IGNORED

FA Cup 2013-14 (the road to Wembley x2)

c1982

Liverpool were the better team. We raise our game for the teams like Arsenal, their stadium isn't the most atmospheric and we can beat this team - they aren't that good. We will have a fully fit barkley then, Gerry will be back, as will Lukaku - who hopefully has the bit between the teeth. Have some faith.

What game did you watch? Arsenal controlled the game and liverpool only had a couple chances (which Sturbridge fluffed). Suarez was non existent other than his dives, and Gerrard was doing his best Jason impression hacking and slashing everyone. They did not play well, Arsenal were the better side and it showed with the win.

I fancied us more at Anfield, big score to settle there. Emirates is a horrible stadium to go to. If I'm completely honest I'd take a draw there and bring them back to our place. Hopefully we'll get the win but it's going to be a big ask. The top players need to perform.

What game did you watch? Arsenal controlled the game and liverpool only had a couple chances (which Sturbridge fluffed). Suarez was non existent other than his dives, and Gerrard was doing his best Jason impression hacking and slashing everyone. They did not play well, Arsenal were the better side and it showed with the win.

Liverpool were the much better side.

Quietly confident that we can either beat Arsenal or at least get them to Goodison for the replay. We'll be playing Arsenal at the right time and they certainly won't want a replay.

Not going to get my hopes up too high as that normally ends in disappointment supporting the mighty blues. I'd love Martinez to successfully defend the cup this season.

We've been given a reduced allocation by Arsenal due to safety concerns. By reduced I mean about 4000 less tickets.

It's not safety concerns at all. They just didn't want 9000 away fans out singing their fans.

If they couldn't cope with a full allocation then the game should've had to be played behind closed doors.

They've used this excuse for each round so far. It's bull shit.

We've been given a reduced allocation by Arsenal due to safety concerns. By reduced I mean about 4000 less tickets.

It's not safety concerns at all. They just didn't want 9000 away fans out singing their fans.

If they couldn't cope with a full allocation then the game should've had to be played behind closed doors.

They've used this excuse for each round so far. It's bull shit.

Isn't it funny that they offered Coventry full allocation though?! Shocking!

What will happen is the home ends will be littered with Evertonians - serves them right too.

Other than Manchester City that was the worst outcome people could hope to see. I think at home we could maybe do it, but away in North London this will be awkward for sure. Highbury is no more, a thing of the past, but the fact remains we haven't won an away game at Arsenal since 1995 / 96 , and got to be skeptical for this one. Even if it had been Liverpool instead (at anfield) I would have remained pessimistic, but at least with derby games, anything can occur. I think the best we can hope for is a draw, take it back up for a replay, and see how it goes on the night.

Goddamn draw - could so easily been a much easier fixture but we get the shit end of the stick with a real testing away journey.

Say for argument sake we eliminate arsenal in the last eight, that only leaves Manchester City as the last real immediate danger left in it, but it can be done and go all the way, but feel a little skeptical right now

Furthermore, the aforementioned ticket allocation given to our supporters is questionable, and I failed to see this time what "safety concerns" they envisaged for the game in question.

Guest blueboy122

Fucking Joke!

That's all part of the FA Cup big away match followings etc to create a real cup tie atmosphere.

You can bet your mortgage if Wigan were pulled out the hat they would get the full 9000.

How can they dictate the seats I thought the FA did that.

It should be up to the FA to decide if there are safety issues or if there is under hand tactics going on.

Arsenal are adamant that they were forced to limit Liverpool’s FA Cup ticket allocation on safety grounds due to the late kick-off time for television and their previous experience of allowing Chelsea fans in the upper tier of the stadium.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10621095/Arsenal-caught-in-ticketing-row-after-reducing-Liverpools-FA-Cup-allocation-on-safety-grounds.html

• 2 weeks later...