IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

It's not the same as last season though Brett far from it, tactically and the way the team is set up is totally different

I've said it before and I'll say it again we had the best of both worlds last season with Moyes's defensive mentality still instilled coupled with what then was Martinez's slightly more attack minded game

This season is his real transitional period for me and it's showing as it did at Wigan he's sinply not as good a manager as people seem to think

I'll admit I did get fed up with Moyes in the end because things did seem to go stale but all this bollocks about the best football we've played I don't buy into we played some great stuff under Moyes aswel and at the end of the day it's about points and we've simply been dire and the buck stops with Martinez

I genuinely don't see if he's given next season how he can move us forward, piss poor selections and substitutions a reluctance to change the obvious players potentially wanting out etc.... Domino effect

It's not the same as last season though Brett far from it, tactically and the way the team is set up is totally different

I've said it before and I'll say it again we had the best of both worlds last season with Moyes's defensive mentality still instilled coupled with what then was Martinez's slightly more attack minded game

This season is his real transitional period for me and it's showing as it did at Wigan he's sinply not as good a manager as people seem to think

I'll admit I did get fed up with Moyes in the end because things did seem to go stale but all this bollocks about the best football we've played I don't buy into we played some great stuff under Moyes aswel and at the end of the day it's about points and we've simply been dire and the buck stops with Martinez

I genuinely don't see if he's given next season how he can move us forward, piss poor selections and substitutions a reluctance to change the obvious players potentially wanting out etc.... Domino effect

Nope, played with two DM last season. Doing the same thus season.

Nope, played with two DM last season. Doing the same thus season.

He played two DM to cover for the fullbacks when they bombed on which hasn't happened this year so why carry on playing them?

We also played with 2 wingers giving us width and we were zipping the ball about rather than rolling it along the back 4 and getting up the field quickly

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/everton/368/blog/post/2332894/martinez-serving-up-dross-at-everton

"There is no spark. This is stale, one-paced, narrow, uncreative dross. The idea that possession equates control is a total fallacy, particularly when nothing is done with the possession. Everton simply mind the ball for a period while they wait for the opposition to beat them"

Sums us up perfectly

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

You see Brett, the issue I have with this whole "Lets play to Lukaku's strengths" - is that I honestly don't know what they are.

I'm not being funny when I say this. But his strengths are the things he isn't "BAD" at. Are his strengths actual attributes?

OK, so apparently we need to play the ball ahead of him? well it would help if he got onside. He is by far the most offside player in the league, by far. He has no intelligence or mobility to checkback and go, or angle his runs. If he was in the relay he would get his team disqualified every time because he takes the batton outside the line.

If he has a player to take on he often does a step over and loses the thing.

Play an early cross? He doesn't jump and physically get ahead or above his marker. You have to hope the ball is guided inch perfect onto his head.

I honestly don't think there is a team in the prem that he would suit - but RM paid £28m for him so is duty bound to play him.

It said it all last night that Kone provided more threat, hustle and movement that Rom did all game. Rom looks like a 50 year old Larry Holmes to Kones 20 year old Anthony Joshua.

Rom is suited to the Euro games where defenders are less physical and more technical. I would play Kone till the end of the season with Barkley behind.

But you massively overrate the "ordinary" James McCarthy. How are the stats?

To be fair, probably better than Kev's at the minute.

James is at least trying. Kev couldn't give a fuck.

Mirallas isn't even getting a game. I've said from the start, "what the fuck us the big obsession with James McCarthy" he's good at times but he's not even close to a big player.

We had weeks of arguing over stats of how he "makes us play" all bollocks!

But you massively overrate the "ordinary" James McCarthy. How are the stats?

Maybe we should clone McCarthy then you may see him not having to cover Barry's arse.

Still trying to point score? I'd use stats but I'm afraid they are wasted on you.

I'd go as far as saying that your boy wonder has created one of the single most divisive moments of our season 2 points lost. I look forward to him pissing off else where just in the hope that you end up on his new sides forum.

He played two DM to cover for the fullbacks when they bombed on which hasn't happened this year so why carry on playing them?

We also played with 2 wingers giving us width and we were zipping the ball about rather than rolling it along the back 4 and getting up the field quickly

Exactly the system was effective and good to watch last year. Why did the style of football change?

Why now play three holding players?

So many why's. So few answers.

He's also the difference in us being five points clear and eight points clear.

Selfish little shit he is. Brought an unwanted spotlight to the team.

Imagine the outcry if Naismith or kone did what mirallas did? I think he got off lightly.

Since that moment he's been utter shite. Not fit??? Doesn't want to play, as you say we would have breathing space if baines had the penno.

Selfish little shit he is. Brought an unwanted spotlight to the team.

Imagine the outcry if Naismith or kone did what mirallas did? I think he got off lightly.

Since that moment he's been utter shite. Not fit??? Doesn't want to play, as you say we would have breathing space if baines had the penno.

Let's blame Mirallas for us being near the relegation zone. There is no saying what would have happened in that game had he have scored or Baines converted. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. But you sir are talking Billy

What utter bollocks!

If you are going down that road where would we be without his goals?

I was only responding to a certain someone highlighting a particular player to change things AGAIN!!! How many league game can you tell me, whereby he has single handedly won us the game. I will give you one example whereby he has single handedly cost us three points.

What utter bollocks!

If you are going down that road where would we be without his goals?

That's probably the mindset that drives his actions. His mindset is that of a player who is in it for himself. He is not the only one, the premiership has never been awash with so many egos and its pretty disgusting.

His attitude has stunk for quite some time now, turns it on when he wants to. Great yeah he scores the odd goal, he also wastes opportunities by being greedy and going for the spectacular - but hey isn't that what gets him his adoration? When things don't go his way he mopes around the pitch sulking and its infuriating - some people ignore that and try and remember his glory moments.

At this time more than any other we need him to fight and give 100% - he won't. I'm not happy withy Martinez - that is a seperate issue, Mirallas is a professional footballer who has a duty to the shirt. Unfortunately Martinez isn't strong enough to manage Mirallas and that is it.

He has tried to discipline Mirallas and show him he is no bigger than the club, unfortuanetly Mirallas has thrown his toys out the pram. Brat.

I don't care if he has scored 20 goals, that display of arrogance will long live in the memory - it was a key moment in a key game and he "DECIDED" then to challenge Baines as the penalty taker. It wasn't 3-0 up against Leicester with 42 points in the bank, it was a key moment before half time against a team that had parked the bus when we were desperate for a win.

Edited by Hafnia

I was only responding to a certain someone highlighting a particular player to change things AGAIN!!! How many league game can you tell me, whereby he has single handedly won us the game. I will give you one example whereby he has single handedly cost us three points.

And Duncan's give you examples of when he's helped win us games - league goals. Take them away and where would we be now?

That's probably the mindset that drives his actions. His mindset is that of a player who is in it for himself. He is not the only one, the premiership has never been awash with so many egos and its pretty disgusting.

His attitude has stunk for quite some time now, turns it on when he wants to. Great yeah he scores the odd goal, he also wastes opportunities by being greedy and going for the spectacular - but hey isn't that what gets him his adoration? When things don't go his way he mopes around the pitch sulking and its infuriating - some people ignore that and try and remember his glory moments.

At this time more than any other we need him to fight and give 100% - he won't. I'm not happy withy Martinez - that is a seperate issue, Mirallas is a professional footballer who has a duty to the shirt. Unfortunately Martinez isn't strong enough to manage Mirallas and that is it.

He has tried to discipline Mirallas and show him he is no bigger than the club, unfortuanetly Mirallas has thrown his toys out the pram. Brat.

I don't care if he has scored 20 goals, that display of arrogance will long live in the memory - it was a key moment in a key game and he "DECIDED" then to challenge Baines as the penalty taker. It wasn't 3-0 up against Leicester with 42 points in the bank, it was a key moment before half time against a team that had parked the bus when we were desperate for a win.

How do you know he wont fight for the team?

How do you know he has thrown his toys out of the pram?

Surely the lad needs more than the last couple of minutes of a game that has already been lost to make a decent impression, Im convinced you've gone into one about Miralllas simply because of your spat with MC

It's funny how quickly sides are taken and the blame game is started.

We can all point to certain games and moments that may or may not have cost us... Missed penalties, fumbled shots, dropped catches and poor finishing you could go on and on.

But the fact remains most teams suffer from these moments not just us.

We have been poor from the moment Arsenal pegged us back in August, from that moment it was if we didn't believe anymore.

I honestly don't know why but it is most certainly a combination of all of the reasons often posted about on this site.

Martinez isn't responsible for the individual errors but he is responsible for our sterile play by rigidly sticking to his principles regardless.

I don't have a problem with Mirallas stepping up to take the penalty, the fault with that lay with Jagielka who as our captain should have stepped in and made the decision, but he strangely slipped into the background at a time he was needed.

That incident is symptomatic of the lack of leadership and direction afflicting our club at present from the top to bottom and in my opinion is the main reason we are where we are.

Edited by Sherpa

If this doesn't look like a fallen leader so completely out of his element, I don't know what does. That picture, to me, says "I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm doing, and people have found me out."

I think the blame is not all his, but there you go.

26524ABE00000578-0-image-a-5_14255551152