IGNORED

World Cup...

Guest Nikica

Our American friends must be happy so far. Good defensive organisation, narrowing the pitch. Beasley has looked rather shaky though.

agreed. what a save by tim howard, that was amazing. great goal as well, that's why dempsey is my favorite american player.

we need to attack more and relieve the pressure on our back 4. ghana's back 4 is very weak, their left back is a winger! we need to score another to take the game away, otherwise i can see it going to a draw.

Beckerman's had a great game. He's been everywhere.

Was thinking the same thing.

Brooks looked promising as well. He looks huge and scored the goal on a header from a set piece obviously. But he made a couple of clearances as well on crosses and one attempted through ball. And he passed the ball forward right through the middle as well which means he's confident (could have just passed it sideways to the full back and not risk passing it by any opposition defenders) and has the ability. The USA were mostly defending in deep areas so I couldn't really judge whether he's fast too. I liked him, left footed too. Howard will be spending a couple of weeks with him as well, so he'll know a thing or two about his character.

And congratulations, yanks btw! Hopefully we'll meet in the round of 16, though I think you'll have to play a bit better to beat Portugal.

My sons will be pleased, but, honestly, I didn't think the US deserved to win. Ghana are a good team and deserved at least a draw. But, with Portugal struggling, maybe the stars are aligning for the US team.

did you see their game against germany? they were terrible. Pepe with a Red Card, Coentrao injured, alameda injured, and ronaldo was gassed. I fancy our chances.

Yeah, they didn't look good but they were playing Germany (who are my favourites to win it all, along with France). Just saying you're probably going to have to create more chances than you did today. Portugal's goalkeeper did look like shit though, unlike yours ;)

Just got back from a viewing party at a park in Chicago and about 20K people went absolutely nuts went Brooks scored the winner. I had a good feeling about the corner and took out my phone to record and got some footage :). Hey sometimes it is better to be lucky than good but then again, injuries derailed the US' plans. Hope Portugal plays like crap again and we regroup for Sunday

Nikica Jelavic

Jo

Tim Cahill

Baines, Barkley, Jagielka,

Segundo Castillo

Phillipe Senderos

Joseph Yobo

Tim Howard

Shkodran Mustafi

Marouane Fellaini, Kevin Mirallas, Romelu Lukaku

15 in total, although it feels like a lot more because we've been linked to so many of them over the last few seasons.

Daniel Amokachi is Nigerias assistant manager as well.