IGNORED

Chelsea away

Cornish Steve

Undone by another refereeing cockup and sleeping defence. Another game we dominated but failed to win. How many times did we say that under Moyes as well?

But that doesn't cover up the fact we are in dire need of a quality striker. I still would like that to be Lukaku long term, despite his recent dry spell, but like Dunc says, we're going to have to pay big money to land that kind of quality, or be extremely lucky and stumble upon a gem

Make your own luck I guess... that's why Chelski is on top. Ramirez went down easily, but Jags did put his foot across his line. I've seen our players go down for the same or even less. Would have been livid if that Torres dive/foul/free ended in a goal. To be fair they pushed and pushed late in the 2nd half and got their goal... had us on the back foot for the last 15 mins or so.

Undone by another refereeing cockup and sleeping defence. Another game we dominated but failed to win. How many times did we say that under Moyes as well?

But that doesn't cover up the fact we are in dire need of a quality striker. I still would like that to be Lukaku long term, despite his recent dry spell, but like Dunc says, we're going to have to pay big money to land that kind of quality, or be extremely lucky and stumble upon a gem

Yes the Chelsea player was looking for the free kick but then Jags duly obliged. Put it this way if it had been the other way around I would be pissed off if we didnt get the free kick.

I felt cheated at Spurs but not from this game. You could blame bad luck, poor defending in the final minutes, wrong subs or our lack of quality in the final third but not the Ref

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Alex Ferguson once said if he had an inform striker in the team and another better strike came on the market, if he had the cash he would buy him.

Says it all, pretty football and possession win you plaudits........goals win you games.

I'm sorry Mr Martinez, I don't get up to too many Goodison games, but I'm up for West Ham.......please don't give me a pretty game and a defeat, I can take an odd long ball and a couple of goals.....we were even lucky against Swansea reserves.We need a good win.An ugly win with a couple of goals, we can revert to pretty the following week!

Yeah, we've just had a run of 3 tough away games which normally we probably wouldnt expect too much from.

We are playing well, receiving plenty of plaudits and positive attention. That doesnt get us points, but it helps ease the pain as a fan!

Theres no need to panic...the tough games are done now. Yes we have to play Arsenal, Utd & City...but all at home. We can win those.

The other games are mostly against bottom half teams. Hopefully, we can get a good load of points against them.

And my final wish....in summer, spunk every single available penny on a first class 25 goal per season striker...and see the difference in how that changes our results.

Edited by Newty82

Went on the Chelsea forum last night for a peak and most of their fans were very complimentary about our style of play and how we deserved something. I agree with the striker comments, I we had got the first goal against spurs and Chelsea we would be still in for a champs league place

Definitely, need a CF, especially against the top 8 in the EPL. To often yesterday the midfield were shrugged off the ball by Chelski defenders even before we got near their area. Also agree that Distin is starting to show his age and being caught out too often. Though he did have a great game up to the last minute where he should have either cut out the cross or prevented JT getting near the ball. RM should look to get an early bid in on Virgil Van Dyke (Celtic), he's only in his early 20's and has been outstanding since signing with the Celts. He has already been enquired about by Arsenal and Man. City. He has two good feet, height , great control and can read a game brilliantly. I know we (the Celts) won't be able to hold onto him long, so would love to see him play for Everton. Hail Hail !

Edited by Gypo

Definitely, need a CF, especially against the top 8 in the EPL. To often yesterday the midfield were shrugged off the ball by Chelski defenders even before we got near their area. Also agree that Distin is starting to show his age and being caught out too often. Though he did have a great game up to the last minute where he should have either cut out the cross or prevented JT getting near the ball. RM should look to get an early bid in on Virgil Van Dyke (Celtic), he's only in his early 20's and has been outstanding since signing with the Celts. He has already been enquired about by Arsenal and Man. City. He has two good feet, height , great control and can read a game brilliantly. I know we (the Celts) won't be able to hold onto him long, so would love to see him play for Everton. Hail Hail !

How many times do we say it, in that just because a player can be a success in the scots premier league, it doesn't indicate that they're an efficient center forward. Goddamn it, you got it easier than ever up there now with Rangers omission, and any other opposition sides aren't going to offer much especially by way of decent defenses. Point being, if this Van Dyke or whatever his name is came down and had a go in the EPL, guessing he wouldnt be able to duplicate his successes from a more inferior league. That's not necessarily a slur to the good people of Scotland, merely the fact the SPL is a poor league, devoid of any real competition, but then again, hasn't it been that way for as long as some will remember...

Back to the game, I watched whatever highlights they bothered to show and would like to think it was an own goal, rather than some horrible snide individual that got the final touch. For the final time, came within seconds of getting a very commendable result if not for the intervention of some colossal cunt, and the opposition appeared very ordinary at times, and I'd be surprised to see them take the league championship this year. Needless to say I hope they miss out, but we can once again take something from yesterday. Disappointed to lose to an opposition you often fail to recognize, especially in that manner, but as doubtless mentioned, some positives to take from the day, if not the season thus far.

Got to look at Howard for the goal though the ball lands virtually on the goal line. He should be off his line taking the ball,terry,our defenders, kerry Dixon and chopper Harris if it meant keeping it out :(

Got to look at Howard for the goal though the ball lands virtually on the goal line. He should be off his line taking the ball,terry,our defenders, kerry Dixon and chopper Harris if it meant keeping it out :(

I agree. Step one pace forward and catch the ball.

Edited by Bill

Guest blueboy122

Thought I was the only one thinking Howard was at fault.

I was furious with Jags though for making the challenge even before they scored.

Lazy petulant foul that could have been avoided.

Why give them a chance to fill the box.

I think Barkley played cr@p. It was like playing with 10 men when he came on the pitch. I don't think there was a moment where he didn't lose the ball or give it directly to the opposition.

I am not saying Barkley isn't a good footballer because he is, no doubt about that, when he normally plays it is like we have 12 men on the pitch with his energy, strength and awareness but against Chelsea he didn't perform well at all. Osman played quite well in the CAM role, he was getting shots away, passing it well. Probably one of the better games I have seen him play in under Martinez.

It is a hard defeat to take, it isn't even the fact that we lost that is hard. It is that we lost it in the 93rd minute of the game. 2 more minutes, 2 more flipping minutes!!

Watched the game on DVR last night after being away over the weekend. I'd like to say I was surprised when they scored with 2 mins to go but the mrs came into the room just after they scored and asked how we were doing, my response, a despondent "typical Everton have just lost with 2 mins to go"

I thought it was a solid performance overall but like everyone says we need a decent striker up top. What's really depressing is that the shite are now 11 points ahead after the last few games.

Ultimately a player up front with a trick or two that can score on their own is what we need but how many players are like that? And how much do they cost? Do you know what striker I used to love and he was crap? Tomas radzinski. Had pace to burn and he'd get you off your seat. Some of his goals were world class when he was instinctive it was when he had to think in front of goal he was awful. We need our scouts sniffing early. If bobby is here for the long haul I can see him spending money on a few £4-5 mill signings and developing them as he keeps faith with the old guard and uses the loan system till the kids are ready

We already missed many cheap good CF like Bryan Ruiz, Ricky van Wolfswinkel and few others and we sold Jelavic :( it will be hard to keep even the 6th this way..this guy is a MUST if we want quality: Yevhen Konoplyanka Liverpool already chasing him :(

Ruiz has played in the prem for a while and scored hardly any? Van Wolfswinkel isn't setting the world on fire either, and neither were cheap? That Liverpool target isn't a striker is he? Can't be bothered checking, but they probably offered about £20m as well.

On topic, watched this game in a pub in Birkenhead (long story), was absolutely gutted definitely didn't deserve to lose

Edited by Ant1979

We already missed many cheap good CF like Bryan Ruiz, Ricky van Wolfswinkel and few others and we sold Jelavic :( it will be hard to keep even the 6th this way..this guy is a MUST if we want quality: Yevhen Konoplyanka Liverpool already chasing him :(

Think we missed bullet on Ruiz and van Wolfswinkel. Except for Mischy I have a hard time to come up with any strikers that are good, affordable and would fit in with team.

Konoplyanka is brilliant, been a fan since Euro 2012. In truth he should already be a Liverpool player. He's the sort of pacey, tricky, technical winger who is tailor-made for PL football. I think he will be a sensation if he comes over here.

How many times do we say it, in that just because a player can be a success in the scots premier league, it doesn't indicate that they're an efficient center forward. Goddamn it, you got it easier than ever up there now with Rangers omission, and any other opposition sides aren't going to offer much especially by way of decent defenses. Point being, if this Van Dyke or whatever his name is came down and had a go in the EPL, guessing he wouldnt be able to duplicate his successes from a more inferior league. That's not necessarily a slur to the good people of Scotland, merely the fact the SPL is a poor league, devoid of any real competition, but then again, hasn't it been that way for as long as some will remember...

:rolleyes: Everton have done well with many of these 'Inferior' footballers from the SPL and you show your lack of knowledge with statements such as 'Van Dyke or whatever his name'. I can assure you that you will know Van Dijk, in the future, as he is the real deal. :)