John Stones...2
Kevin Mirallas...2
Previous MOTM winners...
Chelsea (H)...Gareth Barry
Cardiff (A)...Ross Barkley
Stevenage (H)...Ross Barkley
West Brom (H)...Seamus Coleman
Norwich (A)...Ross Barkley

Leighton Baines. I just have no words for him. Faultless defensively (I think) and those goals...

Big shouts for Lukaku and Mirallas though. Lukaku made an incredible difference. We had just as much possession in the first half as in the second, but him playing up top meant that we now had possession in the final third rather than in the middle or in our own third. He showed the power a couple of times, he showed the speed to stretch the defense and get in behind (and he should have scored another one really when he got the better of Collins), he showed a glimpse of his touch when he turned away from the centre back and played a ball in to Mirallas who was coming inside and got past the keeper, and he showed the goal scoring ability. Definite starter next week.

Mirallas was the only bright spot in the first half and he continued to shine in the second half when he was moved back to the right. He had the better of both full backs today really. Good shot that the keeper saved in the first half and got some corners and balls in the box in the first half, another couple of great crosses in the second half, among which the assist for Lukaku.

Baines for the first free kick, and then deffo for the second.

McCarthy gives us so much that doesn't stand out, tracks his men, tenacious and in all seriousness his penno whilst a little slow was really all about Nolan looking for it.

Having Barkley just play the way he does makes the opposition edgy, he gives us so much creativity and guile that he doesn't even need to be on form.

Everton left-back Leighton Baines, speaking to Match of the Day about the two free-kicks he scored against West Ham: "For the first one my mind was made up by the keeper's starting position - he was quite central - so I mixed it up. For the second one, the keeper had to take an extra yard to cover that side so I decided to go the other way.

"It was a great feeling to get that, especially because of the position of the game. Before the game Leon Osman said he'd taken me out of his fantasy team because I'd not scored enough goals, so I put that right today."

Not to appear repetitive but went with Baines. Head and shoulders above any real rivals and those free-kicks were quite outstanding. Real relief we managed to hang on to him in the recent transfer activity and he's such a vital commodity to this current set-up. Lukaku takes credit for the winner - and with it some pain for his troubles - but Baines was the difference this afternoon and can't thank him enough for his contributions in todays victory.

I voted for Mirallas and it was a rational choice, believe it or not. I was baffled to see no one else did. Even more baffled everyone seems to have almost unanimously chosen Baines. Why? 2 free kicks? I thought for the rest he was a bit disappointing compared to what he can do. In fact many players disappointed me today. Martinez disappointed me too for starting with Jelavic of all strikers. But Mirallas didn't disappoint, nor did Distin, but I went with Kevster cause he edged it for me.