IGNORED

Newcastle

Finn balor

Monday night game against in my opinion a poor Newcastle team. Obvious danger man is Ben Arfa but we should have too much for them

My team: Howard,Coleman,jags,dystin,baines,Barry,McCarthy,mirallas,Barkley,delafou,lukaku

Somebody soon is gonna get a tonking, this maybe will be it.

4-0 lukaku 2, Gerry, mirallas

Why is this game being played on a monday. What's wrong with a 3pm start on a saturday, as it's supposed to be ? Tell me that.

Newcastle are poor, although have had one or two decent results in recent weeks. Can't look beyond a home win and would be surprised if they even managed a goal for this. At least the unbeaten league record will stay intact.

Not terrestrial television it won't be.

Couldn't find television listings for next monday including satellite, so automatically assume it will be featured on Sky Sports, which we don't have unfortunately.

Nevertheless, should be a stream available somewhere on the night, or radio commentary, so will be able to maybe follow events in some capacity. I still don't like the idea of playing games on such a day of the week, regardless of where they decide to feature it.

I'm thinking we should get a win but a draw or loss wouldn't surprise me either. It depends on which Newcastle team shows up. An on-form Ben Arfa worries me, but I'm sure an on-form Mirallas worries them.

My heart says 3-1 to us, but my head says a 2-2 draw.

Edited by TonkaRoost

This is the one team I hate us playing against..... They get all the luck in these games.

Hopefully cause it's flood light football, it will be a memorable cup of tea and the paper on Tuesday morning, reading how Everton will be the surprise package this season after a comprehensive 3-0 win against a good Newcastle side.

Just think of the last time under the flood lights at goodison... Think it was the 2-2 game. Outclassed them then but Couldnt finish them off.

Not terrestrial television it won't be.

Couldn't find television listings for next monday including satellite, so automatically assume it will be featured on Sky Sports, which we don't have unfortunately.

Nevertheless, should be a stream available somewhere on the night, or radio commentary, so will be able to maybe follow events in some capacity. I still don't like the idea of playing games on such a day of the week, regardless of where they decide to feature it.

DK You could watch it at pub! I for one am happy with a Monday night game. A few beers whilst watching Everton storm to an impressive win from the comfort of my living room will start the week off on a good note.

This is how I would like us to line up against Newcastle

Howard

Jags Distin

Coleman Baines

Barry

Barkley Gibson

Mirallas Pienaar

Lukaku

Barry to be our defensive midfield.

Baines and coleman to go forward with Pienaar and Mirallas.

Barkley to play centre and try to get through and Gibson picking out the passes to Mirallas / Pienaar and then drilling in the crosses to Lukaku who scores it home ;-)

Direct / Quick / Possession football...

I did the midfield more compact because Newcastle play through the middle football so if we can cut that out and then quickly counter on the flanks we will win. It's what I use on FM and I am pretty good ;-) haha.

Edited by bluenosetoffee

This is how I would like us to line up against Newcastle

Howard

Jags Distin

Coleman Baines

Barry

Barkley Gibson

Mirallas Pienaar

Lukaku

Barry to be our defensive midfield.

Baines and coleman to go forward with Pienaar and Mirallas.

Barkley to play centre and try to get through and Gibson picking out the passes to Mirallas / Pienaar and then drilling in the crosses to Lukaku who scores it home ;-)

Direct / Quick / Possession football...

I did the midfield more compact because Newcastle play through the middle football so if we can cut that out and then quickly counter on the flanks we will win. It's what I use on FM and I am pretty good ;-) haha.

Is Pienaar still injured? If so, then I'd move Mirallas to the left and throw Deulofeu in for Pienaar.

This is great.... All the moaning under DM and we see the predictable 4-5-1 raise it's ugly head....

I remember people crying out for two up front.

Crying for 2 upfront or crying for a change in tactics? Big difference when we use a playmaker rather than a target man behind the striker, now creating chances from all sides rather than strictly down the left, plus the exciting prospect of scoring on the counter now we don't have 11 men in our own box for a corner.

This is how epic Martinez is......... Has anybody ever been this excited awaiting the sixth game of the season.... The man's put a spell on us :-):-)

Lost significant interest in the game in recent years but not just five or six games in, but actually on first day in seasons past, especially with Gordon Lee and Kendall first time around, there was real expectations and you knew there could be some end product at end of season, and it's too soon for Martinez with that. Yes we are unbeaten, but that's only a handful of games in, and should have beaten one or two opposition sides, but only got the draw in the end. Not to mention yet another premature exit from the goddamned League Cup, so it hasn't been the excellent start that some will insist.

I think by end of season, if Martinez can take us back into europe and manage at least a quarter final place in next years FA Cup tournament, it will have been a success for both him and the club, but not getting too carried away at such premature stages.

DK, you chat some shite...... Why would it only be a success if he gets Europe and a good cup run. It's his first fucking season. (No pressure then) if we look more attacking, play more attractive football and beat a top four side away from home, this will be an achievement in itself. He's already proved just how tactically inept DM was with the west ham game.... I beleive this is truelly exciting times due to the feel around the club in general, the squad being built and RM's outlook on things. Good times, so stop being a grouch!!!!

You will see one major alteration in things if we were to win against newcastle. This is that every time wr could build momentum under moyes, wr came up against a very winnable game at home only to four our lines... Everyone had already given us the three points and we would come away so down hearted....

This will show a difference in character by the manager and the players.

i hope to see this lineup

howard

coleman jags distin baines

mccarthy barry

delofeu barkley mirallas

lukaku

i'd like to see pienaar come on for delofeu, and if lukaku gets gassed i'd like kone to come on.

i'm hoping for a nice everton victory which would really put us in a great spot in the table after all the matches today.