IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Ah I see it now all muddled up in those figures. We're still completely disregarding the 13 games since suspension though. Nope not a peep at those.

Again, keep it in perspective of the post I originally replied to...where Sideliner stated that Martinez had 'obviously shown Mirallas a cold shoulder....'. I was just showing that he actually started the 1st game etc...if he hadn't got injured, then who knows? It seems like more bad luck than a Martinez agenda.

I've covered the rest of the games with reasons, if you read!!!

You need to read above. I've put him right. His numbers are clearly not facts.

In terms of lying about injuries?? When? He was injured at the start of the season and after the Newcastle game for one match... He was back in the squad for Stoke.... Newty has got 5 games since Arsenal from somewhere? Wrong.

Read it again and you haven't put him right.

Again, keep it in perspective of the post I originally replied to...where Sideliner stated that Martinez had 'obviously shown Mirallas a cold shoulder....'. I was just showing that he actually started the 1st game etc...if he hadn't got injured, then who knows? It seems like more bad luck than a Martinez agenda.

You really haven't covered them though. You've totally disregarded them. There is 13 games since he's returned from suspension that he hasn't been given a fair crack at... He's started 2 games since then. This isn't a squad player. He's on the most talented in the squad & a previous regular for 3 seasons... One of the first names on the sheet. Previously if he'd been injured he'd have been straight back in the starting 11, he was a key player.

You really haven't covered them though. You've totally disregarded them. There is 13 games since he's returned from suspension that he hasn't been given a fair crack at... He's started 2 games since then. This isn't a squad player. He's on the most talented in the squad & a previous regular for 3 seasons... One of the first names on the sheet. Previously if he'd been injured he'd have been straight back in the starting 11, he was a key player.

Read the post(s), I haven't disregarded them. If you drop your defensive guard, you'll be able to read more clearly. Possible reasons for non selection have been given. What, I really have to go into them 1 by 1?!! And say what? That our results had been fine without him up until around December? He came back vs Arsenal, we lost. We then went 6 games unbeaten. I don't know what more you want me to say? At that time, the team was doing fine in the positions he would play. He was getting game time, bit by bit. As I've already said, it could be true that Martinez stuck with Kone too long, I've never denied that.

As far as this set of comments go...you mention a bit of 'previous'...things change, times move on, new players come in and compete for your place. You get suspended. You get injured. You have to catch up. You have to earn your place back. I'm not in anyway doubting his talent, I'm doubting the theories that something is wrong...and I'm doing pretty good at it because no one is able to come back with anything that shows or sticks. Nothing at all...absolutely nothing.

Tell me MC...do you go the gym or do any form of exercise? If you went the gym with a bunch of guys who went consistently, but you had to miss some sessions, would you expect to go back and lift the same as them or would you have to back off and build up again? Same goes for running....same distance? Or back off and build up again? Pick an activity at will, same thing applies.

I've said all I can. I've no problems with Mirallas and hope he is now involved more.

I'm done on this topic.

The one thing that's always been stuck is he's one of our best players "not" playing. A player who we all couldn't wait to return from injury. A player who went straight back into the starting 11 once fit. This time around that hasn't happened and so no I don't agree that those players getting the games are better players.

Regarding the gym. Lol. That's an odd one. Players who are injured aren't generally put into a match day squad until they are deemed fit to play.... Strength and talent are two totally different things. To answer your question.... Would I expect someone with less talent to perform better because they'd had a couple of games extra under their belt? No

Here's another take on the issue.

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2016/1/7/10727202/kevin-mirallas-deserves-more-playing-time

Maybe I can add one more. Martinez undoubtedly sees the team as a whole as more important than the individuals of which it's comprised. If Kone brings out the best in Lukaku, for example, then Kone plays over Mirallas - that kind of thing. In this discussion, we've focused on Mirallas as an individual, but that's only part of the picture.

Do you think Mirtallas could have or should have played more of the 13 games since he served his suspension which he got in a game where he was given a great chance when sent on in 89th min ?

Do you think Mirtallas could have or should have played more of the 13 games since he served his suspension which he got in a game where he was given a great chance when sent on in 89th min ?

the word "should" could be used to say "mirallas SHOULD be one of the first 3 names on the team sheet"

Because of his ability Mirallas "should" be starting for Belgium.

Being played is not just about ability - if it was about ability Aiden McGeady would be playing far more than he is.

The biggest question for me is "why is Mirallas such a tempremental sulky, petulent player who has an attitude problem"... there is no question of this. When he fancies it - he is quality

I do yes.

He should have had more time. How much I'm not sure. I don't see him in training etc.

But I am sure he could have made an impact in the last twenty of matches.

Don't agree with this 3 mins being an excuse though. I have watched hundreds of professionals come onto the pitch in injury time and still play professionally.

as fans i believe we are entitled to know why our 2nd most prolific goal scorer has become a bench warmer (if he was injured he would not have been on the bench) for the last 13 games while we drew game after game -

we have no official explanation and that is why we have all started speculating which we are also entitled to do in the absence of an official reason-

at this point we have to agree to disagree on this one - some of us are happy that he has started at last and some of us believe he should not have started before Saturday -

lets all hope he can now contribute to get us out of the bottom half of the table by beating some top half teams which we are the only side not having been able to do this season

as fans i believe we are entitled to know why our 2nd most prolific goal scorer has become a bench warmer (if he was injured he would not have been on the bench) for the last 13 games while we drew game after game -

we have no official explanation and that is why we have all started speculating which we are also entitled to do in the absence of an official reason-

at this point we have to agree to disagree on this one - some of us are happy that he has started at last and some of us believe he should not have started before Saturday -

lets all hope he can now contribute to get us out of the bottom half of the table by beating some top half teams which we are the only side not having been able to do this season

He's hardly "prolific" - he has a 1 in 4 ratio.

Why do we deserve an "official explanation" as to why he is on the bench any more so than why is McGeady not playing or anyone else for that matter? Unless Martinez has to provide an explanation for every unused player then why should Mirallas be an exception?

This type of expectation regarding some players is what gives players like Mirallas their ego - that ego can be a problem for the team spirit.

Lets just hope he settles and gets some form as if he does he will play... unless you think Martinez has a vendetta that outweighs his ambition for the team to do well.

If we were drawing games 0-0 maybe. We're not though, only Man City have scored more goals than us.

Kev is a fan favourite for obvious reasons, but I honestly believe that if he had started every game, its unlikely that Rom would have scored 15.

If we were drawing games 0-0 maybe. We're not though, only Man City have scored more goals than us.

Kev is a fan favourite for obvious reasons, but I honestly believe that if he had started every game, its unlikely that Rom would have scored 15.

Next up Martinez will be expected to run his list of transfer targets past Super Kev,

I said that tongue in cheek but then remembered that Mirallas tried to tell wilmotts not to take Januzaj to the world cup...

Why do we deserve an "official explanation" as to why he is on the bench any more so than why is McGeady not playing or anyone else for that matter? Unless Martinez has to provide an explanation for every unused player then why should Mirallas be an exception?

This type of expectation regarding some players is what gives players like Mirallas their ego - that ego can be a problem for the team spirit.

Lets just hope he settles and gets some form as if he does he will play... unless you think Martinez has a vendetta that outweighs his ambition for the team to do well.

Seems to me that's exactly what some people think.

i wanted to agree to disagree but - you obviously don't -

please read my post again - english is my second language but you will see i said "our 2nd most prolific goal scorer " - 25 since 2012/13 - much better than anyone that was picked ahead of him - yes even much better than Barkley -

if you don't expect an explanation why a player of that caliber is not used while inferior ones like Uncle Osman and Kone are it is your choice to accept whatever the manager dishes up - i and many other fans are not so gullible and pleased with everything while my team is not performing as it should -

lack of information leads to speculation -

Are we as fans not entitled to demand that our manager picks his strongest team ?

If Liverpool leave a fit Sturridge on the bench for 13 games the fans would go crazy -

If you are entitled to say Martinez should not pick Kone i am equally entitled to say Martinez should pick Mirallas - his track record justifies our high expectations !!!

on this and other forums the pressure started building on Martinez to play Mirallas or sell him - maybe the pressure got too much who knows?

if you still believe Mirallas should "get some form " after his blistering performance against Chelsea - you obviously refuse to recognize his obvious talent - maybe you and mr Martinez wear the same glasses - his lack of celebration after the brilliant Mirallas goal raises more questions than answers-

Martinez has got no choice in this matter from now on - if he does not start Mirallas regularly his reputation is at stake for some fans at least

please read my post again - english is my second language but you will see i said "our 2nd most prolific goal scorer " - 25 since 2012/13 - much better than anyone that was picked ahead of him - yes even much better than Barkley -

if you don't expect an explanation why a player of that caliber is not used while inferior ones like Uncle Osman and Kone are it is your choice to accept whatever the manager dishes up - i and many other fans are not so gullible and pleased with everything while my team is not performing as it should -

Are we as fans not entitled to demand that our manager picks his strongest team ?

If Liverpool leave a fit Sturridge on the bench for 13 games the fans would go crazy -

If you are entitled to say Martinez should not pick Kone i am equally entitled to say Martinez should pick Mirallas - his track record justifies our high expectations !!!

on this and other forums the pressure started building on Martinez to play Mirallas or sell him - maybe the pressure got too much who knows?

if you still believe Mirallas should "get some form " after his blistering performance against Chelsea - you obviously refuse to recognize his obvious talent - maybe you and mr Martinez wear the same glasses - his lack of celebration after the brilliant Mirallas goal raises more questions than answers-

Martinez has got no choice in this matter from now on - if he does not start Mirallas regularly his reputation is at stake for some fans at least

I think it boils down to being able to see a player. Some people just can't

Oh please - stop it with the conspiracy theories "prolific" means producing in high numbers... Mirallas is a 1 in 4 goals to games player, that is not prolific. Its a decent return for a wide player, it hardly warrants special treatement.

People seem to forget he was given a game against Dagenham and Redbridge and he didn't exactly play like a world beater - non the less he got a start ahead of Kone who deserved dropping.

You have a clear love for him - thats fine. Just stop with the "he's being mistreated" nonsense. He is a player who has a serious lack of consistency, he doesn't play for the team at times and is sulky.

We are Everton F.C, not Mirallas, Lukaku, Stones, or Barkley F.C... they are employees of the club,

For the record has Daniel Sturridge ever been fit for 13 consecutive games and secondly why would he get dropped? Not that Liverpool would act small-time enough to justify such a decision. So why should we?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kevin-mirallas-feels-vindicated-biggest-10750733

as to this article - he has nothing to feel vindicated about... does he take to making staments to the press when he has a stinker, or robs the ball for a penno... one swallow doesn't make a summer Kev.... we look forward to you continuing your one game of form...

I think it was Romey who said.... Deulofeu frustrates but can produce at any moment so that's why you stick with him. The same goes for Mirallas. Except Mirallas has more end product in front of goal and is a much better finisher. Deulofeu & Mirallas should start every game from now till the end of the season "if" fit.

I think it boils down to being able to see a player. Some people just can't

There is not one person on this forum - I guarantee "NOT ONE PERSON" who will state that they do not think Mirallas is a good player who "should" be picked for every game.

The fact that he isn't lies with himself - a player of his talent should be able to leave the manager with no decision to make.

There is not one person on this forum - I guarantee "NOT ONE PERSON" who will state that they do not think Mirallas is a good player who "should" be picked for every game.

The fact that he isn't lies with himself - a player of his talent should be able to leave the manager with no decision to make.

Calm down. Stop getting on you're high horse over it. I don't think I've done Mirallas any favours on here because I've beat his stick far too often. But the fact is he's a very very dangerous talented player on his day. On par with Deulofeu.

I don't think he should start every game. Indeed, I don't believe any player should think they have that right. Our squad is a toolbox, and the manager should pick the right combination for the task in hand. Sometimes, someone with Mirallas' capabilities will be the perfect fit; at other times, other skills are needed. Every game should have a different strategy, because every opponent is different. And, I mentioned earlier, team dynamics is also important. Two players together may deliver more than each one alone. Filling out the team sheet is a LOT more than just picking the 11 players currently most popular with the fans - or even the same players every time.

I don't think he should start every game. Indeed, I don't believe any player should think they have that right. Our squad is a toolbox, and the manager should pick the right combination for the task in hand. Sometimes, someone with Mirallas' capabilities will be the perfect fit; at other times, other skills are needed. Every game should have a different strategy, because every opponent is different. And, I mentioned earlier, team dynamics is also important. Two players together may deliver more than each one alone. Filling out the team sheet is a LOT more than just picking the 11 players currently most popular with the fans - or even the same players every time.

An in form- focused mirallas should play every game - that isn't up for debate with me Steve.

The fact that he doesn't stay in form and focused is the breaker.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kevin-mirallas-feels-vindicated-biggest-10750733

as to this article - he has nothing to feel vindicated about... does he take to making staments to the press when he has a stinker, or robs the ball for a penno... one swallow doesn't make a summer Kev.... we look forward to you continuing your one game of form...

Absolutely nothing wrong with that article because he definitely should be getting more minutes and he is perfectly within his rights to knock on the managers door to ask why that not the case

Taking to Belgian media, the forward was asked about an impressive goal-scoring display on what was only his third Premier League start of the season.

Understandably he felt he had shown why he deserves more playing time.

"It's been said that I wanted to leave, I would have a bad attitude, but everyone has seen here that I've given everything," he is reported to have said.

"The important thing for me is that I have shown that I respect the club and this shirt regardless of my future.

"Today I have proven that I am a footballer who deserves to play, or at least one who should get more playing time. We'll see. I'll go and sit together with the coach to talk about my future."

Absolutely nothing wrong with that article because he definitely should be getting more minutes and he is perfectly within his rights to knock on the managers door to ask why that not the case

Taking to Belgian media, the forward was asked about an impressive goal-scoring display on what was only his third Premier League start of the season.

Understandably he felt he had shown why he deserves more playing time.

"It's been said that I wanted to leave, I would have a bad attitude, but everyone has seen here that I've given everything," he is reported to have said.

"The important thing for me is that I have shown that I respect the club and this shirt regardless of my future.

"Today I have proven that I am a footballer who deserves to play, or at least one who should get more playing time. We'll see. I'll go and sit together with the coach to talk about my future."

I'm not disputing the manner in which the interview was given... whether he was asked or whether he volunteered the information, why does it matter?

The fact remains in his limited appearances up til the Chelsea game he had done nothing to make us think he was being dropped without good reason. Did he take to stating his performances were good enough then? Because they simply haven't been good enough.

I'm not disputing the manner in which the interview was given... whether he was asked or whether he volunteered the information, why does it matter?

The fact remains in his limited appearances up til the Chelsea game he had done nothing to make us think he was being dropped without good reason. Did he take to stating his performances were good enough then? Because they simply haven't been good enough.

Because you made it sound like he was shouting it from the rooftops to anybody that would listen.

He was simply asked a question by a journalist and he answered it honestly so I cant see what is wrong with that, unless of cause players on your naughty list are not allowed to speak to the media

Because you made it sound like he was shouting it from the rooftops to anybody that would listen.

He was simply asked a question by a journalist and he answered it honestly so I cant see what is wrong with that, unless of cause players on your naughty list are not allowed to speak to the media

How did I make it sound that way??? Interested...

Edited by Hafnia

I think he's a great player but I think he should be moved on, he doesn't fit the system and his flashes of brilliance detract from the fact he doesn't fit the system*.

David Ginola 2.0

*Edit: He's not good enough to build a team around

Edited by Chach