IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

I can understand the lack of public scrutiny from time to time from managers but he really needs to either grow a back bone and say we simply weren't good enough I got it wrong etc or he needs his head testing if he genuinely believes that was the case

Bahaha. 3 of the goals were great finishes but shouldn't have been afforded time and space. The other two were tap ins, as a result of Arse and Elbow defending.

Blame the defence. Talk straight. Get the fuck over yourself man. We see it, don't try and kid, rectify it for the next game.

So disappointed in last night. Most hurt I've felt for a while.

Bahaha. 3 of the goals were great finishes but shouldn't have been afforded time and space. The other two were tap ins, as a result of Arse and Elbow defending.

Blame the defence. Talk straight. Get the fuck over yourself man. We see it, don't try and kid, rectify it for the next game.

So disappointed in last night. Most hurt I've felt for a while.

If the defence had any bollocks I don't think we would have been caught out by any of them goals. It's sickening, I'd like to see Howard, Jags, alcaraz, Coleman, and barry all dropped for qpr. But manager moyes 2.0 is too stubborn.

with moyes we could defend, with Martinez we can attack

they are both one trick pony's

maybe put them together we might get a team that can do both

we need someone who can do both we have seen this before with KK at Newcastle good team won nothing could not defend

we need a manager who can do both maybe billic not sure about laudrup maybe a young British man a few good candidates out there

last nights goals were all down to poor defending goals 1 & 5 good shots but no one closed them down defending is not just around the 18yd box

goals 2,3,4. were just sunday league defending nothing else, and for RM to say it was not poor defending but great finishing

just shows us nothing will change the team will stay the same, I don't know how long its going to the penny to drop with bill

but this is wigan all over again, we wont go down but with that team we should at least be challenging for European spot

all those defenders have not become bad defenders overnight so its got to the mentality installed from above

and the complete disrespect for anything defensive.

Here's an absolute gem from him from last night..

Talking about our defence last night...

"I do not think it is the personnel, but as a team. Dynamo built a lot of momentum with their crowd, rather than us being to blame."

So it was the crowd that made our defence play like a Sunday pub team on Buckley Hill.

Has he any idea how much of a dickhead he makes himself and Everton look saying stuff like this!!

Edited by Paddock

What Martinez said in full...

"A couple of times we made defensive mistakes, but there was also some incredible finishing,"

"Once we scored the away goal, I thought we would be stronger and tighter in our performance, but it was the kind of night where everything they tried went into the back of the net," said Martinez.

"I agree there were instances when we could have defended better, but there is not a lot you can do about goals that go right into the top corner."

"I think it is a case of the whole team not defending well enough," added Martinez. "I don't think it was a case of the personnel, but as a team. Dynamo built a lot of momentum with their crowd rather than us being to blame."

I don't think Martinez is saying that we defended well? Or good enough?

I must admit that last part I am wondering if there should be a full stop after 'personnel'. Although I'm not sure what it means entirely.

We all know that RM and his silly stubborn ways and tactics sucks moosecock at this point., Its a fuckin joke. But then we also look at the players, and realistically place some of the blame on their shoulders. But when I look at the dreadful shite defence we had against Kiev, I'm not fully convinced it is the players fault(s). Its beginning to look to me like he is not adept to training the players correctly, and the result is, well, 5-2.

I am a classical musician, so I look at it this way: I have seen the same world-class orchestras perform the same pieces with (virtually) the same players. The difference the conductor makes is beyond what I could try and explain here - it would take pages. The change at the top makes all of the difference in the world in a symphony orchestra, so why is football any different? If the same orchestra kept on making shitty recordings, well folks would stop buying the albums/CD's and stop going to see the live performances. Enter new conductor, and all of this has the potential to change. A superb conductor can make even an average level orchestra sound great, whereas a poor conductor will make an high level orchestra sound mediocre to shitty.

Want proof: Sir Simon Rattle has arguably one of the best orchestras at his disposal (Berliner Philharmoniker), and they have produced many shite recordings. Not the players fault. The Minnesota Orchestra under the direction of Eiji Oue made a (once) mediocre orchestra sound world-class, one of the best during their heyday. It can be done with the right captain steering the ship.

We need a new conductor.

We all know that RM and his silly stubborn ways and tactics sucks moosecock at this point., Its a fuckin joke. But then we also look at the players, and realistically place some of the blame on their shoulders. But when I look at the dreadful shite defence we had against Kiev, I'm not fully convinced it is the players fault(s). Its beginning to look to me like he is not adept to training the players correctly, and the result is, well, 5-2.

I am a classical musician, so I look at it this way: I have seen the same world-class orchestras perform the same pieces with (virtually) the same players. The difference the conductor makes is beyond what I could try and explain here - it would take pages. The change at the top makes all of the difference in the world in a symphony orchestra, so why is football any different? If the same orchestra kept on making shitty recordings, well folks would stop buying the albums/CD's and stop going to see the live performances. Enter new conductor, and all of this has the potential to change. A superb conductor can make even an average level orchestra sound great, whereas a poor conductor will make an high level orchestra sound mediocre to shitty.

Want proof: Sir Simon Rattle has arguably one of the best orchestras at his disposal (Berliner Philharmoniker), and they have produced many shite recordings. Not the players fault. The Minnesota Orchestra under the direction of Eiji Oue made a (once) mediocre orchestra sound world-class, one of the best during their heyday. It can be done with the right captain steering the ship.

We need a new conductor.

I'm from Cleveland, grew up going to see the Cleveland orchestra with my parents. Franz welser most is a great conductor!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/20/leighton-baines-everton-futures-euro-exit-dynamo-Kyiv

Everton have only Premier League survival to play for this term following Thursday’s 5-2 defeat at Dynamo Kyiv, where a calamitous defensive display and bewildering selection choices prompted renewed criticism of the manager.

That's our season in a nutshell

Leighton Baines in an interview after euro exit...

"We are all frustrated, of course we are, said the left-back. This was a competition that we have enjoyed and wanted to do really well in it. This, ultimately, was all that we had left. We had a great first season under the manager and we were all thinking that we would push on. We had all the confidence in the world and I dont think anyone would have foreseen the way things have gone this season. We had been upbeat and positive and it just hasnt been a good season."

I've had a long running feeling that we started this season far to confident and cocky after last season. And even as the poor season continued, the players just thought it would sort itself out. So do Martinez. Over confidence is not a good thing in any walk of life. There's a huge lesson in itself.

Edited by Newty82

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-martinez-labels-antolin-alcaraz-8889262

Sorry Roberto but your talking shite, even if you defend badly as a team you expect your CB to be able to do the basics like come and head a ball and put the odd tackle in. Alcaraz is finished at this club

We need to recall Stones immediately and if we manage a win tomorrow the season is over so if we get any injuries we need to be putting Galloway or Browning in ahead of Alcaraz to give them first team experience.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-martinez-labels-antolin-alcaraz-8889262

Sorry Roberto but your talking shite, even if you defend badly as a team you expect your CB to be able to do the basics like come and head a ball and put the odd tackle in. Alcaraz is finished at this club

We need to recall Stones immediately and if we manage a win tomorrow the season is over so if we get any injuries we need to be putting Galloway or Browning in ahead of Alcaraz to give them first team experience.

That's quite frightening. He wasn't left exposed, he fucking exposed himself like some fella down the park in a brown coat.

That's quite frightening. He wasn't left exposed, he fucking exposed himself like some fella down the park in a brown coat.

Again he blurts out these stupid comments.

If he really believes all this shite he talks then he needs to start looking at a new career.

• 3 weeks later...

December? At this point, I expect to be in that range by the end of the season.

mathematically i think 8 is the best we can do. soton, shite, spurs have to get 4-5 points to eliminate us from 5-6. 4 points from 7 matches, it's going to happen. i would love us to go on a run and finish well though steve, but 5-6 ain't happening.

mathematically i think 8 is the best we can do. soton, shite, spurs have to get 4-5 points to eliminate us from 5-6. 4 points from 7 matches, it's going to happen. i would love us to go on a run and finish well though steve, but 5-6 ain't happening.

How did 7th-10th (what Steve was talking about) become 5th-6th?

Mathematically we can finish fifth btw :). American education system needs to have a look at itself :lol:.