IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

I want Bobby to be more positive and start going for games from the off regardless of who we play. This defensive 3 man midfield shit isn't going to get us anywhere..

The problem with this is we just leak goals big time and get whalloped .

It's been our problem all season. We either play attacking and concede a lot or play conservative and are shot shy.

There's no happy medium

I understand where you are coming from, but when we have played attacking, Barry has more often than not been starting.

Very few times have we played Besic and McCathy as the middle two.

With those two and no Barry we are instantly more mobile and less crowded in the middle as compared to playing a three.

I would rather us have a go and score more than sit back and score none, at least we would have a chance. Also by dropping Howard we might stop a few of those goals against too.

We are crying out for balance and width and it's not as if we haven't got the players to do this.

Edited by Sherpa

Overused description but it fits so nicely for RM. He truly is an insane human being.

Definition: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

Fielding the same squad and using the same tactics over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over v and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over v and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over v and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over v and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over v and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over v and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over v and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again! Perhaps he can manage from the asylum.

Just want to give you a heads up, that definition of insanity is a myth.

Also, I have no idea what to do with this situation. I never am for sacking a manager too quickly.

As long as Martinez has the player's confidence then we should be behind him. Let's see how far we get in Europa.

Edited by Parapluie

Agree, he has this head in the sand mentality that will see us go down if we don't improve,

Also the fact that Bill is saying nothing leads me to believe his number may be up.... I say this because any time Moyes was under pressure he came out in support, this time the silence is deafening.

The thing that is really bugging me is that pre - Everton, Martinez had a sound reputation in football for his knowledge and style of play.

He was widely lauded at Swansea. He was lauded at Wigan.

At both clubs, his style of play was not what we are seeing this season.

Last season was sublime. I know his critics give credit for that season to Moyes. But are we really saying that a man with so much footballing knowledge has taken our performances from last season, and our achievements, and 'coached' them out of the team? Basically told them he doesn't want it doing that way?

This slow tempo is not how I envisage Martinez wanting us to play. It doesn't make sense.

This is a rough season. Horrible season. I'm not sure what's going on. It's bemusing.

But I think Martinez has more to give this club yet. So, for me, he is still the man.

But if I was the Chairman, I'd be asking some real deep diving questions. Like, be honest Roberto, what the fuck is going on? What's the idea of one natural wide man? Why are we playing so narrow? Why the slow tempo? What's the plans for pre season?!!! And the rest!!!

My mates responses on Facebook -

(Blackburn fan) - Martinez is more bothered about winning Europa League for his own reputation.

(Stoke fan) - Different team you guys are, think martinez is in it for himself, seems he's used all his cards now..

Interesting views from neutrals.

I know some are saying give him time, he will turn it around but I just can't see it.

This slide has been in the offing all season starting with the inadequate pre season.

I know he seems to lack ideas at times...players out of position, inability to change shape or system, but what worries me most, is the lack of passion and fight.!!!

Without this we are doomed as this is a pre requisite for any relegation dogfight!

We can't afford to wait it out and we now have 10 days to our next league game.... Decisions have to be made and I pray it is the right one.

Edited by Sherpa

one more thing that worry's me he had to wait till January to say we are in a relegation battle

most of us new in October

he has proved beyond doubt he has only one plan its his way or no way that means to me EFC comes second to him

and on that basis I say let joe royal keep us up we need the dogs of war right now

and go for slaven bilic in the summer.

all talk of etto revolt is bollocks it started in pre season and never got any better

if it was that bad why did he play him early on and he could have easily have banned him from the ground

so he had no influence at all but then again that would mean making a decision.

Agree, I think most are judging him by his actions.

Never really been bothered by his words as that's all they are.

What you see on the outside is manufactured and anyone who believes otherwise is naive.

Time to step up though Roberto. You need to do something now.

Agree, I think most are judging him by his actions.

Never really been bothered by his words as that's all they are.

What you see on the outside is manufactured and anyone who believes otherwise is naive.

Time to step up though Roberto. You need to do something now.

The thing is though, a bit of honesty after games would be nice. For some reason that gets the response of "but he can't lay into the players publicly, that's not right". But why does honesty have to equal that? There is absolutely nothing wrong with coming out after a match and saying "today we weren't good enough and got what we deserved, but we'll go away and improve"? Instead, he comes out with absolute shite. It's not helping him and shielding the players like they're little children isn't doing us any good.

But, like I said, his actions are far worse and more damaging. His actions are leaving me angry and perplexed. His actions are the signs of an absolute fool.

I've waited long enough to change my stance on him. I have been watching him and his actions/words and i'm afraid he appears to be completely lost. Some managers need momentum to get results and Martinez is one of them. He isn't dogged enough for this.

At the moment he reminds me of a bloke with £20 in his pocket who is in an expensive bar wearing a Hugo Boss suit, looks the part but in reality he has no means to be in the current environment. - he's been asked to get the ale in and now he's exposed.

Her needs to stick a pair of jeans on, get down to Weatherspoons and stop trying to be something he ain't.

Two things dunc. Firstly, we played the same way last season and was one of the most entertaining teams to watch.

Secondly, he mentions the same short touches on Freekicks. The match I watched last night seen garbutt whipping them in from every angle and however far out. We also hit down the channels to lukaku. This in my eyes is not tippy happy football.

There is no point in throwing it in the box because as you seen last night, every ball put in is not attacked by any player.

Two things dunc. Firstly, we played the same way last season and was one of the most entertaining teams to watch.

Secondly, he mentions the same short touches on Freekicks. The match I watched last night seen garbutt whipping them in from every angle and however far out. We also hit down the channels to lukaku. This in my eyes is not tippy happy football.

There is no point in throwing it in the box because as you seen last night, every ball put in is not attacked by any player.

You see Brett, the issue I have with this whole "Lets play to Lukaku's strengths" - is that I honestly don't know what they are.

I'm not being funny when I say this. But his strengths are the things he isn't "BAD" at. Are his strengths actual attributes?

OK, so apparently we need to play the ball ahead of him? well it would help if he got onside. He is by far the most offside player in the league, by far. He has no intelligence or mobility to checkback and go, or angle his runs. If he was in the relay he would get his team disqualified every time because he takes the batton outside the line.

If he has a player to take on he often does a step over and loses the thing.

Play an early cross? He doesn't jump and physically get ahead or above his marker. You have to hope the ball is guided inch perfect onto his head.

I honestly don't think there is a team in the prem that he would suit - but RM paid £28m for him so is duty bound to play him.

It said it all last night that Kone provided more threat, hustle and movement that Rom did all game. Rom looks like a 50 year old Larry Holmes to Kones 20 year old Anthony Joshua.

Rom is suited to the Euro games where defenders are less physical and more technical. I would play Kone till the end of the season with Barkley behind.

so we drop our leading scorer regardless of the bad service he gets erm I don't think so.

He is our leading goalscorer because he has only been dropped from the main striker role a couple of times. In other words no one else has had the chance he has up front so he is going to be top scorer.

You see Brett, the issue I have with this whole "Lets play to Lukaku's strengths" - is that I honestly don't know what they are.

I'm not being funny when I say this. But his strengths are the things he isn't "BAD" at. Are his strengths actual attributes?

OK, so apparently we need to play the ball ahead of him? well it would help if he got onside. He is by far the most offside player in the league, by far. He has no intelligence or mobility to checkback and go, or angle his runs. If he was in the relay he would get his team disqualified every time because he takes the batton outside the line.

If he has a player to take on he often does a step over and loses the thing.

Play an early cross? He doesn't jump and physically get ahead or above his marker. You have to hope the ball is guided inch perfect onto his head.

I honestly don't think there is a team in the prem that he would suit - but RM paid £28m for him so is duty bound to play him.

It said it all last night that Kone provided more threat, hustle and movement that Rom did all game. Rom looks like a 50 year old Larry Holmes to Kones 20 year old Anthony Joshua.

Rom is suited to the Euro games where defenders are less physical and more technical. I would play Kone till the end of the season with Barkley behind.

Haf you have serious issues pal. Only you could get a debate about lukaku out of my last post. I only mentioned his name once. It was all about Martinez.

Just throwing it out there - and apologies if this has already been mentioned - but maybe the team that RM is picking is being forced on him because so many of the surly primadonnas don't actually give a fuck. The IX he regularly plays might be the most committed - in which case, they're all to blame..

Haf you have serious issues pal. Only you could get a debate about lukaku out of my last post. I only mentioned his name once. It was all about Martinez.

Think about it... you are saying we have changed our style - who was the biggest advocate of that? Who went to the press to state he asked the manager to do that in order to get more out of his game - more to the point what has it done?

Chaging our style has had no real impact on Lukaku's impact in a game, its a complete myth. That is why.