IGNORED

FA Cup 2013-14 (the road to Wembley x2)

c1982

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26220367

Martinez said: "The draw you always hope for is a home tie, but it doesn't matter - if you want to win the cup you have to be prepared to face everyone. We will have to be at our best but it is something to look forward to."

And he will set his team out to win, no negative tactics hoping to scrape a draw and a replay. Another Roberto quote from the ITV coverage today before kick off:

'I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees'

I like that one

The game against Arsenal will be just before their second leg versus Bayern and about a week before their derby clash with Tottenham, so with any luck they'll be keeping their priorities on the title challenge and the Champs League, at least enough for us to salvage a draw and a replay at Goodison.

I think as mad as it sounds it is the draw that we have a great chance of winning. Does anyone really fancy away to a lower league club who know they are one game away from wembley???

Away to Arsenal 2 days before they fly to Germany for a huge game... He is going to rest his big players if they are still in the tie with all to play for.

The fixture itself will bring out the "A game" from our players.

Personally, I like this tie. We've avoided the biggest clubs to date, while they've knocked each other out, so it's inevitable we face tougher opposition in the quarter-finals. We've shown already that we can beat Arsenal away, so why not again? This game will probably be won by the team that's hungrier to win.

That should be us...

I think as mad as it sounds it is the draw that we have a great chance of winning. Does anyone really fancy away to a lower league club who know they are one game away from wembley???

Away to Arsenal 2 days before they fly to Germany for a huge game... He is going to rest his big players if they are still in the tie with all to play for.

The fixture itself will bring out the "A game" from our players.

Your right it does sound mad!

Swansea rested numerous players and we strugled to beat them AT HOME !......took a dodgy pass back and a penalty to beat them.

If Arsenal can beat an inform liverpool, they can beat a toothless nervous Everton.

Your right it does sound mad!

Swansea rested numerous players and we strugled to beat them AT HOME !......took a dodgy pass back and a penalty to beat them.

If Arsenal can beat an inform liverpool, they can beat a toothless nervous Everton.

Liverpool were the better team. We raise our game for the teams like Arsenal, their stadium isn't the most atmospheric and we can beat this team - they aren't that good. We will have a fully fit barkley then, Gerry will be back, as will Lukaku - who hopefully has the bit between the teeth. Have some faith.

Liverpool were the better team. We raise our game for the teams like Arsenal, their stadium isn't the most atmospheric and we can beat this team - they aren't that good. We will have a fully fit barkley then, Gerry will be back, as will Lukaku - who hopefully has the bit between the teeth. Have some faith.

"Liverpool were the better team"....my point exactly

"Arsenal aren't that good".....really!

We out played a good Arsenal a while back, but Sunday we were very poor, a decent team would have destroyed us.

If as you say, Lukaku will be back, Barkley will be fit, etc, etc....then we have a chance.....well I'd rather have taken a full strength Everton to Forrest or one of the Sheffield teams etc.

The one obvious advantage will be the champions league game for Arsenal, let's hope we can milk that one.

I have faith, but it was sorely tested by the dross served up on Sunday.

If I am glad we are playing Arsenal. We play a similar style of football. Against Liverpool it would have been tough as they have the pace in their team. Arsenal on the other hand don't, they have Walcott and Chamberlain but apart from those two no pace.

I think we can take the game to Arsenal, play a high line and just attack, attack. We played well against them at the Emirates and finished 1-1. Let's hope we can do them again. :)

"Liverpool were the better team"....my point exactly

"Arsenal aren't that good".....really!

We out played a good Arsenal a while back, but Sunday we were very poor, a decent team would have destroyed us.

If as you say, Lukaku will be back, Barkley will be fit, etc, etc....then we have a chance.....well I'd rather have taken a full strength Everton to Forrest or one of the Sheffield teams etc.

The one obvious advantage will be the champions league game for Arsenal, let's hope we can milk that one.

I have faith, but it was sorely tested by the dross served up on Sunday.

Arsenal really aren't that good. Look at their results, they have won the winnable games where others may have drawn etc, against better opponents they have struggled - they couldn't beat United at home. They have lost a bit of that edge, Giroud has lost his goalscoring touch and is looking tired, walcott injured, a few things have happened to them and they don't look as potent.

The champs league game will be a massive distraction for them.