IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

You're not correct there. Mirallas played 1003 minutes last season and made 2 assists which makes 0.179 assists per 90mins of football - this made him our fifth highest assist per minute contributor last season behind:1. Deulofeu (1,385 mins and 8 assists = 0.520 per 90min), 2. Kone (1,458 mins and 4 assists = 0.247 per 90min),3. Barkley (3,086 mins and 8 assists = 0.233 per 90min) and 4. Cleverley (1,613 mins and 4 assists = 0.223 per 90min) This is assuming a qualification of at least 2 assists and 300 mins of football - Darron Gibson made 1 assist in 239 mins = 0.377 assists per 90 min which is obviously a biased figure, especially since my Darron Gibson is a worse footballer than my grandmother.

More to the point, Mirallas was a pretty average player in a pretty average team last season. If you look at the image below and compare his output for the seven attacking statistical categories (goals, assists, shots, shots on target, woodworks, offsides, goals per shots, shots on tagret per shots), he's decreased for every stat (ignore offsides). Most other players in our squad have improved their statistics simply because we're playing better (i.e. retaining possession more) and winning more games this season than last.

Untitled.png

IMO, he's been given a fair chance at the club for the past two and a half seasons and hasn't found any form that consistently resembles him when he first arrived. I'd sell him for £6-8m in Jan, bump up Deulofeu or Lennon to starting RW and bring in Arber Zeneli or Sam Larsson from SC Heerenveen, both of whom might not be as good as Kevin Mirallas currently, but are young enough that they can exceed his potential.

you went through all that when it was explained so much simpler by everyone else. Well done for basing your findings on a season when he was pretty much abused the manager. Well done.

The point I was trying to make is that over a three year period he is still out most creative and clinical midfielder. Even without playing much last season. Anyone trying to rate Mirallas on last season is nuts. The guy didn't get a sniff.

Edited by MC11

you went through all that when it was explained so much simpler by everyone else. Well done for basing your findings on a season when he was pretty much abused the manager. Well done.

The point I was trying to make is that over a three year period he is still out most creative and clinical midfielder. Even without playing much last season. Anyone trying to rate Mirallas on last season is nuts. The guy didn't get a sniff.

I was trying to give you a more detailed breakdown of why he's shite than "he hasn't scored that many goals or made many assists". We're looking at per 90 mins stats here, you can't make an argument that his stats are low because he didn't play as many games as others last season - if anything his stats should be higher because when he came off the bench he was playing against defenders who had already been on the pitch for 65+ mins.

If you want a oversimplified fact on why Kevin Mirallas is not our most creative and clinical midfielder, then here - "Yannick Bolasie made the same amount of assists in his first 9 games (665 mins) for Everton this season than Kevin Mirallas' has in his last 65 games (3,275 minutes)"...

Even ignoring the past, the much more important conversation here is that Mirallas' output has been poor so far this season, and he's been given almost every chance possible..

There's a player in there it's a simple as that. We should be looking at getting these players on form whilst the windows closed rather than bashing them. A long with Barkley Mirallas has all the talent in the world it's getting the best out of them that's the issue. Mirallas hasn't been the same player since the penalty incident. His head well & truly fell off.

He had chances last season but fucked up time and time again.

He has fire in him and can be almost unplayable but I don't think he is anything special. Bolasie and Geri are better for all that they are inconsistent too.

If I was in charge Geri would be starting as he can be unplayable. He flits between unplayable and conference level but he needs more and more games to get that consistency. If he is having a shocker, then hook him for Mirallas.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a player in there it's a simple as that. We should be looking at getting these players on form whilst the windows closed rather than bashing them. A long with Barkley Mirallas has all the talent in the world it's getting the best out of them that's the issue. Mirallas hasn't been the same player since the penalty incident. His head well & truly fell off.

His own fault. You shouldn't ever demand to take a penalty when they're down the pecking order against someone with a 95-100% conversation rate, let alone take a penalty and miss.

His intention was to take it in respect of a dead friend which is a nice gesture, but in the kindest way possible Mirallas' deceased friend has no corrolation to evertons football results.

I don't ever think I've perceived Mirallas as a team player.

• 4 weeks later...

got the ball. Needed to tackle - lucky he nudged it though.

Agreed, otherwise Sanchez had a shot inside the area on his right foot with everyone in front of him scrambling into position.

Dunno what the hell that clearance was just beforehand though.

Edited by Matt

got the ball. Needed to tackle - lucky he nudged it though.

Didn't think it was a pen but I reckon it could have been easily given - even the commentators were split. Luckily the ref's view was obstructed by Cech running back.

Thought Mirallas should have just cleared it right away and/or looked over his shoulder before his first touch. Calvert-Lewin made an absolute meal of the first clearance as well.

Odd call last night, because apparently Koeman isn't one to trust in youth, but throws 19 year old Calvert-Lewin into the mix at the tail end of a derby no less, yet Belgian international and serial derby offender Kevin Mirallas kicked his own heels sat on the bench when he could have been planting Lovren on the pitch instead to insight some shenanigans.

Gamesmanship ladies and gentlemen, the kloppites rolled around and cried and harassed the ref all night long, and eventually started calling the game whereas we didn't get into manipulation and mithering, another late challenge on one of theirs might have been enough to stir the pot, as it stands we've got internationals doing nothing on a regular basis and apparently it's going to take 4 transfer windows to shape the squad.....

Maybe its all 20 20 hindsight, and had the post not fell for them then we'd be ok with a point today but really I'd have liked Mirallas on to snide one of them late on. Give them something proper to cry about.

• 2 weeks later...

A very committed performance from him. If he can show that more often then there's no way Lennon should be ahead of him.

Lennon was shite today and didn't look arsed incidentally.

Lennon had one of his headless chicken days. Lots of running with no real purpose.

Kev was a bit hit and miss for me, but he did put a shift in so credit to him for that