IGNORED

Kopite Thread

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Says £68m in the places I’ve seen it reported. Not that that difference makes him cheap like :lol: 

75m euro i was looking at.  yeah either way its stupid money for a keeper.  not even proven in the PL either.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

i've lost all respect for the man, he talked the talk and walked the walk at dortmund but he's become just another douchebag at the red shite.  hilarious quote though, thanks i needed a laugh

They are going to push City for the title this season, don't try kid yourselves that they aren't. They have gone out and bought first team starters to demote those they already had down to the bench. Its exactly what we should be doing. They aren't far off winning something unfortunately. Hope I'm massively wrong but they have seriously progressed.

• 2 weeks later...

There is an article about Klopp in today's Telegraph Sport.   As is their style, the Telegraph extract bits from the article and highlight them in larger type.  They highlighted the following and printed it in red.   'People will say I am weak or a bad loser or a whiner.  I am not.  I accept it.'    He then goes on to whine and be a bad loser in the full page article.  The article starts with four 'bullet points':  Klopp

* Described Ramos as a 'wrestler' and also hit out at the defender for his post-match comments.

* Criticised Serbian referee Milorad Mazic for his decisions in the game.

* Revealed Germany legend Franz Beckenbauer alerted him to Karius's concussion.

* Claimed Liverpool would still have moved for 65 million goalkeeper Allisson this summer regardless of Karius' performance.

When I started reading the article I thought I was in for a good laugh but it was too embarrassing to laugh at.  A quote from the article re the Franz Beckenbauer incident.

'Two days after the game Franz Beckenbauer called me and he started with 'your goalkeeper had concussion'.  I said 'what'?  He said 'I've spoken with (renowned Bayern Munich doctor) Dr Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfart and he said 'I knew immediately in the situation that he had concussion when Ramos hit him'.   It goes on in the same vein for a whole page.  However, on the issue of Klopp complaining about the money other clubs spend on transfers and claiming he would never stoop so low there is only silence.

Volleyed United everywhere last night 4-1. Liverpool are playing in the States in front of a crowd of 101,000 against Man U and we are getting dry bummed by Blackburn and Rennes. The gulf between us is absolutely massive.

liverpool will run away with the league this year.

23 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Volleyed United everywhere last night 4-1. Liverpool are playing in the States in front of a crowd of 101,000 against Man U and we are getting dry bummed by Blackburn and Rennes. The gulf between us is absolutely massive.

liverpool will run away with the league this year.

Pad you got the number for the Samaritans, because if things weren’t bad enough you’ve just made me want to kill my self. 

Cheers 🍻 

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Pad you got the number for the Samaritans, because if things weren’t bad enough you’ve just made me want to kill my self. 

Cheers 🍻 

In all seriousness, it absolutely highlights the gulf in class of the two set ups. We laugh when Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho go but in reality they have made massive profits on them- why aren’t we spotting players like this, why do their scouting network keep finding players like this- ok they move on but 8mil for Coutinho to sell him for over a hundred!!! Even the way they get deals done- breaks on Sky they are in for Alliaon, he’s signed the next morning. We are utterly light years behind them in every single way. We were close to them a while back, finishing above them now we are in a different universe to them and the ironic thing is we’ve spent more money now to be this far behind that we didcwjen we were competing with them. It makes me feel sick.

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

In all seriousness, it absolutely highlights the gulf in class of the two set ups. We laugh when Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho go but in reality they have made massive profits on them- why aren’t we spotting players like this, why do their scouting network keep finding players like this- ok they move on but 8mil for Coutinho to sell him for over a hundred!!! Even the way they get deals done- breaks on Sky they are in for Alliaon, he’s signed the next morning. We are utterly light years behind them in every single way. We were close to them a while back, finishing above them now we are in a different universe to them and the ironic thing is we’ve spent more money now to be this far behind that we didcwjen we were competing with them. It makes me feel sick.

They were linked with Allison months ago and they had supposedly completed Fekir months ago but it never happened. Same with Van Dijk which happened eventually.

I agree with everything else you have said but every club is taking time to complete deals, not just us.

They have just as many duds as the rest of the league. Also they've still not got a back up plan for if Firminio gets injured, haven't bought a decent striker since suarez left and took years to address central defence, keeper, left back and a powerful midfield. We've had money for 2 years whereas they've spunked it for 30 years. Yes, they are closer than ever to the top but I'd not copy their methods they've spent as much as the others yet have barely challenged bar one year were the refs gave them a record number of pens and even then they couldn't get it over the line. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

They were linked with Allison months ago and they had supposedly completed Fekir months ago but it never happened. Same with Van Dijk which happened eventually.

I agree with everything else you have said but every club is taking time to complete deals, not just us.

Difference is, they start negotiations before transfer window and either completing or giving up in the transfer window. Everton, on the other hand, eh whatever...

2 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

Difference is, they start negotiations before transfer window and either completing or giving up in the transfer window. Everton, on the other hand, eh whatever...

Which is easier to do when you have a settled manager and DoF which is something we have now.

9 hours ago, pete0 said:

They have just as many duds as the rest of the league. Also they've still not got a back up plan for if Firminio gets injured, haven't bought a decent striker since suarez left and took years to address central defence, keeper, left back and a powerful midfield. We've had money for 2 years whereas they've spunked it for 30 years. Yes, they are closer than ever to the top but I'd not copy their methods they've spent as much as the others yet have barely challenged bar one year were the refs gave them a record number of pens and even then they couldn't get it over the line. 

They don’t need much of a backup plan to Firmino when their wingers score more goals than most strikers. That backup plan can just be “we have Salah and Mane.”

Cue “Salah’s not a winger” chants, but those are irrelevant to the point.

50 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

They don’t need much of a backup plan to Firmino when their wingers score more goals than most strikers. That backup plan can just be “we have Salah and Mane.”

Cue “Salah’s not a winger” chants, but those are irrelevant to the point.

I mean for when Firminio doesn't play, he's the most vital cog in their system. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

I mean for when Firminio doesn't play, he's the most vital cog in their system. 

Agree to disagree on that. Salah (35 in 59 for a pretty bad Egypt side) and Mane (1 in 3 for Senegal) score at near will. Firmino looked good but not great before last season. He works well in that system, but without those two, he’s not nearly as good.

5 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Agree to disagree on that. Salah (35 in 59 for a pretty bad Egypt side) and Mane (1 in 3 for Senegal) score at near will. Firmino looked good but not great before last season. He works well in that system, but without those two, he’s not nearly as good.

It's his movement they miss, it's top class. I'd imagine their stats and points drop considerably when he doesn't play, Salah was anonymous whenever I watched him without Firmino. I even said they wouldn't miss Coutinho as it is Firmino who is the real key man. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They've taken arrogance to a new high this season I think.

So much to say about us and "winning the transfer window" jibes.... the pricks think they've got the league wrapped up cos they have just won the "de bruyne is injured - let's pretend we are sorry to hear that so we look great fans when in reality we are rubbing our hands together" cup.

So much to say about us haven't they?  Surely we are far too insignificant to even mention when they have the best team they've had in 30 years?  Yes.... that's 30 years since they had a team good enough to win the league - they seem to forget that whilst taking shots at us being "deluded".

Has all the similarities of Man United taking pops at man city when they were noisy neighbours. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

They've taken arrogance to a new high this season I think.

So much to say about us and "winning the transfer window" jibes.... the pricks think they've got the league wrapped up cos they have just won the "de bruyne is injured - let's pretend we are sorry to hear that so we look great fans when in reality we are rubbing our hands together" cup.

So much to say about us haven't they?  Surely we are far too insignificant to even mention when they have the best team they've had in 30 years?  Yes.... that's 30 years since they had a team good enough to win the league - they seem to forget that whilst taking shots at us being "deluded".

Has all the similarities of Man United taking pops at man city when they were noisy neighbours. 

any other team would be destroyed by losing KDB.  City i don't think will even blink.  They have so many creative players who can pick a pass and assist in david silva, bernardo silva, mahrez, heck even the youngster phil foden.

6 minutes ago, hafnia said:

KDB will return and give them a boost too. 

agreed, going from strength to strength.  honestly the kopites have a great team and manager, but i just don't see them giving CIty any trouble.  their fullbacks are weak and GK is still a question mark (don't care how much he was, he needs to adapt and learn the new league and team, that can take time).  VVD is solid but matip is just average for me, i still think that back 5 is able to be exploited.  Plus the Burnleys and United and lower half teams that do a parked bus frustrate the hell out of klopp and get points.  whereas Pep is so used to that tactic he knows how to beat it.  Klopp just can't wrap his head around it, like he's missing that part of the brain or something (same thing martinez had).

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

any other team would be destroyed by losing KDB.  City i don't think will even blink.  They have so many creative players who can pick a pass and assist in david silva, bernardo silva, mahrez, heck even the youngster phil foden.

They just strolled past Chelsea and Arsenal without him but I think it will be the Spurs / Liverpool and possibly European games where they might feel it a little more but week in week out against the rest of the fodder they will stroll through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...