IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

Personally I loved him at Everton, think he could be great for us but seriously I don't want to put important money on him. I suppose it depends on how the loan players pan out season end because if we loose Barry and Gerry maybe he would be worth spending dough on?

Heard a great quote yesterday forgive me if it was on here but I think it was twitter "Jack Rodwell would be a great player if he didn't have cheese strings for hamstrings"

at least it would be side way passes in midfield rather than between the 2 CBs....

Ha, yeah I would like to see Rodwell here given another chance (on the cheap of course). Interesting was a vague word to use. I though the stat was misleading, because Barry and McCarthy pass sideways a lot as well, so I don't think that's the best CM stat to use.

I read somewhere that he's going/gone to Wigan on loan to get some gametime.

was in the Mirror yesterday

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-jack-rodwell-3235180

Would be good for us actually. He can get some match fitness and we can assess him before deciding if signing him is the right thing to do or not.

Interesting way to look at it, but I still think it ends with the sam result. If he performs well enough, then other teams with more resources (aka money) and a bigger need of a CM will come in and swoop him up. Now if Rodwell said he would only sign for Everton, then that'd be a different story. Him being a blue though, with a new style of football on the table, you never know. Like most have said on here, I'd have him back for the right price.

• 2 months later...

Do Everton and Newcastle share scouts? Every time I see Everton linked to someone, Newcastle is interested too. Lazy journalism, perhaps?

It's quite a frequent "coincidence" every window it's either Spurs or Newcastle I just think some wolly journo's still deem newcastle a big club pushing the top 5/6 and put two and two together

I still think he could do well for someone but for £10m not a chance with his injury record and the amount of time he's played i think City are pissed to expect as much.....

£5/6m then yes but anything more then it's a resounding no from me

I think he has dodgy Hamstrings....

• 2014 January 1st - Hamstring Injury
  • 2013 November 15th - Hamstring Injury
  • 2013 September - Hamstring Injury
  • 2013 March 4th - Hamstring Injury
  • 2012 October 12th - Hamstring Injury
  • 2012 September 25th - Groin Strain
  • 2012 September 1st - Knee Injury
  • 2012 March 17th - Hamstring Injury
  • 2012 January 4th - Hamstring Injury
  • 2011 December 8th - Hamstring Injury
  • 2011 November 25th - Rib Injury
  • 2011 March 25th - Ankle/Foot Injury
  • 2011 February 10th - Groin Strain
  • 2010 August 30th - Ankle/Foot Injury
  • 2009 December 17th - Hamstring Injury
  • 2009 November 25th - Groin Strain
  • 2009 November 8th - Groin Strain
  • 2009 October 1st - Virus
  • 2009 August 20th - Knee Injury

http://www.clubcall.com/everton/return-on-cards-for-rodwell-1726722.html

I wouldn't even waste a loan move on him, tbh. Loans are going to be important for us, again, so we shouldn't be handicapping ourselves by signing a player on loan who'll likely spend more time injured than playing.

That's probably just an excuse by me though; I just don't want him here because I think we're better than him now. He's not good enough.

I wouldn't even waste a loan move on him, tbh. Loans are going to be important for us, again, so we shouldn't be handicapping ourselves by signing a player on loan who'll likely spend more time injured than playing.

That's probably just an excuse by me though; I just don't want him here because I think we're better than him now. He's not good enough.

We need someone to take Traore's place!

Guest blueboy122

Exactly Dembele is more the type and calibre of player we need.

Out of interest has Rodwell actually managed to play a number of games in succession without injury? Not much chance of getting a run of games at city but all I can remember is a very stop/start career. Haf's post above puts it into context.

City let Barry leave because they rated Rodwell that much. The lad got fucked over by the club (Moyes), hope the new manager brings him back and progresses him in to the star he should be.

Rodwell knew when he signed for City that he wouldn't be playing week in week out. That was his decision though not Moyes, we decided to sell him, I still think it was a good decision. 12 million for a player who kept getting injured.

I also agree he had loads of potential to become a good player but injuries have hampered that progress and I don't think he will ever be a player that he was destined to be now. Unfortunately it is like that in football though, look at Owen Hargreaves, Jonathan Woodgate. Great players but kept getting injured. Woodgate moved to Madrid and got injured, it was a year until he started playing regularly.

I just think if we got Rodwell it would be a mistake, I do think he is a good player no doubt in my eyes about that, just he is plagued with injuries. Which is a shame.

I've been trying to think of some examples (but can't) of:

- players that played really well for club,

- Left the club in a high

- didn't play or play well for the club they went to.

- went back to the club they left and most importantly went on to play really well from that point onwards.

Any examples you can think of?

Duncan Ferguson perhaps? Despite him being a legend I'm not sure if when he returned after Newcastle he was as good as before he left...

I'm sure there must be some...

Edited by Trigger