IGNORED

Samuel Eto'o

He's a classact. The biy epitomises what we have been missing at this club for years now.

Everything he says about us shows he's really taken us to his heart and the fans are now taking him to theres.

Said it close season, this lad could be Martinez most important signing for us.

Happy to get my humble pie on. Very happy with how he has reacted and his statements.

Hold my hands up, I judged based on media input. Apologies Samuel, may your attitude and effort continue :)

Love Everton fans sometimes, we're always happy to be proved wrong and welcome players in, well most are.

Only came into his own today when he wasn't the main man. Maybe he didn't know his role? Because in the first half he drifted everywhere and he struggled to make an impact for me. But once Lukaku was on and he was put on the right he was a threat and linked up well.

He's definitely better behind the front man where he can drift around a lot more.

He looked good at times, more so when he didn't have to be the lone front man.

Wrong end of his career to be the line front man.

Only came into his own today when he wasn't the main man. Maybe he didn't know his role? Because in the first half he drifted everywhere and he struggled to make an impact for me. But once Lukaku was on and he was put on the right he was a threat and linked up well.

Yep, my sentiments exactly

• 3 weeks later...

There's such a massive difference in his performances when he comes off the bench in comparison to when he starts.

please explain more. do you think he's better bench or start? i though he had a good match today but faded late. he was great defending and moving the ball forward, had a really nice back heel to lukaku.

i like him both ways, think he's class, just can't play a full 90.

please explain more. do you think he's better bench or start? i though he had a good match today but faded late. he was great defending and moving the ball forward, had a really nice back heel to lukaku.

i like him both ways, think he's class, just can't play a full 90.

I think he's been far better coming off the bench, a game changer, but not as good when he starts. I thought he was fairly anonymous tonight.

I think he's been far better coming off the bench, a game changer, but not as good when he starts. I thought he was fairly anonymous tonight.

I agree to be honest.

With the exception of the Burnley game he's been a bit hit and miss when he's started.

He's been great though. Can't wait for us to announce he's signed up until 2016 or something he's someone I would love to see around the club for many years after he hangs up his boots in a coaching capacity.

The guy is a winner and he brings that mentality to us. He is the only one we have and we should realise and appreciate that in him.

I agree to be honest.

With the exception of the Burnley game he's been a bit hit and miss when he's started.

He's been great though. Can't wait for us to announce he's signed up until 2016 or something he's someone I would love to see around the club for many years after he hangs up his boots in a coaching capacity.

The guy is a winner and he brings that mentality to us. He is the only one we have and we should realise and appreciate that in him.

i agree with this. have to wonder if other teams will be in for him as well, might be tough to lock him down with others seeing he's still got it when used in the right way. hope he falls in love with everton and mentoring romelu, we need him here.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Guest millwallforever

"he doesn't get to weigh up anything unless we say he can.

That's what Pool said, all the while Suarez was singing the praises of La Liga. Eto'o and his agent will do whatever suits them.