IGNORED

We've qualified for Europe!

This competition should be our main aim with the winner guaranteed to be in Champions League playoff (seeded so should get an easier game than if 4th in League qualification).

If the Champions League winner is already qualified through their league (which it usually is,it would be a place straight into the group stages.

This is now a better route than 4th place (which no longer guaranteed if winner is from England outside of top 4, which is a real possibility with the top 7 being so close).

This competition should be our main aim with the winner guaranteed to be in Champions League playoff (seeded so should get an easier game than if 4th in League qualification).

If the Champions League winner is already qualified through their league (which it usually is,it would be a place straight into the group stages.

This is now a better route than 4th place (which no longer guaranteed if winner is from England outside of top 4, which is a real possibility with the top 7 being so close).

I couldn't agree more! Europa must be a priority and we could knock Arsenal out of CL by winning as well (guessing they get 4th again). Plus the quality of teams I just feel we match up against and could beat.

I couldn't agree more! Europa must be a priority and we could knock Arsenal out of CL by winning as well (guessing they get 4th again). Plus the quality of teams I just feel we match up against and could beat.

I don't think the winner takes the 4th place position in the Champions League, I think its a place on it own.

Also, even if we don't win it, a good run in the Europa and 4th place in the league will give us better seeding so we would have to play someone like Villarreal like last time.

The reason we had such a bad playoff fixture last time was because we hadn't gained any 'Euro Points' towards the seedings, so we were against a top team, a good run this year, plus 4th place would mean it would be a lot easier to get to the money stage (group stage) of the Champions League.

Take this very much with a pinch of salt.

http://www.vamosmisevillafc.com/2014/05/26/uefa-se-plantea-sancionar-a-ucrania-y-las-plazas-de-champions-serian-para-sevilla-y-everton/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That last RT suggests sanctions posed by UEFA on Ukraine may mean CL league places going to Sevilla & @everton #efc #sevilla

We're not that lucky.

That was definitely last year. This year Seville are 1st seed and Europa and we are 2nd seed so I suppose it should go to us if both teams are banned. Maybe they really want Man Utd in Europa (like the Liverpool situation when they were 5th), so they give us the place to bend the rules for them!

That was definitely last year. This year Seville are 1st seed and Europa and we are 2nd seed so I suppose it should go to us if both teams are banned. Maybe they really want Man Utd in Europa (like the Liverpool situation when they were 5th), so they give us the place to bend the rules for them!

On what basis are we "second seed"? As far as I can see there are around forty teams qualified who have a higher UEFA coefficient than we do :huh:.

Some of the most notable opposition we'll be up against....

Olympic Lyonnais, PSV Eindhoven, Club Brugge, Inter Milan, Villarreal, FC Twente, Rapid Vienna (we'll do them in the final :P!), Fiorentina, Dynamo Kiev, Wolfsburg, Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Monchengladbach.

Some decent clubs there but nothing to be afraid of.....bookies have us at 20/1 to win the thing, might be worth a few quid :).

On what basis are we "second seed"? As far as I can see there are around forty teams qualified who have a higher UEFA coefficient than we do :huh:.

Sorry, 2nd seed was probably the wrong way of putting it.

We are the 2nd qualified team.

This year, Spanish was top seeded league so their highest placed Europa qualify has qualified 1st in the Europa Group Stages (Seville), English League is 2nd and the same applies.

If you work the places using UEFA coefficient points, Spurs would probably be higher than us (cant be bothered to check), but they couldn't put them in the Champions League instead of us, it wouldn't make sense.

If they use the point system, Lyon would qualify for Champions League (instead of being in the 3rd Qualifying Round of Europa). They would also go ahead of Saint-Étienne who finished above them in League using the points system. They couldn't use that way of doing it, so the only way that makes sense is doing it in the order the teams qualified (Seville and Us).

Edited by markiediow

"A cracking rumour, sparked by a report on a Spanish website, suggesting that UEFA would be removing all Ukrainian clubs from European competition next season — with Everton a beneficiary of a Champions League place — because of the unrest there has been quashed. Twitter lit up when plazadeportiva.com and a since-removed Twitter account reported that Sevilla, Valencia and Everton would be handed CL places after Ukraine's clubs were withdrawn but there is no truth the story."

"A cracking rumour, sparked by a report on a Spanish website, suggesting that UEFA would be removing all Ukrainian clubs from European competition next season — with Everton a beneficiary of a Champions League place — because of the unrest there has been quashed. Twitter lit up when plazadeportiva.com and a since-removed Twitter account reported that Sevilla, Valencia and Everton would be handed CL places after Ukraine's clubs were withdrawn but there is no truth the story."

now that would be sensational

Some of the most notable opposition we'll be up against....

Olympic Lyonnais, PSV Eindhoven, Club Brugge, Inter Milan, Villarreal, FC Twente, Rapid Vienna (we'll do them in the final :P!), Fiorentina, Dynamo Kiev, Wolfsburg, Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Monchengladbach.

Some decent clubs there but nothing to be afraid of.....bookies have us at 20/1 to win the thing, might be worth a few quid :).

Add to this all the champions league clubs that finish 3rd in the group stages.

Spanish clubs and English clubs should be well positioned to win this competition if they treat it seriously from the beginning to the end. After 1/4 finals it gets tough, and that games will be great to watch. 2014 quarter finals:

- AZ v Benfica

- Olympique Lyonnais v Juventus

- Basel v Valencia

- Porto v Sevilla

I honestly feel Everton can beat any of those on a given night.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-manager-roberto-martinez-7225378

Not quite sure I agree that we are ready for it, not when we have such a small squad and no decent forwards

"An extended run in the Capital One Cup too would see the Blues playing twice most weeks throughout the first half of the season..."

Never agreed with it before but I think on this occasion we should follow what other clubs have done and play the reserves in it.