IGNORED

World Cup...

Guest Nikica

I don't blame Scolari for his comment. He is Brazil's manager, and someone might actually shoot him for saying it was not a penalty. Referees, though, have to do their job. If they fear for their lives (and they do in that part of the world), then allow for reviews by anonymous fourth officials. It's a travesty to allow such blatant cheating to take place.

One thing not really mentioned, that happened last night, was the inclusion of this;

140612173841-world-cup-spray-2-story-top

Which I think is a fantastic idea. Great for controlling players when the refs back is turned. Don't know why it hasn't been introduced before and definitely think that the Premier League can benefit from having it.

Complete and utter joke the refereeing last night - sorry but it was as close to corrupt as i've seen. The ref was that fearful of making an error on a 50/50 decision in favour of Croatia that he assigned a 70/30 mindset to Brazil - and boy did they take advantage of that, throwing themselves over, play acting, throwing elbows the lot.

The more I look back on the game, the more I'm shocked. Just read where the ref refused to explain the decision in English (and only in Japanese).

Excellent summary by Croatia's Corluka:

“I have never seen a referee in a World Cup that doesn’t speak English. It is quite amazing. He was trying to speak to the players in Japanese. It is ridiculous. He was speaking Japanese but no one could understand him because we don’t have Japanese players.”

One thing not really mentioned, that happened last night, was the inclusion of this;

140612173841-world-cup-spray-2-story-top

Which I think is a fantastic idea. Great for controlling players when the refs back is turned. Don't know why it hasn't been introduced before and definitely think that the Premier League can benefit from having it.

Seen it used once before in a tournament; think it was in the under twenty World Cup last year, agree it's a good idea.

Not watching it but sounds like a few more dreadful decisions by the officials in the Mexico/Cameroon match (though as my half time prediction was goalless I can live with it B)).

Two goals by Giovanni dos Santos wrongly disallowed. Mexico 1-0 up now anyways. Dos Santos playing really well, as he always seems to do for Mexico on the big tournaments. Wouldn't mind Roberto looking at that Hector Herrera lad from Porto btw, love how he's playing.

Not watching it but sounds like a few more dreadful decisions by the officials in the Mexico/Cameroon match (though as my half time prediction was goalless I can live with it B)).

You didn't miss anything. It wasn't a stellar game and the refereeing was indeed mistaken again. This time around, it didn't change the outcome of the game, but it definitely could have.