IGNORED

Europa - yay or nay

Hafnia

Big time yeah for me. I want Everton back in Europe.

We'll most likely have games in the first round against minnows where we can play some kids. And that is a great experience for them.

It's going to take some careful Planning in the transfer market.

We need to be in Europe! !!

without a doubt yay!

if we aqre to have any ambition we need to want to win this competition.

it will give our squad players the chance to prove themselevs along with a few youngsters.

it is an attractive prospect for potential signings even though it is not the champions league. many players want to try themselves against other leagues.

If you asked the likes of Barkley and Stones if they would rather concentrate on the league position and miss out on Europa league... do you think they prefer not to enter?

we need this!

Couldn't answer this until we see what re-enforcements are made in the summer. If bill resorts to type then no I don't want it. If he surprises us and helps RM out then yes I would want us to really have a crack at it. RM has made several hints at the squad being stretched when we've played three games in seven days. This is when we have suffered in the league also.

Couldn't answer this until we see what re-enforcements are made in the summer. If bill resorts to type then no I don't want it. If he surprises us and helps RM out then yes I would want us to really have a crack at it. RM has made several hints at the squad being stretched when we've played three games in seven days. This is when we have suffered in the league also.

Think what I'm trying to say is its impossible to answer until it's too late maybe.

If we are just going to use it to play the kids and the fringe players then I hope we either don't qualify or get knocked out at the earliest opportunity but if we are going to take it seriously it's a resounding yes

I can't imagine that there is a single person that was at the Fiorentina game at Goodison the last time we were in Europe that doesn't want more

Besides if we are in the Europa I won't be as pissed off as I usually am when we capitulate in the League Cup

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Guest Nikica

Don't forget that the Europa League increases the possibility of long trips to Eastern Europe (as well as hot places like Cyprus) because teams from those countries feature more prominently there than in the CL. It's difficult to say, really.

I think we should give the Europa League the elbow. We have a great chance of finishing top four next season and we don't want to risk this by playing extra games every Thursday. Tottenham made exactly this mistake. Who wants to be travelling to some wasteland in deepest eastern Europe to play on a crap pitch in temperatures of -15?

I think we should give the Europa League the elbow. We have a great chance of finishing top four next season and we don't want to risk this by playing extra games every Thursday. Tottenham made exactly this mistake. Who wants to be travelling to some wasteland in deepest eastern Europe to play on a crap pitch in temperatures of -15?

Surely we can't give it "the elbow"? If we qualify we're in it like it or not (and I'd like it)......you suggesting we should throw the last two games and hope United and Spurs overtake us?

Everton

Who says we won't bring in 5 new players? Obviously not 5 Messi's, but I think Martinez' intention has to been to bring in players this summer regardless of whether Everton finished 1st or 10th. It's no CL, but Europa does have its own financial rewards which will help offset costs.

I think we need to get some sort of perspective here. Many are going on about how gutted they are at the lack of progress against Palace and Soton and how we were outplayed etc. This is the end of a long season...we have ageing players, Distin, Osman, Barry who are really struggling. This will get worse in Europa League...Thursday games in forgotten backwaters of civilisation with a paper-thin squad is asking for trouble without a significant increase in playing numbers. We are certainly not ready for CL with the talent we have available at present.

It's easy to say 'Oh Bobby will get in 5/6 players and we'll be right". What bollocks! 5/6 players from where? How do we pay for them? Bring 5/6 players in on free transfers? What are we going to get? We're at our limit already of loan players I believe. Bringing in youngsters and blooding them in Latvia or Turkmenistan in November is not the answer.

With the squad we have now and the addition of Garbutt and our loaned out players next Prem season will be a bloodbath.

Let's get a bit of a reality check here. Before this season started many were writing us off with the new manager. Then as the season progressed hope was born that we could do well, maybe even CL. Now after 2 bad games many are writing Bobby off with the 'no plan B', and 'he got the tactics all wrong' stuff. Honestly, before the season started how many were saying 'we'll be happy to finish in the top half'? Until a week or so ago we were in the running for a CL place....now Europa is probably the best we can do. This is not failure!

However, Europa will see us really struggle next season. I'm not a doomsayer, just a realist. I really do hope I'm wrong or that the fairy godmother with the money wand appears from stage-left and saves the day.

I think we need to get some sort of perspective here. Many are going on about how gutted they are at the lack of progress against Palace and Soton and how we were outplayed etc. This is the end of a long season...we have ageing players, Distin, Osman, Barry who are really struggling. This will get worse in Europa League...Thursday games in forgotten backwaters of civilisation with a paper-thin squad is asking for trouble without a significant increase in playing numbers. We are certainly not ready for CL with the talent we have available at present.

It's easy to say 'Oh Bobby will get in 5/6 players and we'll be right". What bollocks! 5/6 players from where? How do we pay for them? Bring 5/6 players in on free transfers? What are we going to get? We're at our limit already of loan players I believe. Bringing in youngsters and blooding them in Latvia or Turkmenistan in November is not the answer.

With the squad we have now and the addition of Garbutt and our loaned out players next Prem season will be a bloodbath.

Let's get a bit of a reality check here. Before this season started many were writing us off with the new manager. Then as the season progressed hope was born that we could do well, maybe even CL. Now after 2 bad games many are writing Bobby off with the 'no plan B', and 'he got the tactics all wrong' stuff. Honestly, before the season started how many were saying 'we'll be happy to finish in the top half'? Until a week or so ago we were in the running for a CL place....now Europa is probably the best we can do. This is not failure!

However, Europa will see us really struggle next season. I'm not a doomsayer, just a realist. I really do hope I'm wrong or that the fairy godmother with the money wand appears from stage-left and saves the day.

don't need the fairy godmother when we have funds that were not spent in January. FFS how does bill do this to some fans. You do remember the funds not spent don't you? He's like an old Derran Brown

don't need the fairy godmother when we have funds that were not spent in January. FFS how does bill do this to some fans. You do remember the funds not spent don't you? He's like an old Derran Brown

Do you honestly think that the funds not spent are going to get us enough players of the quality we need not just to have a good shot at Europa but to maintain our position in the PL as well? Remember, the players are needed as EXTRA not instead of.

Honestly, I don't think Osman has any more time left in him. Much as I hate to say it, Barry is looking the same too. I noticed in the Palace game his legs were gone 20 mins before the end....couldn't sprint, could hardly turn. Lukaku is the laziest shit God ever put on a football field...only plays when he wants to. Good only every 2nd or 3rd game. These need to be replaced before 5/6 more are required for the Europa campaign.

Europa does have its own financial rewards which will help offset costs.

True, it does, but you need the players to start the season, not part way into it when we have more funds.

Honestly guys, I really would like to see us back in Europe again, but it's not like it was in days of yore. Then pure talent could get you by...not any more. It takes wads of cash to be successful in 2 long-running competitions let alone the distractions of the FA Cup and Capital One Cup.

Why do people presume the Europa League wil have a detrimental effect on our League form when it has never done so in the past?

Roberto doesnt take the domestic cup competitions seriously when it comes to team selections anyway so I dont think the extra games would have that big an impact

We need to be in Europe its that simple, if we can be in either European competition consistently for a few seasons it massively raises the profile of the club, I can't wait for Europe next season I purposely haven't booked a holiday in September like I usually do so I can save my money to go an get shot at in Ukraine!!