IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Thank you mr Martinez for forgiving Mirallas at last -

he has proven what we have been begging for for months now - we can claim that we told you so long ago -

hope he gets another chance -

but why is it forbidden to play Mirallas and Deulefeu at the same time

Because there a reasoning that both are too attacking. However the two sitters should be more than capable of covering wing backs and wide men, kev certainly works his socks off getting back. More so than Kone.

Because there a reasoning that both are too attacking. However the two sitters should be more than capable of covering wing backs and wide men, kev certainly works his socks off getting back. More so than Kone.

Kev and Gerry would need to play in a 4-3-3. Maybe Ross needs a rest, was a bit disappointed in him tonight.

That's what pisses me off most about this entire farce. For me Mirallas offers so much more than Kone going forward. I could possibly understand the decision if Kone was offering more protection to our left back but Mirallas is better doing that as well

Does anyone truly believe that mirallas has been dribbling past 4 players and smashing in worldies in training and Martinez thinks "nah, I don't like you so I will stick with someone not as good as you"

Ridiculous.

The lad has an attitude problem, it sticks out like a bulldogs bollocks and maybe it's took him a while to get his head right. Let's face it he hadn't done great in the cameos.... after all that was all that was needed to call kone a shit player up till this season.

Edited by Hafnia

Does anyone truly believe that mirallas has been dribbling past 4 players and smashing in worldies in training and Martinez thinks "nah, I don't like you so I will stick with someone not as good as you"

Ridiculous.

The lad has an attitude problem, it sticks out like a bulldogs bollocks and maybe it's took him a while to get his head right. Let's face it he hadn't done great in the cameos.... after all that was all that was needed to call kone a shit player up till this season.

Ferguson is a great example of a manager who got shut of people who he considered trouble makers. Martinez has handled this terribly. Not only has he potentially tried to ruin a very good footballers career he's also kept a "trouble maker" in and around the squad, teased fans and in all probability dropped points because he hasn't played his best side.

Ferguson is a great example of a manager who got shut of people who he considered trouble makers. Martinez has handled this terribly. Not only has he potentially tried to ruin a very good footballers career he's also kept a "trouble maker" in and around the squad, teased fans and in all probability dropped points because he hasn't played his best side.

I think Martinez used him well.

He tried to be the nice guy, eto and his henchmen took advantage. Martinez realised he needed to make his mark.

Essentially he put his head on a stake outside finch farm as a warning to any future traitors.

The thing to realise is that the likes of ferguson used "life coaches" and psychologists. Martinez no doubt uses them. A bloke comes into our place and has been used by a few top clubs.

The biggest challenge a manager has is instilling order among millionaires...

I do think it's dragged out but it will be the right end result. And Martinez will not suffer fools anymore.

It will all come to light in the next couple of years.

Indeed, one way or another, but the feeling remains that you'd have got rid of Ferguson and Kendall if you'd been around back then (and had any power) so your judgement is possibly suspect. Both of them were infinitely worse than Martinez is currently.

We'll revisit in 2018.

Indeed, one way or another, but the feeling remains that you'd have got rid of Ferguson and Kendall if you'd been around back then (and had any power) so your judgement is possibly suspect. Both of them were infinitely worse than Martinez is currently.

We'll revisit in 2018.

I'm not sure what Kendell had done previously. But Ferguson had won lots... Albeit in Scotland but I presume their leagues were stronger than they are now. He'd also been successful in Europe. He deserved time because he'd had more than one success at Aberdeen and he also didn't have form of relegating a side.

Using two successful managers as an argument is fine.... But there's been many many more who've fell majorly short and I believe he's in that bracket. 2018 it is... If he last that long? or if he miraculously turns it around and get us in the CL and wins a couple if cups I can be vaulted.

Mike has a point. Kendall has built a team that was very young. Southall, Stevens, steven, Ratcliffe, Bracewell, all under 24. Had some old heads in there and when they clicked it was awesome.

There is something similar going on but we have not got the leader. We had gray, sharpe and Reid who would sort things out.

If we get just one person like them on the pitch we will see a different mentality. Talent is there.

Our place in the league isn't under threat. Let the man have his 5 years. Stop wanting to be proved to right.

Edited by Hafnia

Mike has a point. Kendall has built a team that was very young. Southall, Stevens, steven, Ratcliffe, Bracewell, all under 24. Had some old heads in there and when they clicked it was awesome.

There is something similar going on but we have not got the leader. We had gray, sharpe and Reid who would sort things out.

If we get just one person like them on the pitch we will see a different mentality. Talent is there.

Our place in the league isn't under threat. Let the man have his 5 years. Stop wanting to be proved to right.

I'm not wanting to be proved right. I'm wanting the squad to stay together and to start competing at the right end of the table.

I'm not wanting to be proved right. I'm wanting the squad to stay together and to start competing at the right end of the table.

That for me is the issue (the squad staying together) people are calling for patience when the only ones who we need to be patient are the players. If we finish mid table again will they stay for another season?

Let's hope so, because I'm sure that's where we are going to finish.

What Mirallas did wrong apart from forcing to take the penalty , we do not really know -

That there was a major personal issue between Martinez and Mirallas was as clear as daylight to me -

The groin injury story is a smokescreen -

It is Martinez's duty to discipline Mirallas but is also his duty to motivate him at the same time -

how do you expect a grown up millionare to react when he is treated like a child ? we are not all Naismith's

if mutual trust have broken down they should part ways -

what upset me in the issue was the impression that Martinez was playing childish games with Mirallas by publicly humiliating him eg giving him 3 minutes of game time against Swansea , not playing him at all and playing Uncle Osman and Uncle Pienaar and Kone ahead of him for half a season -

For the sake of Everton i hope these 2 let bygones be bygones now and they both start acting in the interest of Everton only

If he doesn't start against Swansea then we'll know without a doubt that something is wrong between the pair.

I think he will.

His supposed favourite Kone played like he wasn't arsed and dropped therefore Mirallas got his chance.

People were going OTT in their criticism of kone as they wanted mirallas played.

He's earned his place now so let's see.

Bit extreme saying 'publicly humiliating him', isn't it?!

Mourino did the same to Costa - made him warm up and then sent him back to the bench and sent someone inferior on -

that is why Costa chucked his bib at Mourino - and who was loser in the end?

Untill yesterday Martinez was walking the same thin line with Mirallas -

did you notice the lack of celebration by Martinez when Mirallas scored ? i found that unusual

my point is top players perceive treatment like that as public humiliation - because it is done with a purpose - and i agree - you do not have o treat adult men like that - the public is not all stupid - and some of us notice it

it is a common example of child psycology where a child being too forward is brought down to earth by in public selecting someone obviously inferior to do the job ahead of him -

i have seen it done a couple of times and do not agree with it at all - it leads to hard feelings -

hopefully Martinez and Mirallas have learnt a few hard lessons now because Martinez will have nowhere to hide after Mirallas's performance yesterday if he is left out again

Mourino did the same to Costa - made him warm up and then sent him back to the bench and sent someone inferior on -

that is why Costa chucked his bib at Mourino - and who was loser in the end?

Untill yesterday Martinez was walking the same thin line with Mirallas -

did you notice the lack of celebration by Martinez when Mirallas scored ? i found that unusual

my point is top players perceive treatment like that as public humiliation - because it is done with a purpose - and i agree - you do not have o treat adult men like that - the public is not all stupid - and some of us notice it

it is a common example of child psycology where a child being too forward is brought down to earth by in public selecting someone obviously inferior to do the job ahead of him -

i have seen it done a couple of times and do not agree with it at all - it leads to hard feelings -

hopefully Martinez and Mirallas have learnt a few hard lessons now because Martinez will have nowhere to hide after Mirallas's performance yesterday if he is left out again

I agree with what your saying in terms of how this behaviour would be detrimental but you've not given anything substantial to show how Martinez has done this with Mirrallas?

You mention something about Mourinho doing this sub thing with Costa. Has at any point Martinez sent Mirrallas out to warm up alone then put someone else on instead? If not, then it seems irrelevant. Same goes for the child thing.

Does Martinez celebrate every goal emphatically? But he just didn't for the Mirrallas goal alone? If not, then it's just another theory without substance.

I respect opinions but I find it hard not to question these theories being sold off as fact without questioning them. I mean not to piss anyone off, it's just the way I am. I manage people myself (believe it or not...haha!!!), and if I acted on everything I was told...I'd have no team left!!! Do you know what I mean?

It's as simple as this...

Eto came in and caused shit. He tried to create a fucking mutiny and mirallas was his bitch as was Pienaar to a lesser extent. He tried to manage the team and confronted the manager with the players.

The camp was divided and Martinez had to get rid of eto. He managed to do this and that was when mirallas took the pen off baines. And then it all continued.

Martinez till this had been a nice guy.

For me he had to make his mark and he did this. The club would have had consultants in coaching Martinez as to how to handle the situation.

Mirallas is now under no doubt as to what is expected of him and how to behave.

Martinez position among the players has been strengthened without doubt.

Eto came in and caused shit. He tried to create a fucking mutiny and mirallas was his bitch as was Pienaar to a lesser extent. He tried to manage the team and confronted the manager with the players.

The camp was divided and Martinez had to get rid of eto. He managed to do this and that was when mirallas took the pen off baines. And then it all continued.

For me he had to make his mark and he did this. The club would have had consultants in coaching Martinez as to how to handle the situation.

Thing is Haf, wasn't all this mutiny stuff just whispers as well? There's never been a whiff of a mutiny other than on forums. Eto was very respectful towards Martinez when he left and thanked him for helping him settle etc. Likewise, Martinez thanked Eto.

There could be a tonne of reasons why Mirallas hasn't been picked. But throughout it all, you look at how the players celebrate, it's a united squad.

I just don't get where all this comes from. Martinez is accused of mismanagement because Mirrallas isn't getting picked every game, yet if Martinez then allowed 'other' things to interfere with the team spirit, he'd also be accused of mismanagement. Crazy crazy.

Its not hard to understand. One of the best players in the squad hasn't been playing. There's always going to be questions as to "why". This isn't a squad player. Its a first team regular who was a major influence in everything we had done previous to his absence.

There has quite evidently been some sort of fall out. The way other players have been chosen in front if him, his lack of minutes I.e being brought on at 89 minutes... This guy isn't a mug he's one of the best players at the club.

It is a united squad now, but it wasn't back then. All the information and gossip coming from the club were of a clique being formed around Eto.

Eto was respectful to Martinez when he left because Martinez did not throw his toys out of the pram, he simply sorted a move away from Goodison that suited both Eto and Everton.

Martinez was strong and decisive, removing Eto and letting Mirallas know what would not be tolerated and what was expected of him.

To be fair to Mirallas, he signed a new contract and has got his head down and worked and got his chance in the last couple of matches.

I think this is an evolving squad, and now Lennon and Mirallas have played themselves into the managers plans, and the team has proved we can work with two wingers means we can use Kone as an impact sub.

With the options we have in midfield now, if we can just stop conceding late goals, and get cover for Lukaku we could really tear up the league.

It is a united squad now, but it wasn't back then. All the information and gossip coming from the club were of a clique being formed around Eto.

Eto was respectful to Martinez when he left because Martinez did not throw his toys out of the pram, he simply sorted a move away from Goodison that suited both Eto and Everton.

Martinez was strong and decisive, removing Eto and letting Mirallas know what would not be tolerated and what was expected of him.

To be fair to Mirallas, he signed a new contract and has got his head down and worked and got his chance in the last couple of matches.

I think this is an evolving squad, and now Lennon and Mirallas have played themselves into the managers plans, and the team has proved we can work with two wingers means we can use Kone as an impact sub.

With the options we have in midfield now, if we can just stop conceding late goals, and get cover for Lukaku we could really tear up the league.

That all sounds great but we'll have to see if Martinez sticks to the principles and plays the in form players. If I was to put a bet on it.. Mirallas will slowly be wormed out the team to accommodate Cleverley & Kone.

Where did you hear all of this?