IGNORED

Kopite Thread

I think he and Lamport were both massively overrated. Great goalscorers but nowhere near the level of a 'great' player. They couldn't control a game but they could impact it. I think Dell Alli will go the same way as he stands on the periphery and then scores.

Think lampard is under rated. Good feet and read the game very well, and forced his own luck. Done my head in how many times he scored with a deflected shot.

That said, it should have been Scholes playing for England. Travesty that he was misused and retired from international football.

Edited by pete0

See I'd agree Mark but history shows players can do better at other teams, example: ald Wiggly Arms for the shite, wasn't great at Chelsea, became very good at Liverpool. Marcos Alonso, shite at Bolton and Sunderland, goes away, comes back looking brilliant!

Chelsea stock pile players, given a fair run of games I suspect this Salah to be decent, look at Cuadrado for Juve, superb for them, yetis considered a Chelsea flop.

See I'd agree Mark but history shows players can do better at other teams, example: ald Wiggly Arms for the shite, wasn't great at Chelsea, became very good at Liverpool. Marcos Alonso, shite at Bolton and Sunderland, goes away, comes back looking brilliant!

Chelsea stock pile players, given a fair run of games I suspect this Salah to be decent, look at Cuadrado for Juve, superb for them, yetis considered a Chelsea flop.

Also, don't forget that our current leading goal-scored is considered a Chelsea flop!

yeah i mean maybe more his style. cuadrado was quality but he's a winger that never scores, almost like a willian who does more assisting and defensive work. kinda a specialty player, so i get that people didn't think he worked. salah scores, has pace and can really dribble, but he can't defend/intercept which is klopps MO. great on the break with Mane and lallana and coutinho, but collectively that front line won't offer anything in terms of defending/pressing which is what klopp is all about.

i'm not bothered, i don't think he will be that impactful of a signing.

yeah i mean maybe more his style. cuadrado was quality but he's a winger that never scores, almost like a willian who does more assisting and defensive work. kinda a specialty player, so i get that people didn't think he worked. salah scores, has pace and can really dribble, but he can't defend/intercept which is klopps MO. great on the break with Mane and lallana and coutinho, but collectively that front line won't offer anything in terms of defending/pressing which is what klopp is all about.

i'm not bothered, i don't think he will be that impactful of a signing.

If that's their summer blockbuster signing then I'd be more than happy.

if true i will laugh, he's worth half that at best

from sky

Liverpool are preparing a bid of £40million for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, according to The Express.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is about to enter the last year of his contract at Arsenal.

The 23-year-old showed played right wing-back role towards the end of last season at Arsenal and is reportedly keen on trying to hold down a central midfield role.

if true i will laugh, he's worth half that at best

from sky

Liverpool are preparing a bid of £40million for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, according to The Express.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is about to enter the last year of his contract at Arsenal.

The 23-year-old showed played right wing-back role towards the end of last season at Arsenal and is reportedly keen on trying to hold down a central midfield role.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Firmino has now changed his number to 9 from 11 for Salah. Liverpool are offering a signature on the shirt for anyone who has Firmino 11, instead of changing it or refunding it they are offering a signature. Stay classy Liverpool.

This is how to treat your fans, take note Liverpool!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40383690

Yeah that's a great gesture by the owner, promised those who had season tickets in the lower leagues, that he would do it if they got to the Premier league, good on him for keeping his promise.

I registered on a Huddersfield forum earlier to express my admiration for it and reading through the thread it seems like a majority of people affected are donating their refund back to the club's trust (those who can afford to), so well done to them as well. Gone up in my estimation a lot today, hope they can stay up.