IGNORED

Chelsea away

Cornish Steve

You never really explain yourself though. You simply state your opinion as fact and fail to ever really give any credible evidence to any of your arguments. Your right though, pointless arguing as i dont think we've seen eye to eye on anything.

I'll explain myself for you....

Kevin Mirallas is by far our most dangerous attacking outlet. He was the most dangerous attacking player today. Please tell me who else was better in the final third?

I'll explain myself for you....

Kevin Mirallas is by far our most dangerous attacking outlet. He was the most dangerous attacking player today. Please tell me who else was better in the final third?

He was in your opinion.

Pienaar was marginally better with his link up play and Ossie did okay but overall i think all of our attacking midfielders were shite. Barry did alright and McCarthy played well.

So you think we'll finish in the top 4?

I'd remind you of something quoted here just a few days ago: "Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." Based on your attitude, we'd be relegated by now. Why ever do you need to be such a consistently negative troll? Everton is a great team and is playing great football. This season already, we've beaten Chelsea at home and matched them away. We've matched Arsenal away. We've beaten United away. This is much more than was achieved against these teams for several years, but all you can do is complain.

I'd remind you of something quoted here just a few days ago: "Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." Based on your attitude, we'd be relegated by now. Why ever do you need to be such a consistently negative troll? Everton is a great team and is playing great football. This season already, we've beaten Chelsea at home and matched them away. We've matched Arsenal away. We've beaten United away. This is much more than was achieved against these teams for several years, but all you can do is complain.

Here here. I just try to look at reality.

Stoke beat Chelsea. West Brom beat United.

It was a good gauge of where we are, and we are most definitely on a par with the big guns in the league. There is no reason at all to be disappointed in the result, because we matched the league leaders away, and either team could have won.

Exactly and we didnt take a backward step either.

We still have a problem in our attacking two players, especially now it looks like Traore is out (although I think Lukaku is fit again) as Naismith wasnt as good after he picked up that knock either. We have got some winnable games coming up and we need to get some wins in the bag to close the gap again.

I think we played very well on whole. Deserved a point. The right players came on but I think Mirallas should have stayed on. When he went off we lacked any real threat to keep Chelsea boxed in. We're just a little off the top teams. Got to go for the cup and aim for 5th now.

Pienaar was by far our best player going forward today. The problem was he faded after about 60 minutes and nobody who stepped in could take care of the ball in a similar capacity. Osman looked good today too. But, again, he couldn't last the match. Naismith was also more impressive than Mirallas today. He put in a hell of a shift. Lost a few balls here or there. But, nothing more than any of our other strikers would have. Barry and McCarthy had great games today. Our back 4, and Howard, also played well. All around, we can be happy with our play. We didn't score, but not many do against Mourinho's Chelsea. We were really unlucky to lose in that fashion though.

I'll agree that Mirallas is our most dangerous attacking outlet. He's very dangerous. It's just that his shots end up being more dangerous to the first row of fans or the keeper's feet than anything.

Pienaar was by far our best player going forward today. The problem was he faded after about 60 minutes and nobody who stepped in could take care of the ball in a similar capacity. Osman looked good today too. But, again, he couldn't last the match. Naismith was also more impressive than Mirallas today. He put in a hell of a shift. Lost a few balls here or there. But, nothing more than any of our other strikers would have. Barry and McCarthy had great games today. Our back 4, and Howard, also played well. All around, we can be happy with our play. We didn't score, but not many do against Mourinho's Chelsea. We were really unlucky to lose in that fashion though.

I'll agree that Mirallas is our most dangerous attacking outlet. He's very dangerous. It's just that his shots end up being more dangerous to the first row of fans or the keeper's feet than anything.

Mirallas is our best player. He'd get in any side in this league IMO. What he used to lack was consistency. But it's getting better.

Mirallas is our best player. He'd get in any side in this league IMO. What he used to lack was consistency. But it's getting better.

I'd maybe agree with you, if we were judging him purely on technical ability. But I fear he's got a double digit IQ. Constantly dribbles right into trouble and never has his head up. Like a horse with blinders on far too often.

What a bastard that was! Ive felt this way a few times this season, that is gutted by the result but pleased with the performance of the team as a whole. We pushed them hard today, outplayed and out fought them for many parts of the game...you see them celebrating at the end? Thats a compliment to us.

But that doesnt get us points. Although hopefully the players will get more confidence and belief to carry into the next run of games...that will get us points.

Two players dissapointed me today: Miralles and Barkley. Bare with me. Miralles was missing for large parts of the game. I dont think he offered much at all, very below par. And the way we played in the first 45, if he was on fire, or even luke warm, it would have made a huge difference. Barkley still looks short of match sharpness. For me, he needs to take a step back, forget all the hype, and get back to basics. Ease the pressure on himself a bit. The difference between 2 out of sorts players? Miralles got subbed and looked sulky about it, bad attitude...you aint no world beating superstar mate...while barkley looked distraught with himself after one of those terrible passes. Barkley will self educate and get better, Miralles needs a bollocking and a rocket up his arse.

Thought, for the most part, McCarthy and Barry looked immense. Especially McCarthy. Naismith did himself proud again. And the rest were fine.

We still need to act quicker around the opposition penalty area. We slow ourselves down too much, and allow the others to get in shape. If we can sort this out, maybe with a fit lukaku and/or traoure, we will be once again a formidable team.

Looking forward to the forthcoming fixtures...a few teams are gonna be taught a lesson.

I'd maybe agree with you, if we were judging him purely on technical ability. But I fear he's got a double digit IQ. Constantly dribbles right into trouble and never has his head up. Like a horse with blinders on far too often.

Was far better than any of the three that came on.

The game went pear shaped when the subs came on, we had been the far better team until then.

Barkley and Deleufeu gave the ball away every time they got it, so it came straight back and put Chelsea on the front foot, we then had to resort to the big hoof ball which just made it worse, should have left the team alone, Osman, Mirallas and Pienaar played a lot better than any of the subs.

Edited by Bill

Ugh...just watched the game on tape-delay. I hate Chelsea, don't like that philandering john terry, don't like that thug Ivanovic, don't like that arrogant dickhead mourinho, don't like that fraudster, racketeering asshole owner, nothing to like about that team.

Decent performance (relative to the last few EPL matches) and nothing to show for it. Heart-breaking.

Pointless looking pretty and having 53% possession away to Chelski if we can't finish off our chances. On the positive side, I am convinced that we are only one decent centre forward away from being genuine title contenders.

Your right, not only will a decent/good centre forward actually score the goals we need, the rest of the team will have an incentive, the whole team suffers when they know that they may match a team, even be better than them, but may well fall short due to lack of a killer striker.

Who it will be, when it will be..........Martinez may know, or not, as the case may be.

West Ham come to us next week in friggin good form !

Pointless looking pretty and having 53% possession away to Chelski if we can't finish off our chances. On the positive side, I am convinced that we are only one decent centre forward away from being genuine title contenders.

Not meaning to throw the cat amongst the pigeons but in that respect it is the same old Everton

We have had that problem for as long as I can remeber and until we can find £20M + to sign one and then find another £150k a week to keep him happy we will always fail to break into the top 4

I think everybody knows if we buy or loan properly next season we will be like the red shite this year but not a one man team. Chelsea knew today they have scraped by against a TOP team that's why they went nuts. I think Roberto will be made up this season and dare I say it these close defeats might benefit us next season when he reminds the players going into the same matches next year. I agree with people that say we are a striker and a creative midfielder away from title contenders

I think everybody knows if we buy or loan properly next season we will be like the red shite this year but not a one man team. Chelsea knew today they have scraped by against a TOP team that's why they went nuts. I think Roberto will be made up this season and dare I say it these close defeats might benefit us next season when he reminds the players going into the same matches next year. I agree with people that say we are a striker and a creative midfielder away from title contenders

Actually, I'd say we need something else, too: a younger defence. Jagielka and DIstin have played very well this year, but age is becoming a factor (also true of Pienaar and Osman). Some of our older players are tiring too soon and making silly mistakes that cost us. I'm not meaning to write them off at all, and I've no doubt their experience will help a lot as we regain momentum in this final third of the season.

Ugh...just watched the game on tape-delay. I hate Chelsea, don't like that philandering john terry, don't like that thug Ivanovic, don't like that arrogant dickhead mourinho, don't like that fraudster, racketeering asshole owner, nothing to like about that team.

Decent performance (relative to the last few EPL matches) and nothing to show for it. Heart-breaking.

That's basically how I feel with regards to everything the club entails today but would prefer to word things a little stronger..

Hoping to catch whatever highlights the excellent BBC bother to show this night, but on the whole of it, came so close to getting a decent score from today and losing to a club side there is tangible distaste for, and a scorer you just want to slap in the face, and appearing to play that didn't warrant a defeat, was hard to take. Guess that's pretty much it for any champions league soccer now, but we gave it a go and our players can be proud enough with their endeavors.