IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

The low buying price was thought to be because of Rangers' financial problems. If Hull stay up, they'll be receiving record amounts of tv money, presumably that's what the addons are for. A £2m profit on a striker with a 1 in 3 record after two years would be pretty good I suppose.

For a forward who hasnt scored a single Pemiership goal in 700 minutes of football I would say so! Still got a feeling he will come good again though

Yeah I agree, he looked awesome at first and confidence is huge for a striker and I think we saw the best of him in that six months. I think his touch is poor and build up play and linking up with midfield is pretty non existent. If we can put that money with vics we can surely get somebody to compete with lukaku for a place. I'm sure Roberto has somebody in mind

Hull might be able to play a through ball now and again, this meaning he'll bang em in for fun..... Moyes killed his career when he isolated his game playing one up front with no support for ages..... No wonder his confidence fell apart infront of goal when he got his one chance the pressure he must have been under to put it away.

does mirrallas do enough though with the way his form has been this year I can see him going out the door in the summer.

I think mirallas is a striker, sure is greedy enough. Maybe Roberto has seen that arrogance as he talks about and sees it as a quality he wants upfront?

I'd be very glad to see him go for a deal in the range of that 5.5m rising to 7m one being rumoured. I am 100% convinced that he is not the striker we need. I do wish him all the best though and I think he could do well for a side that is happy to concede possession to the opponent and doesn't try to build up play themselves, if he can just get into the box with two wingers getting crosses in against transitioning defenses.

His link up play was very good at Rangers - but I appreciate that the SPL is a far lower level.

Still think he could do a job at a mid-table team, but I guess Hull fans will argue they are a mid-table team. Good signing for them potentially.

Trust me, Martinez is a chess player, his departure will trigger a move for another player.

On jelavic, if he kept up his initial form he would be a £20m striker. In and around the 18 yard box, one touch and it's in the net... Reminded me of yakubu.

I'm not gonna go on a "Davie Moyes ruins strikers" rant, so I'll just say that and move onto saying "I don't know what happened"....even though you know I do.

Jelly is to good for Hull but I wish him all the best, just not against Everton thank you.

7 mil is a good deal.

We must be getting someone in. Kone injured, Lukaku is a loan, Mirallas isnt good enough to be the lone striker. Vellios out of favour. Someone is coming in and i hope it will be announced before the match against Norwich

well have vellios on the bench, i understand he's unproven but it's not like we don't have ANYone. just not a preferred striker. and maybe he puts mirallas up top too, and naismith starts. i'm sure RM will sort out the striker sooner than later.

honestly would giving vellios a chance be that bad? its' norwich, why not give him 20 minutes and see what happens.

well have vellios on the bench, i understand he's unproven but it's not like we don't have ANYone. just not a preferred striker. and maybe he puts mirallas up top too, and naismith starts. i'm sure RM will sort out the striker sooner than later.

honestly would giving vellios a chance be that bad? its' norwich, why not give him 20 minutes and see what happens.

Vellios seems to have a bad attitude. He lost me when he refused to go on loan.

i think an on form jelavic is better than lukaku,he's a better all round footballer.

Maybe I'm just sad to see jelly go.

I loved Jelavic but hes always been a poor footballer for me, even when he was banging goals in for fun when he first came down I used to groan whenever he got the ball outside the area

Like Dunc alludes to, Lukaku is a FAR better all round footballer than Jelavic!

does mirrallas do enough though with the way his form has been this year I can see him going out the door in the summer.

Mirallas has been one of our most productive players in terms of assist and chances created. He wont be going anywhere.

Edited by Bailey

Gee... Martinez and his team must be pretty confident about keeping Lukaku then. Or they're going all out in the gamble that they'll sign a worthy striker in this transfer window. Surely Martinez doesn't think Kone, Gueye and Vellios are good alternatives to Lukaku, who is by the way a loanee?

Where do you find a good striker nowadays... When you see that even Jackson Martinez costs €30m+... that's just crazy. Podolski would be around €15m I reckon... Sevilla would simply not let go of Bacca, cause he's their top striker.

Edited by Mirallas

i must be watching a different player what I've seen this year he's been well below last seasons form.

Regarding lukaku he couldn't trap a bag of sand this doesn't make him a bad striker but he hasn't got the touch of a top striker.

And neither can Jelavic. Lukaku's all round link up play and general football intelligence is far better than Jelavic's. Lets not get carried away with Jelavic because he scored 2 goals in probably the easiest game we have had all season.

I wouldnt say that Mirallas has been as prominent in games as he was last year (probably because we relied on him a lot last season) but he is still one of our top performers despite that.

Gutted see him go.

Now I'm torn between being excited about a new player coming in to replace him (please be very soon!) and being terrified that replacement will be terrible and Lukaku will be our only genuine striker until the end of the season.

He already was. Jelavic played less than a half of football since Lukaku arrived.