• Sylvain Distin
    • Leighton Baines
    • Gareth Barry
    • James McCarthy
    • Ross Barkley
    • Kevin Mirallas
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Romelu Lukaku

Big Rom done well can see him getting close to 20 for the season. Only other contender would be Barkley who wasn't quite 100%, played well before tiring and if he had scored we might of got something out of the game. Hard to pick anyone who played behind him.

He was absolutely everywhere breaking things up and getting on us on the front foot. It wasnt a perfect performance, because he did make a couple of errors and he was unlucky for their first but I think his overall contribution was excellent.

I'm in agreement with you. Thought he started out very shaky, launching himself into challenges where he was never going going to get near, but he settled into the game and came out of it as one of our better players. In no way deserves to be lumped in with the likes of Distin and Coleman today, who were shocking all game.

Totally agree.... I am gonna repeat myself but I still feel more confident with him in goal than Howard.... Howard makes me nervous and shits himself when he plays against top four sides and also gives unfair criticism to his back four on occasions. If am not mistaken none of the goals were Joel's fault and he made some good saves. finally, every punch was criticized also but every punch made it outside the box. He could have caught some yes but it's not as if he punched and missed it.

Totally agree.... I am gonna repeat myself but I still feel more confident with him in goal than Howard.... Howard makes me nervous and shits himself when he plays against top four sides and also gives unfair criticism to his back four on occasions. If am not mistaken none of the goals were Joel's fault and he made some good saves. finally, every punch was criticized also but every punch made it outside the box. He could have caught some yes but it's not as if he punched and missed it.

I thought he was absolutely shocking. He looked terrified every time the ball came near him and I don't think he could catch a cold

He was lucky not to get an og when he flapped at a cross and tipped it onto the bar

If he comes out and punched everything isnt that showing his presence to the back four. The back four seemed as normal in confidence as ever. Or do you prefer howard to stay on his line all the time. I find it funny Haf that all the occasions this season whenout back four have been screaming for Howard to come out and claim, something he hasnt done, yet I've never seen a comment from you. I can smell a scapegoat!

If he comes out and punched everything isnt that showing his presence to the back four. The back four seemed as normal in confidence as ever. Or do you prefer howard to stay on his line all the time. I find it funny Haf that all the occasions this season whenout back four have been screaming for Howard to come out and claim, something he hasnt done, yet I've never seen a comment from you. I can smell a scapegoat!

No scapegoat, he was very poor and his decision making is shite. Not even getting into a debate about it. Fucked off with this goalkeeper rotation. For me Coleman was the biggest let down.

Thought Barkley started slowly but got into it well, Barry was decent up until the penalty he gave away, McCarthy was good as usual but not amazing, Pienaar had some good touches and looked ok sometimes, Baines the same really as with Mirallas and Lukaku was similar but on a whole probably deserved MOTM.

Joel was a fuckin liability in goal, was he having a bet with someone to how much of a cunt can someone look in 1 half? Just catch the ball, a punch gives the ball back to them, catch it run out to the edge of the box and distiribute the ball to one of our players. He had a real chance to put a bit of pressure on Howard this weekend and he didn't take it.

Not when he is 6ft 4 and should be catching the bloody thing. One he nearly turned into his own goal, the other went straight out to an arsenal player. The defenders rightly bollocked him.

If stones has a stinker he's had a stinker... You going on about the derby again?

I'm more annoyed at Martinez rather than the keeper, but whatever you say goalkeepers who don't catch the ball when they should need bollocking.

For me Howard should have started, quarter final against arsenal is a big test and Robles looked shaky. Qpr 2nd round yeah fine...not a game with big consequences at stake.

If stones has a stinker he's had a stinker... You going on about the derby again?

I'm more annoyed at Martinez rather than the keeper, but whatever you say goalkeepers who don't catch the ball when they should need bollocking.

For me Howard should have started, quarter final against arsenal is a big test and Robles looked shaky. Qpr 2nd round yeah fine...not a game with big consequences at stake.

fainting.gif

fainting.gif

Never let it be said I'm a fanboy, if Martinez does something wrong he can cop for the same shit that Moyes took.

fainting.gif

Where's the rest of the quote.

Re - Leaving Howard out in favor of our second choice goalkeeper when he was able to play, especially at such a pivotal part of the competition and away at a team you knew was going to require our most dependable hands in goal - was questionable.

Martinez did the very same at Fulham earlier in the season, and while not a game of the same magnitude of the past weekend, still resulted in an elimination and which didn't start with the first choice in goal.

I'm not (necessarily) putting the blame on Robles for our elimination, but Martinez (as mentioned) has to take a degree of criticism for his actions. Seems he took another gamble - and lost - but that's who picks the team and makes the decisions.

Do you think if arsenal got beat they would have blamed Arden Wenger for playing there second choice keeper?

Who's Arden Wenger? :dont know:

If Fabianski would have been punching everything that came to him when he could have caught the ball, then yeah I think the Arsenal fans might of had a few things to say had they lost.