IGNORED

Krasnodar (A) Europa

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

Stones is now undroppable. I never thought I would ever say this again but I thought Hibbo had a very solid game - a couple of great tackles, played intelligently against their pace and got well forward himself on a few occasions. Might be life in the old dog yet. Well done Hibbo.

In the end we fielded a considerably weaker team and managed to get a point, only really started playing in the last 15 which could be due to travel/atmosphere. Can't wait until they come to Goodison as we looked a class above in the last 15.. Shame we didnt sneak a winner but complain with the point! Stones MOM and must start from here on.

Shocking for 60-65 minutes and then we started to dominate for the rest of the game which is a positive. We recycled the ball far better, actually put some effort into winning the 2nd ball (Hibbert, Stones, McGeady and Barry especially) and got into some great positions without making the most of it until the goal.

Stones was an absolute monster. The number of great challenges, his desire to add some pace to our attack and the amount of times he covered Jags and Hibberts arse was incredible. He would have even cleared up after Jags for the goal if the latter didn't interfere with that touch.

Bringing on Lukaku at half time was a good move because he did very well whilst he was on the pitch. Eto'o will get the plaudits for the goal but look how Lukaku drags 2 defenders with him for the goal to create the space. Osman's influence in the last 30 mins shouldn't be underestimated either.

I don't know why we didn't make any more subs but in fairness the players I was slagging off actually pulled their finger out. I'm guessing we will see Besic start at the weekend!

Guest millwallforever

The key moment to me was when Wanderson failed to score.

In the end we fielded a considerably weaker team and managed to get a point, only really started playing in the last 15 which could be due to travel/atmosphere. Can't wait until they come to Goodison as we looked a class above in the last 15.. Shame we didnt sneak a winner but complain with the point! Stones MOM and must start from here on.

Easy to forget that Stones is only 20. Absolute beast of a player. Speaking as a Welshman it does make me laugh that Hodgson and England play him at RB. Put him straight in at CB with Cahill and you've got a complete, international CB that England have lacked for years.

Guest millwallforever

And before people give Moyes the credit for discovering him: Martinez probably spotted him first. Stones turned down Wigan for us. Thank god.

Easy to forget that Stones is only 20. Absolute beast of a player. Speaking as a Welshman it does make me laugh that Hodgson and England play him at RB. Put him straight in at CB with Cahill and you've got a complete, international CB that England have lacked for years.

Thought mcgeady was very good tonight.

Stones was possibly MoM ahead of him.

Have to give Lukaku credit tonight, he put them on the backfoot for the second half.

I also don't think we were lucky. From minute 63 on we looked a lot more confident and put them under a lot of pressure. We didn't create enough chances but we controlled the ball from that point and deserved our goal.

Stones a clear motm for me, I said before the start of the prem opener that any game Hibbo and Osman start together a win will be hard to come by. Hibbo though had a solid game tonight, Osman was excellent at being fucking useless again.

Happy with a draw but after tonight it highlights how shit our squad really are. I hate to say it but I had such high hopes at the start of the season, it's only just turned October and I'm fearing the worst. It's not just the results but the level or standard our performances are at.

Something needs to change soon.

To sum up my feelings watching us for this game (other than last 10 minutes)...boring.

We just lacked any creativity and 'oomph'. The most creative player on the pitch was McGeady. And I'm not sure we use him right, as in, get him involved enough to use his pace and skill to our advantage. Atsu has a lot of convincing to do. It was all a bit flat and lethargic from the team.

I think we set up for a draw. With Hibbo (did ok but limited), Gibson (will get better with game time), Osman (useful but so lightweight and slow now) and Atsu (tbc) starting, 1-1 is a good result. Happy with that.

Just wondering if all the player changes at the moment are having an impact on the fluency of our play.

We need to move the ball from the back with more pace. Use the pacey wingers properly and allow lukaku to steamroll through the middle.

Not a bad night overall.