IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

He was literally abused by Martinez. Loads on here marked his card saying he wasn't good enough etc.

He's easily our best attacking player behind Lukaku. He's just never ever given a fair crack of the whip.

i'd easily put barkley and bolasie ahead of him. bolasie been out months and kev still hasn't topped his goals/assists (they're level).

i'd easily put barkley and bolasie ahead of him. bolasie been out months and kev still hasn't topped his goals/assists (they're level).

If anyone has had negative effects on a team it's been Bolasie. Look at results without him. I don't rate him

Ross yes, but like Mirallas, Bolasie has pendulum games. Rotating them both and keeping them hungry is exciting

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-kevin-mirallas-divides-opinion-12847675

Personally, I loved him being a snide with that drop ball. I want more of that from our players.

Was into this. You do need snide on the pitch. Think he felt justified seeing that the ref did not call the obvious foul on Holgate like a minute before the build up to the drop ball. Young could have easily had two yellows in that game.

MIrallas was reckless in the game though, easily could have seen two yellows himself.

But didn't anyone see what happened?

Players from both side stepped up for the drop ball. Both decided the other team needed to hand the ball back. Neither agreed.

Mirralas stepped in and said .. fuck this shit... and took the ball himself.

Good on him and just what we need.

Fart arsing about has no place on a football pitch, were they sporting about it?

• 1 month later...

Good news, he consistently delivers more than Ross. Hopefully, the fans will get back behind him.

I disagree... I don't think Ross delivers enough and find him frustrating at times but Mirallas is even less consistent. I don't mind Mirallas as a squad player - on his day he's brilliant - but when he's bad, he's really bad. We need better than him to progress but at the same time he's a good option to have.

Great squad player

Would he be a great squad player for any of the teams above us? Imo no, so not good enough for us if we want to mix it with them.

Stop-gap for early Europa and cup games at best, didn't need a new contract for that.

Looking back at why we didn't crack the top 6 this year, it comes down to the 10 game stretch between Late-September and Mid-December where we dropped 23 points from an available 30:

Bournemouth L 1-0

Crystal Palace D 0-0

Manchester City D 1-1

Burnley L 2-1

West Ham W 2-0

Chelsea L 5-0

Swansea D 1-1

Southampton L 1-0

Man U D 1-1

Watford L 3-2

Kevin Mirallas was poor in all 10 of those games, and especially so against Bournemouth, Swansea and Watford in particular. If you took the 11 most used players in the squad and averaged their performances over the course of the season, I'd say Mirallas would be last barring maybe Funes Mori.

I think Mirallas falls into the Deulofeu category of player - high max, low mean..

He gets more goals and assists per minute than any other midfielder we have,and that's without us playing to his strengths. He's also one of the only players who's not shot shy, and manages to get them on target as well.

Consistency wise you only need to look at Hazard. Invisible one game, brilliant the next. Don't think I've seen a consistent pacey winger since Robben in the Prem. When Mirallas is quiet I still expect him to pull off a chanceMcCarthy does both sides very well, and Davies looks the real deal. whereas when it's not Ross' day he might as well be on the beach.

Edited by pete0