We play bigger pre season games in bigger countries, we play in Europe with the best, trophies prove were the best in England. Sponsors will line up then, and we can grind them for as much as we want from the deals.

Edited by markjazzbassist

If we were in the champions league I wouldn't trust elstone to do Jack shit. Further missed opportunities, he's not cut out for this job at this level.

Saying we need to be in the champions league for elstone to maximise commercial gain is like saying a league 2 striker needs Steven Gerrard and Ross Barkley behind him to score goals.

He's failed at a fundamental level and he needed seriously ditching for the kit bag balls up.

The clown couldn't see that Kirby was flawed and I question his integrity.

Is anyone actually surprised? Elstone has been a constant disappointment, and his superior seems in no rush to rectify the problem.

Very poor deal in my opinion. We missed the football boat about five years ago in terms of foreign exposure. We were too busy trying to get into Kirkby rather than the Far East.

when I was in Thailand there was minimal Everton exposure in Bangkok and none at all on Koh Panghan and Koh Samui. Surprisingly Chang also seemed to have a deal with Barca, I saw more of them than I did Everton.

exactly, his superior sits on his arse and lets him underperform and undermine others doinga decent job.

While we're on Elstone has anyone else seen the rumour that he sacked Myers for announcing the palace cancelation too early costing us £90k in doing so.

I look at the fella, listen to him and I see a complete and utter bell end. I've worked in a very corporate environment for 16 years now and he has all the hallmarks of a vindictive, arrogant, man who thinks a bit of bullshit here and there will get him by.

He's bills lieutenant, he knows which side his bread is buttered. The sound bites he comes out with are the sort that cause looks of exasperation and snorts of restrained laughter in meetings. The ego is out of control.

Apparently there were offers from Microsoft (Xbox one branding) and Facebook for shirt sponsorship. Personally, I think it's just rumours. Why would Facebook need to advertise for example?

why do Adidas, Nike, Cadbury, Unilever, Mars etc advertise? Maintaining their brand and showing their power

It just seems to me like a pitiful auto renewal. You know like when the car insurance is up for changing, they send a letter out, it's about the same as last year....

What does elstone do? Go on Martin's money saving website and do a go compare, and get a fluffy toy whilst finding out the best deal? Does he bollocks...

Hence the picture of sharpie and kone on a jolly with a load of kids who apparently are part of our overseas programme to discover the next li tie. Joke.

Microsoft would make sense since they already sponsor the Seattle Sounders in the MLS although admittedly Seattle is a football city and the head office is based there.

Facebook would have been interesting.

I find it hard to believe that there were not equally worthy offers or better offers on the table.

We have absolutely zero creativity within the commercial team of the club. For the club that pioneered so many things like undersoil heating, matchday programmes, first team to do an overseas tour etc its a complete embarrassment.

Is anyone going to honestly tell me that the likes of HTC who are sponsoring the champions league tour de france etc wouldn't want to get on a premier league shirt??? Opening up the doors for more social media based marketing channels.

How is partnering an ale company where the kids replica kits can't match their heros going to be benficial??? I remember being 8 and would hate sauch a diluted replica kit.

Should at least get a sponsor for the kids kits separate. Surely Lego or some other company would be interested, more so if the U21 league grows and we could get them to wear it marketing it as a youth kit.

Second what Matt's said, fantastic idea, not thought of that. Like Spurs and their array of cup sponsors.

Pete, get that emailed in fella.

Real good shout.

What happened to Chang Soda from the old youth kits?