IGNORED

Burnley

markjazzbassist

Not overly impressed with this at half time. Expected a bit better.

I'm liking Eto'o behind the striker. He is making some intelligent moves, nice link up play etc.

Not keen on having both Naismith and Osman as the wider of the 3. Doesn't fit well as they both want to drift in centrally. Nothing against them but at least one needs to be a natural wide man.

We started off real well but are again looking clumsy and panicked at the back.

We have looked like we want to move it forward quicker than we have in the last few games. Maybe just settle it a bit and build up slightly slower from the back.

Had a horrid feeling when Ings went through on goal that he'd draw Howard out and go down (as Ki did last year) so we'd be down to ten. Was quite relieved to "just" concede the goal actually.

I'd add Ossie to the list of players having a decent game, but why in the hell are we so sloppy. Again?

Despite the fact that Lukaku gifted them their goal, they deserved it as there was a good 15 minute spell where they were on top of us. I was hoping Lukaku would atone for his mistake, otherwise I was afraid he would start hogging the ball and just shoot it whenever he got into any kind of position so I'm happy he has. I really hope we can get a 3rd asap and kill off this game.

Guest millwallforever

Burnley will throw everything they got at us during the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half. If they get a goal, this encounter could go either way. Luckily for us, they look shaky at the back. Barkley should come on for Ossie or Naismith.

We've played well in dribs and drabs. Both goals were beautifully worked. Rom made up for a horrendous error, which is exactly what you want a player to do when they've messed up.

Finish the job in the second half, boys, three points is a must.

yup. I'd like to see whoever is playing AMC dropping back to get the ball from Barry and not our striker but despite that, unacceptable from Rom but as Mark says, responded well to make up for it. Doesn't matter how they go in so long as they go in. Edited by Matt

Interesting little stat from twitter:

Romelu Lukaku has now scored 36 goals in the Premier League since 2012/13. Only Suarez (54), Van Persie (40) and Aguero (38) have more

Of course I want him to continue to improve his overall game as he can be poor with his touch/passes at times but I hope he continues this trend

Guest millwallforever

yup. I'd like to see whoever is playing AMC dropping back to get the ball from Barry and not our striker but despite that, unacceptable from Rom but as Mark says, responded well to make up for it. Doesn't matter how they go in so long as they go in.

One thing is Romelu's error. Another is how easily they managed to play Ings through. And Howard literally gave up; more concerned with not conceding a penalty.

Edited by millwallforever

For gods sake, don't let another thread descend into infantile bickering so it has to be closed again!

Haf is entitled to highlight Rom fucking up to gift them a goal to prove his point. He's bang on with it in this case. But he's also pleased Rom made up for his error. So what the hell is the problem?!

Edited by Romey 1878