IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

I think if you see a Jack Rodwell who gets a run of games and keeps fit you are looking at a very capable footballer. Not to harp on about Moyes but I could see the difference in him over time as his game became more "crab like" - when he started out he was so positive and composed. The right manager who gives him that level of belief will make the most of his attributes - 2 good feet, athletic, strong, box to box, strong in the tackle, good in the air, with a good shot with either foot...

Look back on the forum... we had him rated in the £40m bracket at one stage. I'm saying that "if" he recovers from injury issues then he will be a very good player.

I think if you see a Jack Rodwell who gets a run of games and keeps fit you are looking at a very capable footballer. Not to harp on about Moyes but I could see the difference in him over time as his game became more "crab like" - when he started out he was so positive and composed. The right manager who gives him that level of belief will make the most of his attributes - 2 good feet, athletic, strong, box to box, strong in the tackle, good in the air, with a good shot with either foot...

Look back on the forum... we had him rated in the £40m bracket at one stage. I'm saying that "if" he recovers from injury issues then he will be a very good player.

Should fit in perfectly with our new system then :P

Guest blueboy122

I don't want him here because I don't think he's good enough. His rubbish fitness is just an added negative point.

Agreed he wouldn't bring anything to the team.

His technique is awful as well. Looks so uncomfortable on the ball

And I disagree with the comment about him being uncomfortable on the ball. If anything I'd say he was very comfortable. Had a good touch and was a decent passer.

Exactly what I thought. Ok, hes been rusty at City but we used to talk about him being our box to box guy!

For me, he didnt have the touch of a midfielder at the top level. Under the pressure that comes with playing in that position I think his touch and passing were both average. If he isnt good enough at the back to be a centre half then I dont think he will ever make it at a CL chasing club.

Hmm, as I say earlier in the thread he's more athlete than footballer.

We all get some right and we all get some wrong, but if I was an Everton fan I wouldn't be sold on him coming back at all - not even as backup. I think there's glaring holes in his positional sense and his ability to read a game (although they could be rectified). More worrying is that he seems to be very slow with the ball at his feet - in a possession based team like Martinez is trying to build, it's imperative to shift the ball quickly to keep the one or two touch football going. Gareth Barry and James McCarthy look to be good at that right now and I'm not sure Rodwell is - but it's been so long since he featured for Man City so who knows what's going on with the technical side of his game, or if he even puts in extra time working on it?

Tend to agree that he isn't good enough in CM for a club with CL aspirations. I'm not familiar with him at CB really so that may be a different matter.

Guest blueboy122

For me, he didnt have the touch of a midfielder at the top level. Under the pressure that comes with playing in that position I think his touch and passing were both average. If he isnt good enough at the back to be a centre half then I dont think he will ever make it at a CL chasing club.

Exactly doesn't excel in any position. He isn't good enough for a top half team in my opinion doesn't bring anything apart from athleticism.

The lad was 20 (I think) when he left. Bad touch? It can be learnt, not that it mattered too much because he was quick / strong / long enough to win the ball back if he did lose it.

There was a reason we were all excited about him, I think people have forgotten the lads potential.

The lad was 20 (I think) when he left. Bad touch? It can be learnt, not that it mattered too much because he was quick / strong / long enough to win the ball back if he did lose it.

There was a reason we were all excited about him, I think people have forgotten the lads potential.

Totally agree with this.

What has happened to him to have dropped down in opinion so much? Yes even i clapped my hands when we sold him as we got a good price for his form and injurys.

But if we could get him on the right deal and he could get over his injurys then surely it would be worth it?

Would we have swapped him for Barry when he was 19?

Or Osman?

The lad has potential still and i still say he always looks good when he is on the pitch for city.

moyes' biggest ever mistake playing him on the wing...i'd have rather loaned him out than force him into the team

I think half the posters on this forum would get a game on the wing for Moyes.

"Whats that laddie, you are a goally? - reet what I want you to do to day is close their left back down"

"what from goal???"

"noooo!!!, you are playing right midfield"

What....

I want players who are going to push us on and take us to the next level..

Were has it been mentioned that the priority is a CM

Stevie Wonder could see that we need a forward more than any other position

Great idea. Now if we only had 50m+ in the transfer kitty to bring in two top strikers and one central midfielder. You are brilliant. I'm going to recommend you be named our technical director, as clearly you could bring in a number of quality players with money we don't have.

Guest blueboy122

Great idea. Now if we only had 50m+ in the transfer kitty to bring in two top strikers and one central midfielder. You are brilliant. I'm going to recommend you be named our technical director, as clearly you could bring in a number of quality players with money we don't have.

Don't get your knickers in a twist Quinny.

We may have near £30m for the summer so your not that far away really if some rumours are correct. We don't even need that amount of money to bring in somebody who can make a difference, we have brought some excellent loan signings who have made a difference and cost us nothing relatively nothing anyway. For the prices being quoted for Rodwell we could have Holtby who is a far better player and is technically brilliant he wouldn't cost £50 m. Centre forward wise for under £50 m again there are options Loic Remey could be one again would cost around £8-£10 million maybe a tad more and he is real player... Questionable attitude etc but a good option to look at. There are plenty of players who we could bring in that could make a bigger difference than Rodwell.

Not saying I wouldn't have Rodwell just I wouldn't spend money on him, if he was free than great I would take him.

Technical Director... Do we even have one of those? Will you apply on my behalf? Just don't you apply I couldn't stand spending money on an average player like Rodwell rather give Lundstram a go and he maybe ready next season.

Just need to think.... Really not difficult Quinny

Guest blueboy122

What....

I want players who are going to push us on and take us to the next level..

Were has it been mentioned that the priority is a CM

Stevie Wonder could see that we need a forward more than any other position

From that response how did you come up with this rubbish?

Edited by blueboy122

Guest blueboy122

As stated Jack Rodwell would be ok coming in on a free or relatively low figure £1-3M max for me but obviously he will command a higher fee due to city signing him for £15m was it?

Jack Colback is on a free this summer and I would much rather have him not just because he is free but because he can stay fit and is a good squad player who can fill in a number of positions.. Needless to say he looked excellent against Newcastle last weekend.

There you go Quinny theres another one for you to think about

Where do I sign for this Directors job I was being offered :happy:

As stated Jack Rodwell would be ok coming in on a free or relatively low figure £1-3M max for me but obviously he will command a higher fee due to city signing him for £15m was it?

Jack Colback is on a free this summer and I would much rather have him not just because he is free but because he can stay fit and is a good squad player who can fill in a number of positions.. Needless to say he looked excellent against Newcastle last weekend.

There you go Quinny theres another one for you to think about

Where do I sign for this Directors job I was being offered :happy:

Sorry, mate. I have a tendency to be a sarcastic bellend at times. No need for that from me.

If you think we can find better players than Rodwell in the same pricerange, then that's a fair argument. I'm just saying that we probably don't have the funds to go buy someone who is known to be a top midfielder considering we will need to sign at least one striker, probably two in the summer (One of whom should be a proven goalscorer, which will cost a lot of money).

Colback could be a decent signing, he's not proven much, but has shown some flares of being a quality player. I reckon Roberto could get some could play out of him.

• 1 month later...

Could be a good move. It Traore goes back to Monaco and Kone gets fit we are going to need someone to give Alcaraz and Gibson competition for that spot on the physio's table

:rofl:

Just made an idiot of myself on the bus because of that, thanks Dunc!