IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Half the problem is that he believes he's great. He needs to demonstrate the temperament needed to back that up that claim.

i fully understand his temperament this season. Yet another example of RM getting the worst out of potentially excellent players

Which he did during his first season. Then, for whatever reason, that relationship broke down.

Good timing :P

I'm convinced that the success of his first season, which he was treating as an interim between the Moyes style football and what he eventually wanted (the boring-as-fuck tiki taka bullshit we saw in seasons 2 and 3), gave him more confidence than he deserved, and his over-confidence (coupled with his apparent blind arrogance) made him push his players into something that wasn't natural to them too quickly.

It'll be interesting to see how RK implements his strategies

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/kevin-mirallas-set-leave-everton/

He said: It was only last year. It really wasnt going well. Kevin and him (Martinez) didnt get along anymore.

The club stopped him from changing club, and thats when the relationship completely changed. Something broke. Martinez wasnt very tolerating. Either youre with him or youve got a problem.

Edited by MC11

Funny MC, you and I were banging on about this for months and certain members swore up and down nothing happened because there wasn't any proof. Well lookie here

You were indeed banging on about it but I don't remember anyone saying nothing had happened, just that there was no proof of it, which there wasn't. There still isn't. Kev's dad's take on things doesn't equate to fact, it's Kev's dad's opinion. Roberto would have a different one no doubt, but that also is no proof one way or the other.

It's admissible evidence, but it's by no means definitive m'lud. Jury still out.

It will be interesting to see if Mirrallas has a storming season whether or not Martinez picks him for Belgium!

I always thought they had fallen out (if they had) and it kinda showed in team selection and Mirrallas' performances pity really (if true) you would hope your teams manager would put the team first not a personal gripe.

It will be interesting to see if Mirrallas has a storming season whether or not Martinez picks him for Belgium!

I always thought they had fallen out (if they had) and it kinda showed in team selection and Mirrallas' performances pity really (if true) you would hope your teams manager would put the team first not a personal gripe.

Equally you'd hope the player would put the team ahead of a personal gripe.

Don't think he'd stand much of a chance of making the team, regardless of who's manager.

I think lately the pecking order for attacking midfield/wing attackers was:

1. Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne (guaranteed)

3. Dries Mertens

4. Yannick Carrasco

(at this point Wilmots would rather throw in Origi on the wing or change system)

5. Nacer Chadli (former darling of Wilmots, not sure what happened cause he's better now than he used to be)

6. Kevin Mirallas

7. Adnan Januzaj

I think lately the pecking order for attacking midfield/wing attackers was:

1. Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne (guaranteed)

3. Dries Mertens

4. Yannick Carrasco

(at this point Wilmots would rather throw in Origi on the wing or change system)

5. Nacer Chadli (former darling of Wilmots, not sure what happened cause he's better now than he used to be)

6. Kevin Mirallas

7. Adnan Januzaj

Unless Hazard, De Bruyne, Mertens, Carrasco and Origi are injured, they are all but guaranteed to be above Mirallas in the pecking order in the future as well imo. While there's a possibility of Mirallas having a better season than Chadli (due to Chadli having stronger competition for a starting spot at his club), I think Chadli is a better player than Mirallas as well. And if they do need to add another winger to the squad, I think it's becoming more likely that they'd give Musonda a chance rather than recall Mirallas.

Not sure what to make under Mirallas under Koeman during preseason. He looked lively in those first couple of games but then looked out of sorts since... pretty much like his whole Everton career.

Hard to judge really in pre season, not played full games. Looked lively against UTD. Im hoping for a big season from him.

He'd better he's in my fantasy team.

I thought about it, and then had a quiet word with myself!

Plus I already put Funes Mori, Deuofeu and Baines in there.

Mori will score some goals, Deulofeu will score and assist and Baines I think will be set for a blinder of a season!

First season in 3 I havent put Rom up front too.

• 2 weeks later...

I know its still (relatively) early, but KM looks like a new player, or at least the player we all know he can be. I always knew he was talented, but the past two years have been downright bizarre to say the least. I think RK has already made a big difference to his spirit and energy, and i think its only gonna get better. I mean butter. No, I mean better.