IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

http://www.cheshire-today.co.uk/22282/

I'm sure he could fit into this new system - question is would he be able to stay fit enough? I'd love him back if so.

On a side note - I'd love Vaughan back should Jelavic go in Jan. he wouldn't be the 1st choice answer but what an impact player now he looks to be a bit fitter/luckier with injuries.

I'd rather us not take a backwards step. And that's exactly what this would be. He didn't exactly show a lot when he was here, and when he could stay fit. And all he's done since is be injured.

We robbed City to get £12million for him and he's done fuck all there, so why would we pay the same amount to get him back? Plus, we have much better than him now so it makes no sense to pay that amount for someone who will sit on the bench.

Edited by Romey 1878

I think we've got a good base of English talent, both experienced and youth. We now need to add some more Flair, especially through the middle. We need 1 or 2 players who can unluck a defence (well, we've needed that for a while IMO) so i'd expect Martinez to be looking at bringing in a relative unknown from Spain, Holland or Germany. De Bruyne would be the perfect signing, but obviouisly bigger teams than us will be circling.

This, like Romey says would be a needless backwards step. We have 2 great CDM in Barry and McCarthy who would do the exact same thing Rodwell would...Give better, more technical players the platform to perform. And again like Romey says, there is no way we are going to pay that much for him to come and sit on our bench, though i do think we need cover for Barry and McCarthy, just not at that price.

Why should he be given a second chance? He knew he would be potentially ruining his career when he went to city. As someone mentioned it would be a step back. Let's buy some other youngster for 8mil for centre Park

I remember reading he didnt want to leave and that Moyes sold him because it was too good an offer to turn down...

I remember reading he didnt want to leave and that Moyes sold him because it was too good an offer to turn down...

In all fairness it was a very good offer, however im sure he could have tried harder to stay. He was very over rated anyway IMO.

In all fairness it was a very good offer, however im sure he could have tried harder to stay. He was very over rated anyway IMO.

not sure what he couldve done :unsure: They offered him triple his salary and the club made the agreement to sell. Yeah, he couldve rejected the move but Im sure the lure of competing for the title on massive wages was enough to settle any doubts he had

not sure what he couldve done :unsure: They offered him triple his salary and the club made the agreement to sell. Yeah, he couldve rejected the move but Im sure the lure of competing for the title on massive wages was enough to settle any doubts he had

Given his injury record it was the smart move for rodwell. A signing on fee, a mega salary = set for life. He is the type of player who could do a hargreaves, his injury record is a big worry.

Don't really rate him at all - the way I see it is that like Bale, Walcott, Walker etc (all to varying degrees) he relies on athletic gifts to make up for his relative lack of ability and footballing intelligence. I don't think you need players like that. Guys like Barkley and Mirallas are good athletes but they actually have ability too. Rodwell may go on to be a good PL player but I don't think you need him, and you can get better than him.

What's the point? Good player on his day but doesn't have man days. The young midfielder I want is Hughes from derby. Only a kid but is a real star in the making. Barkley,McCarthy,Hughes for the future? Yes please

If the price was low, and Im talking a couple of million, then I would have him back because I do think he has ability and I think that Martinez would improve his positional sense and decision making dramatically.

This. If he were available for 2-4m, he might be worth a punt. Still though, his injury record is about as bad as they come... We've already got Gibson, a very talented midfielder who has been unfit far too often for us, as well as Alcaraz, so I'm not sure I would take another injury prone player at the moment. Who knows, maybe Rodwell's career will continue to stall and City and we can get him on loan or really cheap at some point in the future (They're probably not ready to let him go cheap/on loan just yet, though)...

No thanks. Not really even at 2-3 mil. Need all the money we possibly have to find a left back and a striker. Possibly even a winger. We dont need another CM right now. At least not one made of glas. We already have Gibbo.

We desperately need another cm - Barry, McCarthy and Gibson for the role is not enough - Osman can 'do a job' there but he needs to be challenging Barkley for the off the striker role.

So the answer really shouldn't be to bring in an injury prone CM should it?

I'm not saying that. I said I'd have Rodwell back should he be over his injuries initially. I've added that this is a position we are very short in - it should be our priority in Jan to get at least one cm in to challenge GB/JM - maybe a 2nd on-loan to cover Gibson's injury. I like the sound of the chap from Porto personally.

be interested to see who he would replace if he did

And that's a good question. It's hard to argue against McCarthy, as he was Martinez's "big" signing and has been playing well. Gareth Barry has also been in top form and has five wins in five appearances for the club, but he is getting on in years. It's a tough call. He plays a different position than Barkley, so he wouldn't replace him either.

I'll let you know when January comes. ;)

And that's a good question. It's hard to argue against McCarthy, as he was Martinez's "big" signing and has been playing well. Gareth Barry has also been in top form and has five wins in five appearances for the club, but he is getting on in years. It's a tough call. He plays a different position than Barkley, so he wouldn't replace him either.

I'll let you know when January comes. ;)

I'm not really sure there's anything wrong with having 3 or 4 healthy players to compete for 2 midfield spots. Gibbo's always injured, and Barry is on in years. The ability to rotate quality starters is what we need. So, he doesn't really need to "replace" anybody, as none of them should be guaranteed a starting place in the first place.