IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

I'll be honest, if lukaku has any resale value then get rid. £20m and I'd snap their hands off. waste of money.

He is the right player for a man city to have as an impact sub. I'd sooner have a player with less instinct and more football ability. Far too many times play breaks down when the ball gets to him.

All money on a creative midfielder, tying Mirallas down to an extension at least, another winger and a CB. the rest can wait until next season. Cut loose the sick notes, no matter their potential on the pitch, and use the wages towards new signings.

We will have money in the summer. The TV deal was additional per year. Prices may rise, like they have done year after year anyway, but FFP will prevent most from buying for stupid money which will in turn bring asking prices down.

I'm a bit concerned that anyone over thirty can be bracketed with "dead wood" to be honest.

Many exceptional players over thirty.

Just to say to save any confusion that 'deadwood' and '30+' are intended to be totally separate categories. Not in a million years am I stating that anyone 30+ is deadwood.

The point behind 30+ was players who may need to be replaced over the coming 2-3 years and how expensive that may be. Deadwood are players who just don't play enough, either injured, not good enough or the dreaded both, so are eating up valuable salary.

So...Martinez is going to have to spend wisely and decide who should stay on and who should go.

The players mentioned and their ages, I think we can see who will still be around in 2 or 3 years time and who will need replacing...

Gibson 27 (mentioned due to injury)

Howard 35 (Age)

Jags 32 (Age)

Alcaraz 32 (Age/Injuries)

Distin 37 (Age)

Baines 30 (Age...but one I can see playing on until 35-37 because he's a real pro)

Hibbert 33 (Age/Injuries)

Barry 33 (Age)

Pienaar 32 (Age/Injuries)

Osman 33 (Age/Injuries?)

Kone 31 (Age/Injuries?)

There's very little sell on value in most of those names.

I would only keep Baines and Jags out of that lot and I still think they both have a few years in them

He has already said we are looking for a long term replacement for Howard, we already have a suitable replacement for Barry in Mo Besic, and none of the others are getting a game anyway so I don't think its that big of a problem

Im a bit undecided about Jags. I think he's a good pro so will stay in hood shape. But unlike Distin, doesn't have that pace to get him out the shit. So I don't know.

I'd love to see most of the others let go and replaced with Finch Farm youth. I honestly believe that youth are let go too soon without being given a proper chance. They are let go by, say, 21 before they've matured as a man. I'm sure that given a chance more would make an impact of some sort.

I'll be honest, if lukaku has any resale value then get rid. £20m and I'd snap their hands off. waste of money.

He is the right player for a man city to have as an impact sub. I'd sooner have a player with less instinct and more football ability. Far too many times play breaks down when the ball gets to him.

He is the only decent centre forward on the books, we need more quality upfront not less

Im a bit undecided about Jags. I think he's a good pro so will stay in hood shape. But unlike Distin, doesn't have that pace to get him out the shit. So I don't know.

I'd love to see most of the others let go and replaced with Finch Farm youth. I honestly believe that youth are let go too soon without being given a proper chance. They are let go by, say, 21 before they've matured as a man. I'm sure that given a chance more would make an impact of some sort.

He is the fastest player in the premiership!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2809309/Phil-Jagielka-officially-fastest-player-Premier-League-no-not-joking.html

If RM leaves or is sacked (not very likely I know) who would you have as a replacement?

A newcomer with little proven experience? (Promote from within perhaps)

Bring back Davey Moyes? (Not a likely prospect, and remember what happened when Howard Kendall came back)

Would you accept an ex- Liverpool player or manager as a manager of Everton?

Who do you think would want to come to us?

Well I asked so perhaps I should give my answer.

I would have no problem with anyone no matter who they were or where they came from if they were good for us. I personally would like someone who can manage the team we have without spending money we don't have. Ancellotti perhaps

Generally support Martinez mainly because he showed last season what he is capable of, this season I think a lot of factors have played in to paint the full picture of our so far lacklustre season. However, I simply cannot understand why he keeps picking Besic? Am I the only one who see Besic as a massively overrated player who shouldn't even be in the Premier League? I think he is a liabillity and should be shipped of soonest possible. Then bring in a new and longterm Investment as replacement for Barry who is not getting any younger to play alongside McCarthy who is brilliant...what you guys think?

Generally support Martinez mainly because he showed last season what he is capable of, this season I think a lot of factors have played in to paint the full picture of our so far lacklustre season. However, I simply cannot understand why he keeps picking Besic? Am I the only one who see Besic as a massively overrated player who shouldn't even be in the Premier League? I think he is a liabillity and should be shipped of soonest possible. Then bring in a new and longterm Investment as replacement for Barry who is not getting any younger to play alongside McCarthy who is brilliant...what you guys think?

Lol spot the troll :lol:

Even an ignorant American like myself can see that he's already one of our best and most influential players when on the pitch. Young yes but massive talent and work rate.

Thanks for the warm welcome to this site. Always nice to have meaningfull conversations with likeminded fans.

If you ain't on the windup then the reason your comment created such scepticism is because Besic is a top quality midfielder in the making... To say he isn't prem quality is madness really.

p.s welcome to the site.

Welcome! I'll admit, I think he's underrated if anything and going to go on to massive things, hopefully in our blue shirt. I'm curious as to why you think he's overrated?

If you ain't on the windup then the reason your comment created such scepticism is because Besic is a top quality midfielder in the making... To say he isn't prem quality is madness really.

p.s welcome to the site.

I like Besic he's so far my player of the season. But if you look at his stats (when playing) we have a very low win ratio.

Oh.... Let's not go there.

Besic has played 16, won 4 (25% win rate which is almost double what Mirallas had when we checked) drawn 6 and lost 6.

I dont want to pick a fight but if you are using stats to be ironic towards other posters, make sure the stats are in your favour.

Edited by Peter H

Besic has played 16, won 4 (25% win rate which is almost double what Mirallas had when we checked) drawn 6 and lost 6.

I dont want to pick a fight but if you are using stats to be ironic towards other posters, make sure the stats are in your favour.

You're including a 6 minute and an 11 minute cameo when both games were already won. I'm sure Hafnia's stats on player X had some sort of "playing time" included.

Fact is when he's started games we haven't won many. This is a reflection that one players ability doesn't tell the whole story of results because he's been one of, if not thee best player for weeks

Martinez has proved to me that he can change his ways and without me being completely happy with how we're playing he's certainly steadied the ship. Which is what we needed. A 1-0 loss away at Chelsea isn't the end of the world. He just needs to find the right balance.

I'm sure Bobby is made up :P

I was convinced he wouldn't change his philosophy and for that reason Is was worried about going down. What was needed was to sure up the back four and build on that. He's done it so there's no complaints as long as it continues we should be ok. We'll get further in the Europa playing like that than going gung ho

The biggest criticism I had of moyes was his inability to evolve. Martinez looks like he is trying to, he's had his arse handed to him a few times and I honestly think he's learning.

I said all along its not the bad spell but how he handles it. Too many people have been hanging onto his words and giving him shit, I actually think he's emerging from a tough period very well.

Edited by Hafnia