IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

Playing people out of position doesn't prove they're a worthy replacement. In the extreme its like saying, Barkley's a good tackler, he can cover CB should any of our starters get injured. Whichever way he looks at it, we're massively weak in those areas. He's highlighted Mr 1 in 4 and Mr 0 in 22. We're desperate for wide men.

Goals conceded, game 4 - 23.

Not quite Wigan. We now need to be more confident going forward. Because we can still defend....Most the time!!!

Soton 14

Chelsea 16

Man Utd 19

Man City 21

Arsenal 21

West ham 22

L'Pool 23

EVERTON 24

C Palace 26

Stoke 26

Spurs 27

West Brom 27

Swansea 29

Villa 29

Sunderland 29

Hull City 30

Newcastle 30

Leicester 32

Burnley 34

QPR 37

He will have money. Because of the TV money. It's an extra 20-30 million.

Problem is, prices will go up.

It has to be spent wisely.

You really believe we'll have £20-£30m?

If the TV money was so lucrative to us why did we only spend accumulated transfer fees last summer? I soubt we'll see any major investment unless we win Europa.

We didn't just spend accumulated money.

We had £15-£19 million accumulated from 2013/14 depending on loan fees for Lukaku, Barry and Gerry.

This season we spent £33 million.

That's £14-£18 million spent with no player sales.

Plus we paid off £15-£20 million of debt. Can't remember exactly.

We can get rid of some dead wood. We won't have to sell a key player.

There's a few factors to throw in...prize money etc. But yeah, £20 - £30 million budget.

We didn't just spend accumulated money.

We had £15-£19 million accumulated from 2013/14 depending on loan fees for Lukaku, Barry and Gerry.

This season we spent £33 million.

That's £14-£18 million spent with no player sales.

Plus we paid off £15-£20 million of debt. Can't remember exactly.

We can get rid of some dead wood. We won't have to sell a key player.

There's a few factors to throw in...prize money etc. But yeah, £20 - £30 million budget.

I highly doubt he'll be given anywhere near that budget. If he is great but he best spend it well. Edited by MC11

Can't say I'm running out of it with him. He still has my full support.

But definitely a big summer. That money needs to be spent very wisely for progress to be made.

We need a big rebuilding this summer. We have so much deadwood to get rid of.

I'm fairly worried about this summer tbh. Worried about the signings he'll make, but equally the signings he won't make. By the latter I mean that taking into consideration some of his comments he still sees Osman and Pienaar as key squad players. So I'm quite worried he's not going to be looking at replacing them this summer, which I feel is an absolute must.

We need a big rebuilding this summer. We have so much deadwood to get rid of.

I'm fairly worried about this summer tbh. Worried about the signings he'll make, but equally the signings he won't make. By the latter I mean that taking into consideration some of his comments he still sees Osman and Pienaar as key squad players. So I'm quite worried he's not going to be looking at replacing them this summer, which I feel is an absolute must.

My biggest worry for us is the amount of 'dead wood' we have. Or a mix of dead wood with the 30+ club.

This creates a big financial need over the coming years. No matter who would be manager, it would be a tricky one to balance.

Deadwood/30+...Gibson(?), Pienaar, Osman, Hibbert, Alcaraz, Distin, Jags, Baines, Howard, Kone, Barry...its a whole team that needs replacing over the next 2-3 seasons.

EDIT: I cheated and put Hibbo twice!!!

Edited by Newty82

My biggest worry for us is the amount of 'dead wood' we have. Or a mix of dead wood with the 30+ club.

This creates a big financial need over the coming years. No matter who would be manager, it would be a tricky one to balance.

Deadwood/30+...Gibson(?), Pienaar, Osman, Hibbert, Alcaraz, Distin, Jags, Baines, Hibbert, Howard, Kone, Barry...its a whole team that needs replacing over the next 2-3 seasons.

Your final point is another huge worry of mine and is linked to what I meant about the signings he won't make - I reckon he sees quite a few of those as viable options for quite some time yet. That sets alarm bells off in my head.

Your final point is another huge worry of mine and is linked to what I meant about the signings he won't make - I reckon he sees quite a few of those as viable options for quite some time yet. That sets alarm bells off in my head.

There's the catch 22.

No manager at this club would be able to replace all those in 1 or 2 years. So he has to decide who can do a job and who to let go. He has no choice but to see some as viable options.

In an ideal world, there'd be a load of youth coming through.

There might be...so we'll see.

That final part if my main concern come the summer it's glaringly obvious we need to get rid and replace to progress

He's definitely got it wrong this season suspect buys/loans very odd tactics and use of players out of position etc

We've got possibly one of the best young cores of a side in the league if progressed in the right way and with a much needed clear out and some smart not necessarily expensive "Besic Coleman etc" signings and bring a few of the younger lads through we could kick on really well but as said above I can't see that happening

Deadwood/30+...Gibson(?), Pienaar, Osman, Hibbert, Alcaraz, Distin, Jags, Baines, Hibbert, Howard, Kone, Barry...its a whole team that needs replacing over the next 2-3 seasons.

Wow I knew we had a lot of dead wood but the 30 and over club is huge! Massive summer, didn't see it coming tbh, let's hope it's home runs like besic McCarthy and duelofeu.

I'm a bit concerned that anyone over thirty can be bracketed with "dead wood" to be honest.

Many exceptional players over thirty.

Agree, unfortunately our list doesn't require a lot of those. Kone jags and baines would be the only keepers for me. Alcaraz Howard Barry and osman on the fence. But the rest can go. Even if they were 25 I'd say let them go (except hibbo)

I would only keep Baines and Jags out of that lot and I still think they both have a few years in them

He has already said we are looking for a long term replacement for Howard, we already have a suitable replacement for Barry in Mo Besic, and none of the others are getting a game anyway so I don't think its that big of a problem