Liverpool (A)...John Stones

Swansea (A)...Muhamed Besic

Crystal Palace (H)...Leighton Baines

Wolfsburg (H)...Tim Howard

West Brom (A)...Romelu Lukaku

Chelsea (H)...Kevin Mirallas

Arsenal (H)...Steven Naismith

Leicester (A)...Steven Naismith

Goal and an assist so it's gotta be big Rom.

Special mention for Garbutt and McGeady though; I thought they were both fantastic.

Yeah agree

Really impressed by Garbutt he looked very assured hopefully see more of him from now on and glad McGeady bar his glaring miss had a good game he has it in him he just needs to be more consistent

Lukaku showed both sides of his game with the opener he had me pulling my hair with that first touch attempt then he got going and showed why he's such a valued player his finishing infront of goal is top draw

Jagielka for me, thought that was his best game so far this season.

Everyone played pretty well on the whole and Lukaku showed his class at times today. McGeady disappointed me a little, he put in a real shift which was really good to see but just fucked things up when it was easier to finish them off. Talented but so frustrating.

Could be anyone from Jags, Garbutt, Distin and Lukaku. Jags didn't put a foot wrong tonight where as Distin was immense defensively but gave the ball away a few times. Considering it was his first real competitive game, Garbutt was quality. I really like the look of him. Tall, strong, quick and an excellent left foot. His corner in the 1st half was our best one this season. Anyone notice he didn't take another one after his first 2? Strange. Chuffed for Lukaku though and showed tonight that if you give him a 1 on 1 he will finish it. Yes, his touch isn't great but we paid 28 million for goals and that's what we got tonight. Ohh and he's only 21! The big guy gets my vote!

If you thought Lukaku isn't a great footballing talent, this is the stuff he's been doing a lot lately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em2enSWnfl4

I think everyone is in agreement that last night he had a good game - just as he did against Lille at Goodison. The reality is that after the Lille game he kinda went back to being pedestrian and his touch was poor against Sunderland.

Great footballing talent is what I would call Ross Barkley - he needs to get his head right.

Great goalscoring talent is what I would call Lukaku - he needs to get his footballing levels right.

This isn't a HAF criticises Lukaku thread and post - it recognises that Lukaku had a good game last night - but its a reminder that he has work to do - I have said that in numerous posts.

He isn't just going to be a player who pulls footballs out of the sky like Berbatov - he just hasn't got that. His improvement to the level where he will be competent at looking after the ball isn't going to happen overnight either - he will get to somewhere around that level but lets not get carried away. Too many did after the Lille game - he is going to have games where he has lead in his boots, I am not going to be disappointed or surprised when he does as long as we see signs of improvement which we are.

The one big thing he has in his locker is his ability to find the net - that is a valuable asset. He just needs to learn to have a "stock" ability to control the ball. By that I mean "a low risk method of getting the ball under" - it may not be pretty but it needs to carry the least risk.

8/10 for Rom last night for me - a good game.

Jagielka for me, thought that was his best game so far this season.

Everyone played pretty well on the whole and Lukaku showed his class at times today. McGeady disappointed me a little, he put in a real shift which was really good to see but just fucked things up when it was easier to finish them off. Talented but so frustrating.

I also went for Jags. He looks to be back to his best now which just goes to prove the old adage of class is permanent form is temporary.

Too many Evertonians were too quick to write him off , he is easily the best defender at the club and has been for some time now

I also went for Jags. He looks to be back to his best now which just goes to prove the old adage of class is permanent form is temporary.

Too many Evertonians were too quick to write him off , he is easily the best defender at the club and has been for some time now

The importance of confidence, right? It makes a world of difference.

You overrate him though. He's nowhere near as good as you think. Whilst being solid he's never and will never be world level/elite level.