IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-not-open-offers-kevin-10688158

We are not open to offers. Not at all, he said. What we have seen with Kevin is that he signed a new contract in the summer and had a strong pre-season.

We are in football to make decisions and we have really good attacking options.

Kevin was unfortunate. He started the first game against Watford but then got a little niggle, a little injury. He then got the three game suspension (for a red card at Swansea).

But the way he has been working the last few weeks earned him a start against Newcastle and I thought he did really well. I expect him to have a major influence in the second half of the season.

If you take into consideration we have really good attacking players in our team and really good options going forward, there is

still the opportunity for every player is to use good moments of form to help the team and Kevin is a big part of that as he showed against Newcastle.

Ain't a fcking clue what to make of that! Martinez is now known as The Riddler that's how I'll refer to him from now on!

Edited by MC11

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-not-open-offers-kevin-10688158

We are not open to offers. Not at all, he said. What we have seen with Kevin is that he signed a new contract in the summer and had a strong pre-season.

We are in football to make decisions and we have really good attacking options.

Kevin was unfortunate. He started the first game against Watford but then got a little niggle, a little injury. He then got the three game suspension (for a red card at Swansea).

But the way he has been working the last few weeks earned him a start against Newcastle and I thought he did really well. I expect him to have a major influence in the second half of the season.

If you take into consideration we have really good attacking players in our team and really good options going forward, there is

still the opportunity for every player is to use good moments of form to help the team and Kevin is a big part of that as he showed against Newcastle.

Ain't a fcking clue what to make of that! Martinez is now known as The Riddler that's how I'll refer to him from now on!

lol he's just doing the smokescreen to get more quid from monaco. not going to sell ahem...another 5m pounds......kev is quality....ok 12m it is.....well he's off we will miss him but he wanted to go and we couldn't do anything to stop him lol you know it will happen just like that.

Well it just doesn't make sense to me that Mirallas didn't even get any minutes against Spurs. Koné started, Mirallas didn't even make it as a substitution. I don't know what Martinez sees on the training pitch, but to an outsider like me it's just weird. I'd rather see him play for a different team than Everton than not see him play at all.

Well it just doesn't make sense to me that Mirallas didn't even get any minutes against Spurs. Koné started, Mirallas didn't even make it as a substitution. I don't know what Martinez sees on the training pitch, but to an outsider like me it's just weird. I'd rather see him play for a different team than Everton than not see him play at all.

you haven't been on in a while. he had a blow up with Roberto last year when he stole the ball from Baines and missed a penalty. Fans were livid (rightly so). They he and Samuel Eto'o had a little group of "mean girls" that were running the dressing room and being twats. Roberto doesn't like Mirallas and that's why he's getting the treatment he gets. Punishment, Penance, whatever you want to call it Mirallas and RM butted heads and this is the result. Stupid really. he should start or be sold, on the bench it's a waste of talent and wages.

Either that or he slept with his wife, only other thing that makes sense why Kone starts lol

Edited by markjazzbassist

All of that may have gone on Mark, and I believe it did, but in now way would they give him a new contract to then treat him like this. Why keep paying good money to a guy who you have no intention of playing? Its not like we are so flush with cash we can keep doing that, if we had no intention of playing him they would have just sold him in the summer for whatever we could get.

As RM said, he played against Watford and got injured, he was shite too by the way, then when he comes back and goes and gets himself sent off in an absolutely stupid challenge at Swansea.

Does no one think that maybe after that RM just doesn't have the trust in him to not do it again?

I'd love nothing more than to see Gerry and Kev playing together on either wing, but I've said before and i'll no doubt say again, I don't think he has the determination to fight for his place and I really hope he proves me wrong. If hes still here in Feb he will have to if he wants to go to the euros.

In the last 7 PL games he was on the pitch in only 3 for a total of 120 odd minutes The whole season so far he was only on the pitch for longer than 30 min in 3 games.In the Swansea game he was sent on as a sub with 3 min of play left -understandable frustration caused that red and Martinez is partly to blame.

Even Naismith spent more time on the pitch than him and Kone 4 times more than him.

He scored 7 goals last season and 9 the season before with many assists - this season only 1 so far

Martinez should play him or sell him - these childish personal games belong in a woman football team

By not playing him Mirallas has lost confidence and value -

Who in the end is the winner? - only Martinez's ego

In the last 7 PL games he was on the pitch in only 3 for a total of 120 odd minutes The whole season so far he was only on the pitch for longer than 30 min in 3 games.In the Swansea game he was sent on as a sub with 3 min of play left -understandable frustration caused that red and Martinez is partly to blame.

Even Naismith spent more time on the pitch than him and Kone 4 times more than him.

He scored 7 goals last season and 9 the season before with many assists - this season only 1 so far

Martinez should play him or sell him - these childish personal games belong in a woman football team

By not playing him Mirallas has lost confidence and value -

Who in the end is the winner? - only Martinez's ego

Bingo

All of that may have gone on Mark, and I believe it did, but in now way would they give him a new contract to then treat him like this. Why keep paying good money to a guy who you have no intention of playing? Its not like we are so flush with cash we can keep doing that, if we had no intention of playing him they would have just sold him in the summer for whatever we could get.

Bingo #2.

As RM said, he played against Watford and got injured, he was shite too by the way, then when he comes back and goes and gets himself sent off in an absolutely stupid challenge at Swansea.

Does no one think that maybe after that RM just doesn't have the trust in him to not do it again?

I'd love nothing more than to see Gerry and Kev playing together on either wing, but I've said before and i'll no doubt say again, I don't think he has the determination to fight for his place and I really hope he proves me wrong. If hes still here in Feb he will have to if he wants to go to the euros.

spot on steve. im with you, it boggles my mind the present situation. why sign him to a new deal if you don't like him? why not sell? why not sell now in jan? why say you want him here but don't play him. i'm confused and mad as well steve, it's a strange situation.

I like what Kev can offer...when 'on it'.

But why is so much common sense being lost here?

Mirrallas can't get in the team. Simple. He has to earn his place. That's all.

It's nothing to do with falling out with the Manager. Nothing to do with control. Nothing to do with ego. You don't get a new 3 year contract if you are not wanted...especially from our skint club. We can't afford to pay the extra bonuses, pay rises, signing on fees, agent fees etc that come with new contracts. We struggle to do it for players we do want, never mind players we supposedly don't want!!!

Mirrallas had to prove himself after last season's penalty shenanigans. Shit happens, we are blokes, the best of us shake hands and carry on. Martinez has said he has been unlucky...he had a good pre season...got injured...came back...got suspended...he got a chance at Newcastle...picked up a niggle, missed the Stoke game.

Let's not forget that before the last handful of games, a TEAM slump, Kone had been playing pretty well overall. He bagged himself 5 goals and 4 assists in that period. Last season in 29 league appearances, Mirrallas bagged himself 7 goals and 1 assist...why is it that Kone should just be dropped for a player who has proven to be inconsistent and volatile?

I get what's happening. Mirrallas is the type of player that creates memories for you with a nice bit of skill or a dazzling run...he can do that in the 89th minute but nothing else all game. But more than that, it's just another way to get as many cheap digs in at Martinez as possible by his usual detractors.

If Mirrallas moves, good luck to him. If he plays for us, I hope he does brilliantly, sets a load up and scores a few. All the rest in between is just bollocks.

Sorry, should add 'IMO'!

I like what Kev can offer...when 'on it'.

But why is so much common sense being lost here?

Mirrallas can't get in the team. Simple. He has to earn his place. That's all.

It's nothing to do with falling out with the Manager. Nothing to do with control. Nothing to do with ego. You don't get a new 3 year contract if you are not wanted...especially from our skint club. We can't afford to pay the extra bonuses, pay rises, signing on fees, agent fees etc that come with new contracts. We struggle to do it for players we do want, never mind players we supposedly don't want!!!

Mirrallas had to prove himself after last season's penalty shenanigans. Shit happens, we are blokes, the best of us shake hands and carry on. Martinez has said he has been unlucky...he had a good pre season...got injured...came back...got suspended...he got a chance at Newcastle...picked up a niggle, missed the Stoke game.

Let's not forget that before the last handful of games, a TEAM slump, Kone had been playing pretty well overall. He bagged himself 5 goals and 4 assists in that period. Last season in 29 league appearances, Mirrallas bagged himself 7 goals and 1 assist...why is it that Kone should just be dropped for a player who has proven to be inconsistent and volatile?

I get what's happening. Mirrallas is the type of player that creates memories for you with a nice bit of skill or a dazzling run...he can do that in the 89th minute but nothing else all game. But more than that, it's just another way to get as many cheap digs in at Martinez as possible by his usual detractors.

If Mirrallas moves, good luck to him. If he plays for us, I hope he does brilliantly, sets a load up and scores a few. All the rest in between is just bollocks.

Sorry, should add 'IMO'!

If you really believe Mirallas doesn't get in this side on ability you've no hope. There is only one wide player at the club who I can say has more ability than him. The others just aren't even close. Yet the bloke can't get a string of games together. Kone & Cleverley seem to be preferred on that left hand side which is absolutely bizzare, square pegs in round holes. Mirallas was not injured for Stoke. He was dropped from the squad a long with Lennon.

Edited by MC11

If you really believe Mirallas doesn't get in this side on ability you've no hope. There is only one wide player at the club who I can say has more ability than him. The others just aren't even close. Yet the bloke can't get a string of games together. Kone & Cleverley seem to be preferred on that left hand side which is absolutely bizzare, square pegs in round holes. Mirallas was not injured for Stoke. He was dropped from the squad a long with Lennon.

I'm saying he has to earn his place like anyone else. I've not dismissed his ability but when you have missed games through injury/suspension and the guy in your place is doing a fine job, plus you've shown yourself to be very 'up and down', you have to wait and prove yourself. Ability alone isn't enough. I'm not blinded by my love for any particular player, I see them as they are. Players in a team. No 'I' in team and all that.

Says on the Sky Sports write up today that he was injured for the Stoke game.

http://www.skysports.com/share/10120022

I'm saying he has to earn his place like anyone else. I've not dismissed his ability but when you have missed games through injury/suspension and the guy in your place is doing a fine job, plus you've shown yourself to be very 'up and down', you have to wait and prove yourself. Ability alone isn't enough. I'm not blinded by my love for any particular player, I see them as they are. Players in a team. No 'I' in team and all that.

Says on the Sky Sports write up today that he was injured for the Stoke game.

http://www.skysports.com/share/10120022

Then why does Barkley, Howard, etc ALWAYS play when they have had utter shite games - Howard especially for the last god-knows-how-many months? I think RM plays favourites and he has his pet toys - Kev ain't one of them.

Would you call sending Mirallas onto the pitch against Swansea with 3 min of extra time left giving a player a fair chance to prove himself or a disguised punishment?

This is certainly not an ability or form issue but a personal one especially in the light of the fact that our left side has gone totally lame since Mirallas and Pienaar left. Whoever have been playing on the left "has not been doing a fine job" whatsoever.

It's quite simple. Mirallas came out last January and said there was interest from other clubs but Martinez promised him game time. Mirallas said Martinez had broke that promise.... He was a bit part player towards the end of last season. Now for him to sign another contract he must have been reassured he'd play. Again he's been snubbed.

Martinez seems to be playing mind games. He needs to let the bloke go and replace him with someone who he'll have a better relationship with or let bygones be bygones and give him a chance to prove himself.

One way or another the whole episode has dragged on and Martinez is the one starting to look childish. Has Kev learned his lesson? I think he's gone beyond that now and just thinks "ok, time to move on".

There was a sweet spot in all of this and that has now passed, if your child has been naughty then ground them for a week. If after that week has passed and you still treat them like a criminal then they are likely to rebel - there is a time to move on and let them determine the way to behave... if you have gone too far then prepare for more.

I have no doubt that Mirallas as this stage last year or earlier was up to no good with the ring leader Eto... I actually think there is a reason why Howard is still in the sticks and that is because he stuck up for Roberto.

Roberto needs to think about the team and forget the mini mutiny - thats gone, get on with it. Sell him or play him.

Then why does Barkley, Howard, etc ALWAYS play when they have had utter shite games - Howard especially for the last god-knows-how-many months? I think RM plays favourites and he has his pet toys - Kev ain't one of them.

He probably does have his favourites. I think every manager does. It's only natural isn't it? In this case, it's more about saying that if Martinez had a real problem with Mirallas, he wouldn't have got a new contract.

I'm sure Martinez likes him as a player and for what he can offer. But maybe there is an issue with trust? You selective guys forget that Mirrallas did get a chance...unfortunately got injured...got another chance...unfortunately got sent off...got another chance...supposedly picked up a niggle. Doesn't he have a history of picking up injuries?

When Mirrallas came to us, he was a step above. Easily our best attacking option. Now he has to compete with our best attacking options for a long long time. So from No.1 to No.??. Maybe it's his ego that is bruised? Maybe he doesn't like having to compete for a place? Maybe he hadn't got the heart to fight for it? It happens. Different personalities in different players.

I reckon he'll get his chance. Then it's up to him. At the end of the day, you can't say we have missed him unless he can play at the back?!!

Just a quick one, over this whole none issue of a debate.

As we have scored the most goals in the Premier League from open play, and if we had any pens Rom would be taking them anyway. And we've conceded way too many goals so far, I've got to ask, if Kev played would we have;

a ) scored even more goals than every other team in the premier league?

b ) conceded less goals than we have already?

As we have scored the most goals in the Premier League from open play, and if we had any pens Rom would be taking them anyway. And we've conceded way too many goals so far, I've got to ask, if Kev played would we have;

A) yes

B) yes

Concede less as we wouldn't have to carry Kone.