IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

I agree in principle.

But in reality, I agree with Matt.

So if a player has 'dived' and the ref knows it, what happens if there's no initial punishment? Does he award the freekick to the diving players team for the tackle? Does he award the FK to the opposing team? Does a repeat offender continue to get away with it, if there's no punishment, if so the game would be littered with controversy?

I think they have to card them. But i'd like retrospective action to add further 'game bans'. So their actions cause more harm to the team in the long run.

Dive once (successfully con the ref) - 1 game ban.

Dive twice (consecutive games or over 2 legged cup games) - 3 game ban.

Dive 3 times (consecutive games or in a single game) - 5 game ban, fine for parent club.

All in addition to the yellow they'll still receive.

What do the players care? They get paid to sit on the bench instead of being paid to play. Players make the decision to dive, not teams. Moreover, the wealthy teams have deep squads that allow them to absorb a one or two game player ban, so it will make little difference. What about fining players a week's salary if it's determined, on review, that they really did dive? That would stop the practice in an instant.

• 1 month later...

Fact is he's played anyone but Mirallas this season. How dispondant would you feel seeing Kone start ahead of you most games? Even discounting the fact he's shite, he is playing out of position there, same with Cleverley and all the other players he has tried there when he has a natural player rotting on the bench.

Shocking management of a player.

Fact is he's played anyone but Mirallas this season. How dispondant would you feel seeing Kone start ahead of you most games? Even discounting the fact he's shite, he is playing out of position there, same with Cleverley and all the other players he has tried there when he has a natural player rotting on the bench.

Shocking management of a player.

Yeap

What I don't get is, why? Why bench Mirallas for most of the season when he's one of our best players? OK, so he has an attitude. He's still better than Kone.

Martinez bought Kone and has always even at Wigan favoured him. Cleverly also played for him at Wigan and he signed both Moyes signed Mirrallas. Add to that Martinez has just as big an attitude problem and doesn't like Mirrallas (obviously some kind of fall out somewhere probably Mirrallas asking why that shit is starting ahead of him) and I think you've probably got your answer!

What I don't get is, why? Why bench Mirallas for most of the season when he's one of our best players? OK, so he has an attitude. He's still better than Kone.

Because he's fell out with him so he put his personal grudges before the good of the team

Which is fucking stupid (Bob letting his personal prejudices get in the way, not you returning). He didn't ditch Baines after all that crap about the team lacking chemistry, he shouldn't have done it with Mirallas. Even if Mirallas is a pain in the arse at times, he's still one of our best players and he deserves a spot in the squad more than Kone, who is adequate at best. Look at how well he performed for us last season.

As I said elsewhere, I'd love to know what went down between Martinez and Mirallas. I'm getting some major Sylvain Distin vibes. I hope Kev doesn't go the way of the horny Frenchman though. If he just calmed down a bit, he'd be fine.

Edited by Kankurette

Lets not forget Kone was playing very well at the start of the season. I like Mirallas, but I think the idea of how good he can be has begun to outweigh his actual contribution on the pitch. I'm hoping a new manager can either sell him for good money or get some consistency out of him.

Agree here.

He can be amazing in small spells. But he can be dismal for bigger spells.

Used to be my favourite player, now I'm just not sure I can trust him.

A new manager might get through to him.

Lets not forget Kone was playing very well at the start of the season. I like Mirallas, but I think the idea of how good he can be has begun to outweigh his actual contribution on the pitch. I'm hoping a new manager can either sell him for good money or get some consistency out of him.

dont go bringing long term memory and logic into this, we just want to forget and wish! Edited by Matt

My problem with him is he is a luxury.

Before he scored against Leicester I was thinking.... Here we go again, another chance and nothing to show...then he showed announce of effort, gets a break and scores.

So frustrating. It's like cares more about his spat with Martinez than the fans he played for.

Though to give him credit, he doesn't talk about it does he. He keeps what's happened quiet.

The Martinez / Mirallas affair that went sour spoilt the broth for Everton. In my opinion Martinez made the same mistake as Mourinho made with Costa -

lesson: never treat a naughty professional footballer like a naughty child - they probably earn more than you do.

Found out today off an ex liverpool player that after the penalty incident against WBA it caused such shit that punches were thrown in dressing room. Things came to a head.

I still don't get why he signed a contract.

Who was the ex-Liverpool player?