IGNORED

Swansea (Away) League Cup

bluenosetoffee

Guest rusty747

No, Pienaar didnt play. I was making a general comment about our squad. I like Pienaar but he is not the player he was. By the time both he and Barkley are back we could be well adrift in the bottom three.

Guest blueboy122

What hatred of Etoo? I said I had doubts about his attitude, serious doubts, when we were linked. Doubts diminished when I heard he took a big pay cut to join us, turning down other better (richer) offers. Diminished further in his first 2 cameos, his work rate was excellent. Palace and today, he wasn't good enough and did no better or worse than Lukaku did. Thats not a defence of either of them, they were both poor.

What hatred do I have for Lukaku? None I just think he isn't good enough.

The main difference is Eto isn't a liability with the ball and doesn't lose possession and Eto can control a pass without losing it.

If you can't see the obvious light years in quality between Lukaku and Eto I think you maybe mad!

Edited by blueboy122

Guest rusty747

I wish I was joking Newty but no, I am not. We have away games against RS and Man U, with a Europa League trip to Russia and a trick home game against Villa to come. I can see us getting twatted at RS and ManU and maybe getting a point at home to Villa. That will leave us with 6 points from 8 league games - well and truly relegation form.

I wish I was joking Newty but no, I am not. We have away games against RS and Man U, with a Europa League trip to Russia and a trick home game against Villa to come. I can see us getting twatted at RS and ManU and maybe getting a point at home to Villa. That will leave us with 6 points from 8 league games - well and truly relegation form.

Man Utd? Playing shite. RedShite? Playing shite. Villa? Naff all special about them.

We ain't setting the world alight, but please cut the dramatics.

Take each game as it comes. This one meant nothing. Martinez has used it to have a look at a few players and give some match practice to others. That's not to say I don't criticise the team for other performances this season. But the reactions to tonight...nah, not for me.

Just got back, in all fairness it was shit! But then what was expecting from that line up. Swansea put out a strong team, we didn't. Besic played well, but he needs a bit of time to bed in, atsu was good first half, but disappeared the second half. Mcgeady was poor. Can't see hibbert playing for us again, he got torn a new one! Every time we got any where near their box we just turned and passed back and around the edge. We had no one pressing forward in midfield. Lukaku was very disappointing when he came on and got shoved off the ball a few times, he needs to Man up! But hey if it means we beat the shite on Saturday then I'll gladly take that result tonight.

Edited by mogsy

Firstly I only caught the first 20 of the game..

Secondly I've read most the post and got the jist that we were utter shit and a few individual errors again cost us dearly.

I never like to see us lose. Be it a friendly, capital one cup or even a dead rubber, I just hate it. However I think this game was used to get minutes into some of the lesser run lads hoping to have them upto speed for when Europa/PL/FA Cup games are coming thick and fast... That's the only positive I can look for because we will need them!

The third goal for me that Howard is getting Slated on I find hard, ball has come through a crowd of bodies and really the defence should not be letting them get shots away so easily.

There's too much slating of players going on for me, they have been poor, they know, we know it and everyone here is entitled to say what they feel and mostly the criticism is due but we need to get behind them before the derby!

Thank you. Beaten at his near post AGAIN. 3rd was exactly the same. Why can't people see this. It fucking infuriates me!!

Because he wasn't beaten for that goal at the near post mate, it was the far lost.

He marked the near post and the ball got squared to the far post and put in.

He even managed to get a hand on it.

He was very poor the weekend but I am not sure how you can blame him for tonight.

Theres only one answer stop the rotation we need a settled team, I must admit im beginning to lose the faith in martinez.

ffs roberto play the best team available week in week out change only when someone is injured.

My thoughts exactly. We also offered him a new contract after one season. Everyone knows that's the honeymoon period.

What hatred do I have for Lukaku? None I just think he isn't good enough.

The main difference is Eto isn't a liability with the ball and doesn't lose possession and Eto can control a pass without losing it.

If you can't see the obvious light years in quality between Lukaku and Eto I think you maybe mad!

Never denied that, its expected considering the 12 years at the highest level experience he has over Lukaku. Though like I said, neither of them were doing anything well yesterday.

Maybe hatred was too harsh, considering the frustration. I apologize.

Edited by Matt

When I made my Eto'o comment about him being anonymous last night it wasn't even intended to be a snipe at Eto'o tbh. It was to highlight that he suffered with the same problems that Lukaku has when he's played - zero service and nothing to work with, so had to drop deeper and deeper just to remember what the ball felt like. Yes Lukaku's touch is shocking sometimes, but his main problems this season haven't been of his own doing.

When I made my Eto'o comment about him being anonymous last night it wasn't even intended to be a snipe at Eto'o tbh. It was to highlight that he suffered with the same problems that Lukaku has when he's played - zero service and nothing to work with, so had to drop deeper and deeper just to remember what the ball felt like. Yes Lukaku's touch is shocking sometimes, but his main problems this season haven't been of his own doing.

:worship[1]:

Thank fuck I'm not the only one. Thought I was going nuts...

Because he wasn't beaten for that goal at the near post mate, it was the far lost.

He marked the near post and the ball got squared to the far post and put in.

He even managed to get a hand on it.

He was very poor the weekend but I am not sure how you can blame him for tonight.

Which goal mate? The first shot came from the left to his left post as he sees it, that's his near post the 3rd came to his right post from the right as he sees it so they were both at his near post. He knows he should have done better as he smashed his fist to the floor. Edited by Paddock

In terms of service Lukaku needs to be played like Michael Owen was in his early Liverpool days. That is the only way we are going to get any real quality out of him.

Every time the ball was played into him it bounced off him or Williams just outmuscled him. It wasn't just the odd occassion, it was nigh on every time.

Lukaku will work best with through balls or balls hit across face of goal.

Martinez said Hibbert looked sharp? He was fine on the ball but he was up against a sprinter - what was RM thinking?

In terms of service Lukaku needs to be played like Michael Owen was in his early Liverpool days. That is the only way we are going to get any real quality out of him.

Every time the ball was played into him it bounced off him or Williams just outmuscled him. It wasn't just the odd occassion, it was nigh on every time.

Lukaku will work best with through balls or balls hit across face of goal.

Martinez said Hibbert looked sharp? He was fine on the ball but he was up against a sprinter - what was RM thinking?

we can finally agree on something regarding Lukaku :o:celebrate:

we can finally agree on something regarding Lukaku :o:celebrate:

Thats my biggest problem with him though Matt. Its a bit like spending a fortune on a range rover and having to accept the fact that you can't use it on muddy terrain - motorway cruising only. The problem is Martinez wants to live on a farm.

Thats my biggest problem with him though Matt. Its a bit like spending a fortune on a range rover and having to accept the fact that you can't use it on muddy terrain - motorway cruising only. The problem is Martinez wants to live on a farm.

I know mate (love the analogy, again). But if you buy a car for the motorway, make the most of it there and ask it to do minimal off-roading. You play to the strengths and get masses of rewards. Play to its weaknesses and you will get stuck in the mud. You need to manage your asset the correct way.

Edited by Matt

Which goal mate? The first shot came from the left to his left post as he sees it, that's his near post the 3rd came to his right post from the right as he sees it so they were both at his near post. He knows he should have done better as he smashed his fist to the floor.

The first one. It does come from the left and your right when it goes in it is his left hand, but I would say he needed to be marking the near post as the ball comes in which in turn meant the shot came in to his far post.

But I have no clue about goalkeeping to be fair so I may be a mile away haha.