IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

I think he's a great player but I think he should be moved on, he doesn't fit the system and his flashes of brilliance detract from the fact he doesn't fit the system*.

David Ginola 2.0

*Edit: He's not good enough to build a team around

This is contender for most clueless post if the year. Did you not watch the Chelsea game.

" does he take to making staments to the press when he has a stinker, or robs the ball for a penno"

He wasn't making any statements he was answering a question

a statement is.... "a definite or clear expression of something in speech or writing". It has nothing to do with whether its a repsponse to a question, its your interpretation that is wrong.

Just in addition to this - why does it matter if it was a response to a question??? As humans we are very good at knowing when you should tell the absolute truth and when you should be diplomatic - for some reason its ok for a few of our players to be very opinionated in the guise of being "honest" - Roy Keane was always very honest, it wasnt always the right thing to do for the team and to be fair it was never about him.

Its not like they are injected with some truth serum before the interview - fine line between honesty and diplomacy.

If Kev wants to make a claim for more playing time - then maybe he will have a better platform to do that after more than just 1 good performance, thats assuming he doesn't get dropped which will really ruin this conspiracy.

The reality is - a good performance is what gets you picked for the next game, not "words".

Edited by Hafnia

Guest rusty747

I have said it elsewhere and I'll say it again here.

Mirallas has talent and pace to spare but he needs to get his head right and realise that he is a part of a bigger thing and that the world doesn't revolve around him.

If he can do that, then we will have a real player on our hands again. I also think Mirallas would fit better into a 4-1-4-1 set up

Howard/Robles/Butland/Marshall

Coleman. Stones. Jags. Baines

McCarthy/Barry

Deulofeu. Barkley. Besic. Mirallas

Lukaku

To be fair to Roberto, when he plays Besic and Barry in a 4-2-3-1 Besic does seem to get forward a bit and it does become 4-1-4-1 when he does get forward.

Edited by rusty747

a statement is.... "a definite or clear expression of something in speech or writing". It has nothing to do with whether its a repsponse to a question, its your interpretation that is wrong.

Just in addition to this - why does it matter if it was a response to a question??? As humans we are very good at knowing when you should tell the absolute truth and when you should be diplomatic - for some reason its ok for a few of our players to be very opinionated in the guise of being "honest" - Roy Keane was always very honest, it wasnt always the right thing to do for the team and to be fair it was never about him.

Its not like they are injected with some truth serum before the interview - fine line between honesty and diplomacy.

If Kev wants to make a claim for more playing time - then maybe he will have a better platform to do that after more than just 1 good performance, thats assuming he doesn't get dropped which will really ruin this conspiracy.

The reality is - a good performance is what gets you picked for the next game, not "words".

So how do you think he should have responded to the question?

I totally agree that he needs to find consistency in his performances but he isn't going to do that sitting on the bench watching Kone meander through games nor is he going to do it in 3 minute cameos at the end of a game.I cant see what has offended you about "his statement"

This is contender for most clueless post if the year. Did you not watch the Chelsea game.

Yeah and while you were doing your whole "OMG AND THATS KEVIN MIRALLAS, HATERS GONE HATE" when he forced that save from Cech, I was thinking yeah, if he'd looked up he had Lukaku to the left and Lennon to the right and they would probably would have scored if he'd played one of them in.

Take your blinkers off, Mirallas is not the key to our success.

So how do you think he should have responded to the question?

I totally agree that he needs to find consistency in his performances but he isn't going to do that sitting on the bench watching Kone meander through games nor is he going to do it in 3 minute cameos at the end of a game.I cant see what has offended you about "his statement"

How do I think he should have responded?

Well based on what I think of his performances when he has had time on the pitch up till the Chelsea game I don't think he had any claims for minutes on the pitch. I personally do not think he has been anywhere near the level he can be both in attitude and performance.

So after 1 solid game where he scored a good goal - do I think he was a bit quick to stake a claim? Yeah I do.

So my response would have been something like:- "I felt good out there today and it showed in my performance, competition for places is strong so lets hope I have staked my claim and can show some form"

Yeah and while you were doing your whole "OMG AND THATS KEVIN MIRALLAS, HATERS GONE HATE" when he forced that save from Cech, I was thinking yeah, if he'd looked up he had Lukaku to the left and Lennon to the right and they would probably would have scored if he'd played one of them in.

Take your blinkers off, Mirallas is not the key to our success.

My statement remains.

It seems the Belgian press ask a lot of leading questions of their players, who aren't shy about speaking their minds. It often happens when they're together on international duty.

Remember how there were questions about Felliani and quotes from him and his dad every time he was away with the national team? Nowadays it's happening every time with Lukaku. Their media just seems to thrive on speculation about their national players and their futures.

Martinez response:

“I am a neutral person, I can assess every single training session and at the moment we have a very, very strong squad which means that you need to be at your best as a player in order to earn the right to play.

“That is the key for us becoming a team that can compete for everything that is in front of us.

“Kevin’s performance was outstanding and that is what you want from every member of our squad so I have got no problem whatsoever with that and football is the best judge and when Kevin is at his very, very best he showed just how important he is for us.”

10:49
MARTINEZ RULES OUT MIRALLAS SALE
Everton boss Roberto Martinez is speaking ahead of his side's clash with Swansea and he has revealed Kevin Mirallas will not be leaving the club after a string of good performances recently.
"Kevin Mirallas has always been a very important player for us. His performance last weekend was his best this season.
"We hope Kevin can carry on that form now until the end of the season. He won't be going anywhere."

a "string of good performances" he says - wow, how revealing - for three years already you know some of us have noticed that

' He won't be going anywhere " - he has not , at least this season so far - i hope he goes somewhere from now on - at least onto the pitch, otherwise he will remain a bench warmer -

it" was his best 90 minute "because it was his only 90 minutes this season -

maybe the penny has dropped for Martinez - yes we have one of the highest scoring wings in the PL doing bench duty diligently- while we have a toothless left side -

maybe, just maybe he can help us get out of the bottom half - otherwise our other good players might leave - so yes give him another chance - but remember, only one bad game and he is gone again , back to bench duty

a "string of good performances" he says - wow, how revealing - for three years already you know some of us have noticed that

' He won't be going anywhere " - he has not , at least this season so far - i hope he goes somewhere from now on - at least onto the pitch, otherwise he will remain a bench warmer -

it" was his best 90 minute "because it was his only 90 minutes this season -

maybe the penny has dropped for Martinez - yes we have one of the highest scoring wings in the PL doing bench duty diligently- while we have a toothless left side -

maybe, just maybe he can help us get out of the bottom half - otherwise our other good players might leave - so yes give him another chance - but remember, only one bad game and he is gone again , back to bench duty

Martinez did not say "a string of good perfromances" that was the press assumption - he said his last performance last weekend was the best of the season... and that he has always been an important player for us.

Mirallas got the start against Dag & Red and was very average against poor opposition - none the less got the start against Chelsea.

It's probably worth dropping the agenda for a bit. If Mirallas gets dropped for Swansea then I will have something to say - but lets call the dogs off just for now...

• 3 weeks later...

Threw his gloves at Martinez feet when he brought Osman on. Was warming up with Deulofeu, Gerry god the call. Mirallas went to sit back down. Martinez said no carry on warming up (indicating he was coming on too) 5 mins later Osman getting stripped. Mirallas walks back down from the touch line and throws gloves at Martinez feet.

He's getting made a mug of. Fair play Kevin l. The blokes a charlatan. Substitutions a disgrace once again! How the fuck can you take Lennon off in that game?

Hope he does.

Somethings going on and it's not good for us.

Be that a fall out with RM,

Looking bad in training,

Or a bad attitude.

Whatever it is, it isn't working here.

The only one with a bad attitude is Martinez. Blatantly shafted him today.... Witnessed with my own two eyes.

Something is definitely up. That game was crying out for Mirallas -- most of our games are now.

Martinez isn't being fair, and it's obvious a grudge is being held.

Let him go already.

Why do you give a new contract to someone you have a grudge against?

My opinion is that Roberto was trying to give a chance to a decent player who thinks he's something more special than he is; but his attitude has proved to be all wrong.

I'd get rid, let him take his ego elsewhere. He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is (apart from in Greece).

To be fair I've not been a fan of Kev but to play osman kone and Gerry before him is wrong.

The contract is so we can sell him and not let him walk away.

That's quite possible but why did he sign it rather than walking away for free and getting a huge wage elsewhere due to to no fee?

"Grudge" thing is a big red herring for me, he has moments but is not good enough. Mentally. OPINION (not FACT).