IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

Guest blueboy122

I'd have him on a free and nothing more. I don't want to spend a single penny on him when we won't have much to spend and he'll spend more time getting felt up by our physio than on the pitch.

Agree with this however I would take him for under £3M.

I never really rated him when he was here to be honest but some members on here think he had great potential think Haf is a big fan.

I just dont see it personally.

Agree with this however I would take him for under £3M.

I never really rated him when he was here to be honest but some members on here think he had great potential think Haf is a big fan.

I just dont see it personally.

His first season he showed tremendous ability, composed on the ball, the ability to take the ball with either foot - lookied like a class act. Something went wrong with his confidence, not sure if moyes playing him out of position etc had anything to do with it.

If he can get his fitness sorted then he could be a great signing, given a run of games he could realise that potential.

Espn is saying that have sources that say he's getting signed by us in summer as well.

Good move, now we need to sign Barry and our central mids will be looking good.

link?

I refuse to get excited about any signings until I see the pic on the OS, 48 hours after everyone else has confirmed it.

Why would you be excited about this even if it's true? It's hardly a signing to get your blood pumping.

Already explained when this popped up in Jan a page or so ago, but I would be excited to see him back, price dependent. As for blood-pumping signings, since when do we do that?!

Cheers, am at work and was inbetween meetings, didnt have a chance to search :)

Edited by Matt

Average + player for his age, that's why City bought him, they were hoping he had more potential, that and they thought United were favorites to get him, in short they took a chance on him.

Obviously he's not as good as some thought, but maybe he just needs the right club and manager.Don't pay too much for him and hope he comes back with a hell of a lot to prove, it just be a masterstroke.

I'd give City £8million for him and Lescott, there should still be a couple of seasons left in Lescott.

They would hae to expect to recive Everton type pay cheques..........probably cause a bit of this :crying:

Edited by Blue 250

No problem. I am excited about this too because he's a blue and we need good CM cover. I don't think he will start but would be great for depth and I think RM can get his confidence back.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Already explained when this popped up in Jan a page or so ago, but I would be excited to see him back, price dependent. As for blood-pumping signings, since when do we do that?!

Why excited though? He's not an exciting player in any way. Pleased I can understand but excited? Even if I wanted him back I wouldn't be excited about it.

If you could get 40 games a season out of him I think he would grow into a hell of a player. Too many managers have rated him when he was fit. Moyes, Manchini, Hodgson, all brought him in whenever he was fit. Just them hamstrings of his.

I like the lad, he is composed with the ball, good energy, but seems to let the game pass him by sometimes instead of grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck. Sometimes during a game all that's needed is a thunderous challenge or surge forward with the ball to focus the mind and dominate your area. I feel he is just coasting along at the moment? :dont know:

I like the lad, he is composed with the ball, good energy, but seems to let the game pass him by sometimes instead of grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck. Sometimes during a game all that's needed is a thunderous challenge or surge forward with the ball to focus the mind and dominate your area. I feel he is just coasting along at the moment? :dont know:

He's the English Joe Allen.

After that surging run and finish against United I thought he would go on to be that dominating, athletic midfielder, but he never progressed. He played like a coward for the most part.

He's the English Joe Allen.

After that surging run and finish against United I thought he would go on to be that dominating, athletic midfielder, but he never progressed. He played like a coward for the most part.

he's been repeatedly injured, I find that exceptionally harsh

How do you mean Mark? Like bottling out if tackles?

No, just coasting through games and not really doing anything at all through fear of making a mistake.

Some would say that could be down to Moyes installing that fear in him, and maybe that did play a role, but I feel it's more just the way he is.