IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

In that statement you forgot to mention Lukaku.

Oh oh I've gone and done it now haven't I.

Nah, you're alright Bill, we are all aware of his 'patches'.

That's my only concern with our team, we have a lot of 'confidence' players, who need it to truly shine. They're not on a level consistency, it's either a 4/10 or a 10/10. Sometimes a team needs a solid 7/8 out of 10 every game.

Nah, you're alright Bill, we are all aware of his 'patches'.

That's my only concern with our team, we have a lot of 'confidence' players, who need it to truly shine. They're not on a level consistency, it's either a 4/10 or a 10/10. Sometimes a team needs a solid 7/8 out of 10 every game.

In fairness, bar the likes of Barca or Bayern, which team doesn't?

• 4 weeks later...

Mirallas got a good run-in against an obviously weak Gibraltar, 28 minutes, 3 shots on goal, hit the post once.

A lot of attacking talent in that Belgium squad, so I don't expect him to play major minutes against strongest opponents. But if Meunier, Mertens, or Hazard picks up an injury, it wouldn't be shocking to see Mirallas start a match.

He has an incentive to play well for Everton. Which we need, badly, badly.

With the players Belgium have in Hazard and De Bruyne, can he really expect to play? I think he'll be happy getting into the squad and playing a little bit, than not getting picked at all. It's a non story, and nothing to worry about. Why anyone would think after getting such a big job Bobby would use such an opportunity to push his feud with Kev? And if he did Kev can just make himself unavailable for selection, he didn't have that luxury at Everton. Kev could now also go public if he feels he's not being treated right by the national team, again he couldn't do that at Everton as he was contracted.

• 4 weeks later...

- Wasn't anything special last season.

- Hasn't been particularly good this season.

- We already have loads of wingers in the squad (Bolasie, Deulofeu, Lennon, Valencia and Tarashaj to return)

- And he's turning 30 next year

Unless he finds some form in the next couple of months I'd sell him while he still has some decent transfer value. I think we could get somewhere near £10 million or more for him if we offload him in January or £8 million in the summer. I know we apparently have an abundance of cash in the bank so it's not necessary to sell anyone, but for £10 million or less we could pick up a promising young striker, winger or attacking midfielder from the dutch league (a la Zeneli, Haller, Dolberg, Larsson, Pereiro or Basacıkoglu) who has the potential to be something great - Mirallas hasn't had a good consistent season in a few years now so I don't see much risk in a move like that.

But 10m is asking a lot for a player that has, to be honest always flattered to deceive.

Really depends on who wants you and what that circumstance is, Ross McCormack went to Aston Villa for £12m and he's 30 and has never played higher than the championship.

But I think you're probably right. £6-8m might be more realistic for Mirallas, but even for that amount you could probably pick up at least one of those promising youngsters I mentioned.

He's had his chance post Martinez. Been awful so far this season, time to move on. Let's not forget he was a Moyes player, hardly set the world alight then, 5 years later, same story. Just not good enough

Utter bollocks. He's the highest scoring midfielder and assists per minute in the whole squad. Has been for the past 3 years whilst hardly playing last season.

his goal output has never been bad nor his assists really. Its just his overall game.... his levels have dropped alarmingly. He looked great at the start of the season - lost weigjht and all that stuff but I do not know what has happened.

Bar Bolasie have any attacking midfielders played well? I'd put it down to the system more than anything

Wouldn't disagree with that at all Matt. I just saw some bits in the echo last week that looked poor. If I can find it I'll post it, but I'd be shocked if he had the most goals/assists from the midfield in the last three years like MC states. I'd be pretty sure that Barkley has more of both.

Mirallas;

2013/14 goals 9 assists 7

2014/15 goals 10 assists 2

2015/16 goals 4 assists 2

Total goals 23 assists 11

Barkley;

2013/14 goals 6 assists 0

2014/15 goals 2 assists 3

2015/16 goals 8 assists 8

Total goals 16 assists 11

From whoscored.com

I'll stand corrected on that one MC. I know one thing though, if that's our best stats, our midfield has been shite!

Utter bollocks. He's the highest scoring midfielder and assists per minute in the whole squad. Has been for the past 3 years whilst hardly playing last season.

You're not correct there. Mirallas played 1003 minutes last season and made 2 assists which makes 0.179 assists per 90mins of football - this made him our fifth highest assist per minute contributor last season behind:

1. Deulofeu (1,385 mins and 8 assists = 0.520 per 90min),

2. Kone (1,458 mins and 4 assists = 0.247 per 90min),

3. Barkley (3,086 mins and 8 assists = 0.233 per 90min) and

4. Cleverley (1,613 mins and 4 assists = 0.223 per 90min)

This is assuming a qualification of at least 2 assists and 300 mins of football - Darron Gibson made 1 assist in 239 mins = 0.377 assists per 90 min which is obviously a biased figure, especially since my Darron Gibson is a worse footballer than my grandmother.

More to the point, Mirallas was a pretty average player in a pretty average team last season. If you look at the image below and compare his output for the seven attacking statistical categories (goals, assists, shots, shots on target, woodworks, offsides, goals per shots, shots on tagret per shots), he's decreased for every stat (ignore offsides). Most other players in our squad have improved their statistics simply because we're playing better (i.e. retaining possession more) and winning more games this season than last.

Untitled.png

IMO, he's been given a fair chance at the club for the past two and a half seasons and hasn't found any form that consistently resembles him when he first arrived. I'd sell him for £6-8m in Jan, bump up Deulofeu or Lennon to starting RW and bring in Arber Zeneli or Sam Larsson from SC Heerenveen, both of whom might not be as good as Kevin Mirallas currently, but are young enough that they can exceed his potential.

Edited by brisbaneblue