IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It wasn't that long ago that playing for your country was a real honour. Today it's an inconvenience for the club. In England, not many players view playing for their country as meaning much: little pay, risk of injury, and a distraction more than anything. For Wales, Ireland, and Scotland, there remains a strong sense of pride when playing for your country.

I get that Everton suffered because McCarthy answered his national team's call to play, but I personally don't blame him at all for that. Call me old-fashioned, but I am proud to be a Celt - and so are most players from Celtic lands.

I like it when players play for their country and I am a proud Brit, I have no complaints when African players go to the Cup of Nations. What pissed me off with McCarthy is that he knew he was injured, he was told by us us was not fit but he went and played anyway and made his injury 10 times worse. I don't call that being patriotic I call it being a twat.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I like it when players play for their country and I am a proud Brit, I have no complaints when African players go to the Cup of Nations. What pissed me off with McCarthy is that he knew he was injured, he was told by us us was not fit but he went and played anyway and made his injury 10 times worse. I don't call that being patriotic I call it being a twat.

It's a valid point, but he must have thought he was sufficiently recovered. He was wrong, and I would hope he's learned from that incident.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Swarzy said:

'Mirallas rejects commitment problem'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11117456

here's how i imagine it went down

kev calls agent "hey mate, who's interested come winter get me outta here, spurs?  chelsea? "

agent "uh kev you can't even start on a team in the relegation zone, not even olympiakos is willing to pony up the cash for you anymore"

kev "turn tail and apologize, gotcha, will do"

41 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

kev calls agent "hey mate, who's interested come winter get me outta here, spurs?  chelsea? "

agent "uh kev you can't even start on a team in the relegation zone, not even olympiakos is willing to pony up the cash for you anymore"

There's also the possibility that some disgruntled fans have disingenuously initiated a bit of a witch hunt. 

Let's be honest. We wouldn't doubt Mirallas engaging in the kind of behavior of which the rumor accuses him. And, we aren't surprised by Schneiderlin's possible involvement either, because he's been a chief reason why our midfield has been total shit this season and we're seeking a concrete reason as to why. We want to excise the malignant tumor and MEGA (Make Everton Great Again 😎). 

I'm not saying I know this is a bullshit story. I'm just saying that everyone asked about it has denied it. And, we shouldn't rush to comforting conclusions. We should wait for more information before we know what to think or feel about the situation. Unsworth, for one, should be grilled as to why neither one of them was in the squad against Watford. Let's see what develops before setting fire to Mirallas and Schneiderlin. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Madness that we apparently only paid 6m pounds for Mirallas. Honestly would let him go for a minimal fee.

44 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Madness that we apparently only paid 6m pounds for Mirallas. Honestly would let him go for a minimal fee.

for a winger he is now 30 years old, and not many teams buy pace players over 30.  not sure what will happen but i'm sure his new contact included increased wages so that is something to think about.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

for a winger he is now 30 years old, and not many teams buy pace players over 30.  not sure what will happen but i'm sure his new contact included increased wages so that is something to think about.

Let him go for a free then.

Lookman is showing everything bar maybe end product, Lennon can be a stopgap, then let's buy a proper winger (one in January and one next summer and let Lennon leave)

Just now, Quinn31 said:

Let him go for a free then.

Lookman is showing everything bar maybe end product, Lennon can be a stopgap, then let's buy a proper winger (one in January and one next summer and let Lennon leave)

i'm with you, not sure if he would though, a guaranteed contract at nice wages or testing the market to see who wants him.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Was never quite the player we hoped he'd be but he had his moments (albeit they were few and far between); but it's  Greece, Turkey or the glue factory time now.

Yep, had the potential to be a real quality player but so inconsistent, and temperamental that he never became the player we all hoped he would be. 

• 2 weeks later...