IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

I know its still (relatively) early, but KM looks like a new player, or at least the player we all know he can be. I always knew he was talented, but the past two years have been downright bizarre to say the least. I think RK has already made a big difference to his spirit and energy, and i think its only gonna get better. I mean butter. No, I mean better.

Kev needs to be loved and made to feel like he's important, then he's happy and when he's happy he plays very well. He's got those things at the moment and it's clear he's enjoying himself again. We should reap the benefits of that because there's no doubt that then when he's on it he's a match winner.

^ True.

Its almost liked we signed a new player. I REALLY hope he keeps this fighting spirit up and shows consistency - if he does - I think he is going to be a major contributor to this side again.

Ross on the other hand needs to get with the program, although that's a subject for a different thread I know.

^ True.

Its almost liked we signed a new player. I REALLY hope he keeps this fighting spirit up and shows consistency - if he does - I think he is going to be a major contributor to this side again.

Ross on the other hand needs to get with the program, although that's a subject for a different thread I know.

I'm not worried about Ross. I think he's had a steady start under Koeman but it's a big change for him and he's going to take time to feel comfortable. He's gone from being left to do whatever he wants to having a proper role, and he'll take time to adjust to that. I'm excited about the player he could be under Koeman though, very excited. He has the tools and now he should have the instructions for how to go about applying them.

We will see how song it lasts with Mirallas. With Bolasie, Lennon, Gerry and the new guy competing for two spots I can see him getting a sulk on again!

Doubt it mate he's started last two games and it was Deulofeu subbed for Bolasie. Kev is evidently fighting for the shirt. He's working hard that's all he can do but Koeman is obviously willing to give him a chance to prove himself unlike Roberto

6 kilos? that's is a ridiculous amount of weight for a lad who is already slight to lose. There will be muscle mass lost with that otherwise he would have had to have had body fat in the 20%'s

I said last year that I noticed Ross, Rom, Gerry and even Baines looked bulky/bloated.

Ross looks a bit slimmer - Lukaku needs a few weeks as does Gerry but Baines looks fitter than ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say in terms of output he's one of the more consistent wingers in the league.

The rest must be desperately inconsistent then.

I like Kev, I think he's a very good player, my issues have always surrounded his impact in games.

I don't even think it's to do with him being bothered or not, just certain games suit him more and 'things' can happen in one game, that don't in others. Not sure whether he needs to adapt his styles based on the opposition? I have no idea. It's the games that drift by which disappoint because they're usually big games on the back of some good form.

That's true for when he turns up. It's just 50/50 whether you get the great Mirallas or the ghost one.

To be fair to him though, he needs a consistent run out and away from injuries and crap managers. Then we might see him as a more consistent player, hard to judge him considering he's only up to 100 appearances for us (if he plays tonight)

Play him central.

Allows him more freedom to use his creative mind to find space. More of a free role rather than restricting him to a wing.

He's better suited in that hole.

I've genuinely always thought he'd be better employed as a kind of shadow striker. I'm sure he was at olymipiacos wasn't he?