IGNORED

Landon Donovan

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he was awesome, England will have a tough game if he and Tim are examples to the USA squad. Caught sight of Dempsey too, he looks quite tricky.

Im trying to not get my hopes up, but he was talking about how he would consider extending his stay. I would be over the moon if we were to sign him. Just imagine what he will be like when hes 100% up to EPL speed!

I thought he was awesome, England will have a tough game if he and Tim are examples to the USA squad. Caught sight of Dempsey too, he looks quite tricky.

Im trying to not get my hopes up, but he was talking about how he would consider extending his stay. I would be over the moon if we were to sign him. Just imagine what he will be like when hes 100% up to EPL speed!

If anyone is on facebook you can join him as a fan (not a friend) and see his regular updates which are cool, below are his latest two:(sorry if anyone has already posted this, I couldn't bothered trawling through 4 pages)

Landon Donovan 17/1/2010 Good evening from a slightly warmer England! I've spent the day resting and recovering from an incredible game last night. That was in the top 5 of the most memorable games in my career. Thank you so much to all the Everton fans for making me feel right at home! It's been nice to enjoy the victory today but tomorrow we start preparing for Birmingham in the FA Cup. Goodnight

Landon Donovan 21/1/10 Just watched American Idol, what a great show! I wish I could watch it live but I'm ok with waiting for a few days as long as it keeps entertaining me this way!!! Birmingham City on Saturday, can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Says in the articles about sorting it out after the world cup. if that's the case I hope he has a nightmare world cup, otherwise his price is likely to go up. I think if we got Donovan for £3mil, it would be a bargain. Would like to see it happen, permanent move I mean, he's impressed with his work rate so far, and I think with a bit more time in the Prem, he could be a really good signing for us.

Brand new contract in fact through 2013 and on about 1.8 million US a year. £3 mil is going nowhere. He's available, but the price is going to be £8-10 depending on the World Cup. We could put a bid in now but it would just be laughed off. The MLS may generally be crap in footballing terms, but they do know their business.

Brand new contract in fact through 2013 and on about 1.8 million US a year. £3 mil is going nowhere. He's available, but the price is going to be £8-10 depending on the World Cup. We could put a bid in now but it would just be laughed off. The MLS may generally be crap in footballing terms, but they do know their business.

Yeah there was an American journalist on the radio the other day saying Donovan is available but, the MLS will want around $10 million which is around £6 million which is alot for us...........

3 million is a joke. He's definitely worth around 6. Honestly, I don't know that I can see MLS letting him go for less than that; he is not only one of the best players in the league, he's the face of the league. He's worth so much more than his ability to both the league and the LA Galaxy, he embodies the footballing spirit the league is trying to create. However, I hope they do sell and I hope we find the funds.

Latest Facebook update for those interested!

Landon Donovan Good evening! I've spent most of the day sleeping...I was exhausted after yesterday's game. The field at Wigan isn't in the best shape and it was really heavy on our legs. That was a really important win for us, thanks to a great goal by Tim. I've been hearing all about the derby since the day I arrived so I'm really excited for Saturday! Goodnight and thanks for all the love.

I really hope we sign donovan. I think it's clear he wants to stay. I was reading over on the MLS's forums, that donovan has nothing left back in america. http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1301524

''There's nothing left for him here. Wife gone. Perennial golden boot, mvp, athlete of the year etc... It's only been a couple of games so we'll see. Not sure he's doing quite as well as the media is leading on to believe but he still can be proud.''

So even the yanks think he hasn't got much left.

Yeah would be beautiful...but wasn't all this 3 million biz first said by The People. Why are we reading into this? What irks me is the commentary I've heard from pundits suggesting he's doing well but perhaps we're not the club for him. Like the move to the Prem is the right step but not actually with us. I for one think he fits our system/style very well, and will only get better. In terms of settling in for an offensive player, I'm sure he's blown peoples expectations out of the water.

Damn I'm tired of this Big Club Little Club rhetoric

Yeah would be beautiful...but wasn't all this 3 million biz first said by The People. Why are we reading into this? What irks me is the commentary I've heard from pundits suggesting he's doing well but perhaps we're not the club for him. Like the move to the Prem is the right step but not actually with us. I for one think he fits our system/style very well, and will only get better. In terms of settling in for an offensive player, I'm sure he's blown peoples expectations out of the water.

Damn I'm tired of this Big Club Little Club rhetoric

Maybe he's improved a lot in one year but it seems to me that his "failure" at Munich last year proves that Everton are a great club for him. Right there behind the CL teams but on any given day good enough to have a chance to beat them.

Edited by holystove

Woah woah hang on a minute, hes had one maybe two half decent games and all of a sudden everybody wants to sign him. He was very quiet against Wigan, in fact i didnt realise he was playing, ??

Only going by MOTD when he was never mentioned once, But i think we need to let DM make that decision, when he's seen him over a much longer period.

My opinion on saha will never be swayed on one hand reasonable prem striker who was cheap on other hand injury prone mercinary. After the quotes about required wages at 60k a week he can seriously go jump. Moyes isn't too worried as saha can now sign a pre-contract with ither clubs. I would rather have beckford than saha.