• McCarthy
    • Mirallas
    • Osman
    • Gerry
    • Lukaku
    • Naismith
    • McGeady
    • Barkley

Mike, can you edit this post with the updates from the season so far?

Yup.....sorry, was sleeping! Thanks for posting it.

Current Player of the Season totals...
James McCarthy...143
Ross Barkley...141
Kevin Mirallas...122
Gareth Barry...115
Seamus Coleman...108
Tim Howard...103
Leighton Baines...70
Romelu Lukaku...67
Steven Naismith...64
Steven Pienaar...56
Bryan Oviedo...54
Gerard Deulofeu...49
Sylvain Distin...47
Leon Osman...18
Antolin Alcaraz...14
John Stones...13
Phil Jagielka...13
Marouane Fellaini...10
Nikica Jelavic...3
Johnny Heitinga...2
Tony Hibbert...1
Arouna Kone...1
Joel Robles...1
Previous MOTM winners...
Arsenal (A)...Ross Barkley
West Ham (H)...James McCarthy
Chelsea (A)...James McCarthy
Swansea (H)...Steven Naismith
Tottenham (A)...Steven Naismith
West Ham (H)...Kevin Mirallas
Liverpool (A)...Kevin Mirallas
Stevenage (A)...Kevin Mirallas
West Brom (A)...Kevin Mirallas
Norwich (H)...Gareth Barry
Queens Park Rangers (H)...Bryan Oviedo
Stoke (A)...Leighton Baines
Southampton (H)...James McCarthy
Sunderland (H)...Bryan Oviedo
Swansea (A)...Seamus Coleman
Fulham (H)...Steven Pienaar
Arsenal (A)...Tim Howard
Man United (A)...Tim Howard & Bryan Oviedo tie
Stoke City (H)...Gerard Deulofeu
Liverpool (H)...Ross Barkley
Palace (A)...Tim Howard
Tottenham (H)...James McCarthy
Aston Villa (A)...Tim Howard
Hull City (H)...James McCarthy
Manchester City (A)...James McCarthy
Newcastle (H)...Romelu Lukaku
Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin
West Ham (A)...Leighton Baines
Chelsea (H)...Gareth Barry
Cardiff (A)...Ross Barkley
Stevenage (H)...Ross Barkley
West Brom (H)...Seamus Coleman
Norwich (A)...Ross Barkley
Edited by MikeO

coleman, he had the winner but more importantly he was back to form bombing the flanks. he also bailed us out back a couple times as well and helped stones defensively. glad he's fit again, we really need him. so many times we go on the left baines and pienaar and teams know that. it's great when seamus is going because they had to defend both flanks then and it opens up the middle.

If I'm honest, MOTM by miles was their keeper. Medium term replacement for Howard?

29 I think he is, could still have 6+ seasons in him!

I had high hopes for Joel too... at the moment I get nervous watching him play. He couldnt catch a cold.

Edited by AidanLewis

If I'm honest, MOTM by miles was their keeper. Medium term replacement for Howard?

I have watched their keeper before and he has made some really fundamental errors (but also some very good saves).

Its easier for a keeper to look better at a club at the lower end of the league, the best keepers are the ones that dont have much to do all game and then still pull off a worldie.

I have watched their keeper before and he has made some really fundamental errors (but also some very good saves).

Its easier for a keeper to look better at a club at the lower end of the league, the best keepers are the ones that dont have much to do all game and then still pull off a worldie.

Agree with Matt. Their keeper was boss.

sorry Bailey but I disagree. World class keepers give their side a chance by keeping them in the game, regardless of how little they've had to do. It was mentioned on MOTD; if Cardiff didn't have Marshall, they would likely be relegated already.

No keeper is without his faults, even the best made mistakes. At 29, he's coming into his prime and would be well worth a shout, along with Caulker and Noone (even if he has a quiet game this time round)

sorry Bailey but I disagree. World class keepers give their side a chance by keeping them in the game, regardless of how little they've had to do. It was mentioned on MOTD; if Cardiff didn't have Marshall, they would likely be relegated already.

No keeper is without his faults, even the best made mistakes. At 29, he's coming into his prime and would be well worth a shout, along with Caulker and Noone (even if he has a quiet game this time round)

But you see him keeping them in the game far more often that you would with someone like Cech or Hart. I used to be a keeper and I now how much easier it is to make a string of decent saves when your getting tested all game compared to when you are a spectator for 20-30 minutes at a time. I watched him in the Chelsea game (4-1) and he was caught out by a couple of really stupid errors (handling outside 18yard box), getting caught out near post, through his legs I think and wafting at thin air. They can happen but they shouldn't happen in the same game! I do get confused sometimes between him and McGregor (Hull) sometimes and the latter is far worse, but I don't think you should take one performance out of context. I'm not writing him off as a shit keeper, just don't think he is anything special from what I have seen of him so far.

Jeezus Matt you cant be using MOTD to back up your points. They are highlight watchers, they see him make a couple of great saves and then he is the next best thing since sliced bread and then he will make a howler and he is the worst keeper in the league!

But you see him keeping them in the game far more often that you would with someone like Cech or Hart. I used to be a keeper and I now how much easier it is to make a string of decent saves when your getting tested all game compared to when you are a spectator for 20-30 minutes at a time. I watched him in the Chelsea game (4-1) and he was caught out by a couple of really stupid errors (handling outside 18yard box), getting caught out near post, through his legs I think and wafting at thin air. They can happen but they shouldn't happen in the same game! I do get confused sometimes between him and McGregor (Hull) sometimes and the latter is far worse, but I don't think you should take one performance out of context. I'm not writing him off as a shit keeper, just don't think he is anything special from what I have seen of him so far.

Jeezus Matt you cant be using MOTD to back up your points. They are highlight watchers, they see him make a couple of great saves and then he is the next best thing since sliced bread and then he will make a howler and he is the worst keeper in the league!

wasnt using MOTD to back up my point, more pointing out that's how I felt anyway and they phrased it better.

I've seen him several times and, despite the occasional howler, been impressed. My dad even agrees with me on this and he never agrees with me! They weren't a string of decent saves, coming from a non-keeper everything that was on target he got to (bar the deflection and mis-kick), pushing the ball away from play. The shots from Mirallas and Lukaku (both the deflected shot which was a great reaction save, and the driving run and rasping shot) were more than decent in my opinion.

I'd also throw into his defence - the lad is under 90mins of pressure because of the ineptitude of what's going on in front of him. The fact he's made the most saves in the premiership is only due to the paper at defence in front of him; id be curious to see Cech, Hart or Lloris in Marshall's situation