IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Its not hard to understand. One of the best players in the squad hasn't been playing. There's always going to be questions as to "why". This isn't a squad player. Its a first team regular who was a major influence in everything we had done previous to his absence.

There has quite evidently been some sort of fall out. The way other players have been chosen in front if him, his lack of minutes I.e being brought on at 89 minutes... This guy isn't a mug he's one of the best players at the club.

So we know you're a big fan of Mirrallas, so in your view, and this is a genuine question, why do you feel Mirrallas has gone from being a 32 league game regular in Martinez first season, 29 league games in his 2nd season...to where he has been up to now in this season?

So we know you're a big fan of Mirrallas, so in your view, and this is a genuine question, why do you feel Mirrallas has gone from being a 32 league game regular in Martinez first season, 29 league games in his 2nd season...to where he has been up to now in this season?

Most likely because Mirallas has questioned Martinez tactics/ability in some form. I mean it took the whole squad to pull Martinez to play more direct. Around the WB penalty incident we were playing terrible football and not getting results.

Most likely because Mirallas has questioned Martinez tactics/ability in some form. I mean it took the whole squad to pull Martinez to play more direct. Around the WB penalty incident we were playing terrible football and not getting results.

Yeah. So you reckon that the whole squad pulled Martinez up on his playing style/tactics etc but Mirrallas has been made to 'pay' for expressing his views?

Well, there's certainly no leaks out of Goodison Park. Because I can't find any info at all!!!

Yeah. So you reckon that the whole squad pulled Martinez up on his playing style/tactics etc but Mirrallas has been made to 'pay' for expressing his views?

Well, there's certainly no leaks out of Goodison Park. Because I can't find any info at all!!!

It's common knowledge the whole squad had a meeting with him and asked to play more direct. Lukaku certainly said that in an interview and (i think) also Jagielka. That's not even questionable. Maybe the whole Mirallas thing came about from the WB penalty, maybe a few home truths had been said in a showdown. All maybes but the squad certainly asked to play a different way.

There's a lot of bullshit stories about the 'mutiny'.......but what ever happend to change the style of play Martinez served up last season we need to be grateful.If Mirallas made a stand along with other members of the squad fair play to him.

Most fans wouldn't have accepted another season of the tepid boring football.

A mate of mine has a photo of the Eto incident, Eto is pictured throwing Dunc's and Rino out of the changing room........honest !

Maybe it all started around the penalty incident?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/20/everton-kevin-mirallas-mutiny-penalty-problem

Then not long after that, Mirrallas is saying this....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/05/kevin-mirallas-everton-new-challenge-new-season

Then come May, he says this...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/15/kevin-mirallas-everton

Then of course in August...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/07/everton-kevin-mirallas-new-contract

I mean, I can't keep up here! Is there really a problem or is it just football?!

That all sounds great but we'll have to see if Martinez sticks to the principles and plays the in form players. If I was to put a bet on it.. Mirallas will slowly be wormed out the team to accommodate Cleverley & Kone.

Kone is 32 and has 1 maybe 2 seasons in him at most, and most of that is going to be either from the bench or playing 1 game in 2 or 3.

Cleverley will be an important player as he drives the ball forward and along with Besic gives us a real dynamism.

Mirallas is a match winner, and we wont let him go unless we have to.

It's common knowledge the whole squad had a meeting with him and asked to play more direct. Lukaku certainly said that in an interview and (i think) also Jagielka. That's not even questionable. Maybe the whole Mirallas thing came about from the WB penalty, maybe a few home truths had been said in a showdown. All maybes but the squad certainly asked to play a different way.

Yep, I remember Lukaku saying that. Teams have these meetings all the time. Players get to have an input in team affairs, it's no biggie. But then, why is only Mirallas made to suffer?

Keep up. He quite clearly says he's always wanted to be here in all three "reports". It's certainly not just football related as he's easily one of the better players.

So you reckon it's just that he questioned Martinez, and that's it? But that must have been after August, because he got a new contract in August. If Martinez was unhappy with him before hand, no new contract surely? So Mirallas signs a new contract, states that he's happy to be here...then questions Martinez and gets dropped as punishment? Or, he questions him last season, gets a new contract, says he's happy, then gets dropped for what?!!!

Yep, I remember Lukaku saying that. Teams have these meetings all the time. Players get to have an input in team affairs, it's no biggie. But then, why is only Mirallas made to suffer?

What avenue are you exploring here? Nobody's said Mirallas was punished because of that meeting. What we're doing is asking "why"? The one of the best players isn't playing.... What reason... All since that penalty.... Do you think there was nothing said after that game? He was substituted straight away.... Didn't come back out.... Maybe that's when there was a showdown.

You answer the question now. Why has one if our best players been sitting on the bench behind Kone, Cleverley and most recently Osman? Why has he been an unused substitute when we've been looking for a goal? When he's the second most prolific goalscorer in the squad?

Time for you to answer the questions.... Just football? That explains a lot.

What avenue are you exploring here? Nobody's said Mirallas was punished because of that meeting. What we're doing is asking "why"? The one of the best players isn't playing.... What reason... All since that penalty.... Do you think there was nothing said after that game? He was substituted straight away.... Didn't come back out.... Maybe that's when there was a showdown.

You answer the question now. Why has one if our best players been sitting on the bench behind Kone, Cleverley and most recently Osman? Why has he been an unused substitute when we've been looking for a goal? When he's the second most prolific goalscorer in the squad?

But I don't know the answers?! That's why I'm asking questions!!!

You guys are saying there is definately an issue between Martinez and Mirallas. You've been very vocal about it. So I thought you might have some specific answers.

Anyway, I'll leave it there before it all turns into a rant.

Hopefully, he gets a run of games now and can play a key role for us like he did in those first 2 seasons.

But I don't know the answers?! That's why I'm asking questions!!!

You guys are saying there is definately an issue between Martinez and Mirallas. You've been very vocal about it. So I thought you might have some specific answers.

Anyway, I'll leave it there before it all turns into a rant.

Hopefully, he gets a run of games now and can play a key role for us like he did in those first 2 seasons.

I think enough circumstantial evidence has been given by Martinez himself. He hasn't played one of our better players enough. That alone speaks volumes. Edited by MC11

Thing is Haf, wasn't all this mutiny stuff just whispers as well? There's never been a whiff of a mutiny other than on forums. Eto was very respectful towards Martinez when he left and thanked him for helping him settle etc. Likewise, Martinez thanked Eto.

There could be a tonne of reasons why Mirallas hasn't been picked. But throughout it all, you look at how the players celebrate, it's a united squad.

I just don't get where all this comes from. Martinez is accused of mismanagement because Mirrallas isn't getting picked every game, yet if Martinez then allowed 'other' things to interfere with the team spirit, he'd also be accused of mismanagement. Crazy crazy.

I spoke to someone who actually works at finch farm. It happened.

I have watched every minute of Mirralas when he has been given a chance..be it 3 mo s or 10.

He's been very poor all year.

If he was anything like that in training then he didn't deserve to be picked.

I'm a great believer in picking players to how they perform on the pitch and in training. Don't agree with picking Players on reputation at all.

His performance Saturday was night and day difference. Now he's earnt his spot.

If he doesn't play against Swansea then there must be more to it.

I have watched every minute of Mirralas when he has been given a chance..be it 3 mo s or 10.

He's been very poor all year.

If he was anything like that in training then he didn't deserve to be picked.

I'm a great believer in picking players to how they perform on the pitch and in training. Don't agree with picking Players on reputation at all.

His performance Saturday was night and day difference. Now he's earnt his spot.

If he doesn't play against Swansea then there must be more to it.

See, that's just Football!!!

We are still waiting on a credible explanation why Mirallas got an obvious cold shoulder from Martinez for the first half of the season -

first time he gets 90 min he is man of the match on some polls -

Mirallas has now cracked Martinez's spell over him -

Martinez's lack of normal celebration after the Mirallas goal must be seen in context i suppose -

Martinez has nowhere to hide on this issue now -

i predict that Mirallas will from now on in get his fair chance since he has served his dues and obliterated all other excuses for benching him with a blistering performance against Chelsea of all teams -

i hope we have seen the end of this sad and silly saga now and can move on

We are still waiting on a credible explanation why Mirallas got an obvious cold shoulder from Martinez for the first half of the season -

first time he gets 90 min he is man of the match on some polls -

Mirallas has now cracked Martinez's spell over him -

Martinez's lack of normal celebration after the Mirallas goal must be seen in context i suppose -

Martinez has nowhere to hide on this issue now -

i predict that Mirallas will from now on in get his fair chance since he has served his dues and obliterated all other excuses for benching him with a blistering performance against Chelsea of all teams -

i hope we have seen the end of this sad and silly saga now and can move on

Credible? It's fucking football... I watched brendan Rodgers blow sunshine up Gerrards arse on sky sports earlier.... he couldn't stand Gerrard and vice versa.... how do I know that? Well guess what, it doesn't matter, if you don't believe it then piece the bits together.

It's a very political sport, and until the day that all the biographies are out then you need to mix what you know with what you have been told by who you trust.

An obvious cold shoulder? Hang on. Ignoring the rest of what you say...an obvious cold shoulder?

He started the first game of the season. Came off @ 76 due to injury. Missed a couple of games due to injury.

On return from injury, he plays 45 against Spurs. We draw. He's unused against Chelsea, we won. He comes on for a few minutes against Swansea, gets sent off. We draw. Misses 3 games through suspension.

So he's back for the 10th game vs Arsenal. So far, out of 9 games, he's been unavailable for 5.

And so on. He makes some sub appearances. Plays in cup games. But, through just bad luck or whatever, he had a stop - start start to the season, so he's been playing catch up. And his performances did reflect that.

Now he's had some games, his sharpness is coming back, and he's looking much better.

And I think we'll see him more from now on. And he'll do a good job, and help us out a lot more.

Admittedly, Martinez may have stuck with Kone a game or 2 too many.

I mean, has Lennon been a naughty boy too? He has featured a lot less but was quickly a fan favourite during his loan last season.

An obvious cold shoulder? Hang on. Ignoring the rest of what you say...an obvious cold shoulder?

He started the first game of the season. Came off @ 76 due to injury. Missed a couple of games due to injury.

On return from injury, he plays 45 against Spurs. We draw. He's unused against Chelsea, we won. He comes on for a few minutes against Swansea, gets sent off. We draw. Misses 3 games through suspension.

So he's back for the 10th game vs Arsenal. So far, out of 9 games, he's been unavailable for 5.

And so on. He makes some sub appearances. Plays in cup games. But, through just bad luck or whatever, he had a stop - start start to the season, so he's been playing catch up. And his performances did reflect that.

Now he's had some games, his sharpness is coming back, and he's looking much better.

And I think we'll see him more from now on. And he'll do a good job, and help us out a lot more.

I mean, has Lennon been a naughty boy too? He has featured a lot less but was quickly a fan favourite during his loan last season.

That's just common sense...no place for that here.

There could be a tonne of reasons why Mirallas hasn't been picked.

Martinez demanding half a kilogram of flesh? ;)

As you rightly point out, it's all speculation. We really have no idea, but it makes for animated discussions about management psychology and some interesting conspiracy theories. All that matters, as far as I am concerned, is that Mirallas' attitude appears to have improved, and that will help his performances, too.

Edited by Cornish Steve

So many holes to pick at in this post:

Firstly the first 10 games are so descriptive... After that you just give vague numbers....not suiting you point?

Not sure where you got the figure 9 from after the first 10 games. We've actually played 22 league games this season not 19.

Unavailable for 5 of the "9" you say.....By unavailable for I presume you mean injured? Since his return from suspension he's had 1 injury according to Martinez that was when he was dropped from the squad after Newcastle. So he's certainly not been unavailable for 5 games since the red card.

His performances have reflected someone who hasn't been used no more no less.

Lennon is a completely different kettle of fish. He's competing with Deulofeu for that wide right spot and he's not as good as Mirallas or Deulofeu. That's expected and that why nobody's been calling for him.

The left hand side has seen Cleverley, Kone and Osman start ahead of Mirallas. None if them are natural wide players. They can fill in there and do a job.... But seriously starting ahead of someone of Mirallas calibre?

The thing here is that this isn't a confined concern to this forum.... It's being mentioned across all forums.... "Why isn't a Mirallas playing"

The media keep asking about Mirallas... Which Martinez will then waffle and bring up injuries and suspensions from 12 games ago.

Nothing wrong here Newty.

Common sense would be reading the post and counting his figures.

Why?

Wouldn't that be investigating the facts?

I Men you didn't did you. You just denied everything he said without putting him right, so why should I?

MC you ate way to obsessed with Mirralas. He hadn't been that good when he jas come on

Does he really need starts to play? Doesn't he have the ability to come on and make an impact?

Does he deserve special treatment?

Fact is even when given a chance he has mostly looked an average player at best.

If he plays well for the rest if the season I suppose That will be nothing down to the manager?

I mean does Roberto get any credit for picking him yesterday? Course not.

Mirralas the Consummate professional.

His manager lies about him having injuries and what does he do....he doesn't breathe a single word refuting it. What a professional...outstanding.

Unless of course it was true.

Why?

Wouldn't that be investigating the facts?

I Men you didn't did you. You just denied everything he said without putting him right, so why should I?

MC you ate way to obsessed with Mirralas. He hadn't been that good when he jas come on

Does he really need starts to play? Doesn't he have the ability to come on and make an impact?

Does he deserve special treatment?

Fact is even when given a chance he has mostly looked an average player at best.

If he plays well for the rest if the season I suppose That will be nothing down to the manager?

I mean does Roberto get any credit for picking him yesterday? Course not.

Mirralas the Consummate professional.

His manager lies about him having injuries and what does he do....he doesn't breathe a single word refuting it. What a professional...outstanding.

Unless of course it was true.

You need to read above. I've put him right. His numbers are clearly not facts.

In terms of lying about injuries?? When? He was injured at the start of the season and after the Newcastle game for one match... He was back in the squad for Stoke.... Newty has got 5 games since Arsenal from somewhere? Wrong.

Common sense would be reading the post and counting his figures.

Exactly. READ the post. You have got the numbers wrong you absolute (insert what you please). Go and read it again....and then again...and again...until you work out what it means. I know you struggle with logic, but C'mon! So he returns for the 10th game...what comes before 10? Oh, 9! So out of those 9 games, he's been injured for 2 and suspended for 3. What does that equal? 5. You keeping up here? Or should we use pretty little pictures?

Therefore, at a time when his team mates are now up and running, (and by the way, at this point, the results arent too shabby) and well up to match speed, he pretty much has to start again and catch up. So now he is up to speed, he gets a chance. Hopefully, he'll maintain it.

The reason why I didn't go into detail following this are the first few games include a 4-0 vs Villa and a 6-2 against Sunderland...the results still weren't too shabby. But he was now getting game time bit by bit.

You also have to remember what my post was in response to in order to keep some perspective.

You need to read above. I've put him right. His numbers are clearly not facts.

In terms of lying about injuries?? When? He was injured at the start of the season and after the Newcastle game for one match... He was back in the squad for Stoke.... Newty has got 5 games since Arsenal from somewhere? Wrong.

Hahaha...read it again!! Honestly...you still amaze me!!!

Exactly. READ the post. You have got the numbers wrong you absolute (insert what you please). Go and read it again....and then again...and again...until you work out what it means. I know you struggle with logic, but C'mon! So he returns for the 10th game...what comes before 10? Oh, 9! So out of those 9 games, he's been injured for 2 and suspended for 3. What does that equal? 5. You keeping up here? Or should we use pretty little pictures?

Therefore, at a time when his team mates are now up and running, (and by the way, at this point, the results arent too shabby) and well up to match speed, he pretty much has to start again and catch up. So now he is up to speed, he gets a chance. Hopefully, he'll maintain it.

The reason why I didn't go into detail following this are the first few games include a 4-0 vs Villa and a 6-2 against Sunderland...the results still weren't too shabby. But he was now getting game time bit by bit.

You also have to remember what my post was in response to in order to keep some perspective.

Ah I see it now all muddled up in those figures. We're still completely disregarding the 13 games since suspension though. Nope not a peep at those.