IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

I don't think he would persist with Howard. I think he would tell Lukaku to stop getting into his own half.

For all Lukakus faults, if you took his goals out of our team we would be in serious trouble. He's cost us two goals directly, but he's given us 15 directly too. We don't have anyone else who can do that.

I don't think he would persist with Howard. I think he would tell Lukaku to stop getting into his own half.

For all Lukakus faults, if you took his goals out of our team we would be in serious trouble. He's cost us two goals directly, but he's given us 15 directly too. We don't have anyone else who can do that.

For me that's a bit like saying tim Howard has made the most saves.

If we played two strikers we would be able to critique lukaku more accurately. Look at Charlie Austin, scored more goals in a weaker team. Danny ings etc etc.

He scored a hat trick against young boys, in all honesty he should have scored 5 or 6. Seriously. Take that as a positive if you want but he missed sitters. Just like he did against leicster

For me that's a bit like saying tim Howard has made the most saves.

If we played two strikers we would be able to critique lukaku more accurately. Look at Charlie Austin, scored more goals in a weaker team. Danny ings etc etc.

He scored a hat trick against young boys, in all honesty he should have scored 5 or 6. Seriously. Take that as a positive if you want but he missed sitters. Just like he did against leicster

I would counter that by saying both of those teams play with far more attacking intent than Everton do and therefore create more chances for their forwards

I would counter that by saying both of those teams play with far more attacking intent than Everton do and therefore create more chances for their forwards

I would counter that and say that Lukaku is currently 4th of ALL Premiership players in ALL positions for shots at goal. 81 shots he's had. Most of them inside the area too. He's obviously creating these himself. "We play from the back...With just Lukaku in attack...doin it all himself..."!!! He's managed to tuck 7 away. Naismith has got 6 from 31 shots.

Heres a different angle on the problem... Rather than not creating anything for Lukaku, we may be looking for him too much. As a team, our total shots are down on last season. Maybe others need to step up and take a chance? So Lukaku has 81 shots, next on the list is Mirallas with 40, then Barkley with 31.

And maybe that's where Martinez has got it wrong...Too much focus on trying to find Lukaku, not enough 'have a go yourself'.

I would counter that and say that Lukaku is currently 4th of ALL Premiership players in ALL positions for shots at goal. 81 shots he's had. Most of them inside the area too. He's obviously creating these himself. "We play from the back...With just Lukaku in attack...doin it all himself..."!!! He's managed to tuck 7 away. Naismith has got 6 from 31 shots.

Heres a different angle on the problem... Rather than not creating anything for Lukaku, we may be looking for him too much. As a team, our total shots are down on last season. Maybe others need to step up and take a chance? So Lukaku has 81 shots, next on the list is Mirallas with 40, then Barkley with 31.

And maybe that's where Martinez has got it wrong...Too much focus on trying to find Lukaku, not enough 'have a go yourself'.

Or.... More simplistically.... Others aren't chipping in enough. This all stems back to having too many defensive players in the middle of the park

I was meant to say...the gap between Lukaku's shots at goal and Mirallas is far to big???

What if Lukaku converted at the same rate as Naismith, who scores 1 in every 5 shots? Lukaku would have 16 league goals now. How many more points could that be worth? Is it 17 points we have dropped from winning positions? We maybe could have had them in the bag. How many points have we lost through those individual defensive errors? We've conceded, I think, about 40% of our goals through individual errors. Cut them out, how many more points is that worth?

Still been a shit season.

We could play any formation and still look shite. Our speed of play is our hindrance and needs sorting before anything.

I definitely agree with you. We need a lot of things sorted but I genuinely think it would change our play. I'd love to us use it, in attack Baines and Coleman our width, Ross and Kev behind Lukaku running at defences playing as inside forwards. And maybe, just maybe with 3 big centre backs we won't concede from piss poor set peices. Who knows food for thought I guess..

I don't think Martinez doesn't know football or anything, I think he just lacks in charisma. He's not the kinda guy that would energize his team and fill them with a strong faith in victory. But I do think he is absolutely brilliant at transfers and putting together a strong team of good players in every position that work well together.

Therefore I think, and this is all just my humble opinion as a spectator, that Martinez is the kind of guy you'd perhaps rather want as a sporting director at your club. He'd probably be brilliant at it. But perhaps not so much as a manager.

I don't think Martinez doesn't know football or anything, I think he just lacks in charisma. He's not the kinda guy that would energize his team and fill them with a strong faith in victory. But I do think he is absolutely brilliant at transfers and putting together a strong team of good players in every position that work well together.

Therefore I think, and this is all just my humble opinion as a spectator, that Martinez is the kind of guy you'd perhaps rather want as a sporting director at your club. He'd probably be brilliant at it. But perhaps not so much as a manager.

And iI find it fucking hilerious that just last season the poor guy could accidentally fucking fart in front of camera and every blue would cum as to how good it come over on camera....

Oh how a year changes opinions. Everyone should feel very, very ashamed of themselves right now.

And iI find it fucking hilerious that just last season the poor guy could accidentally fucking fart in front of camera and every blue would cum as to how good it come over on camera....

Oh how a year changes opinions. Everyone should feel very, very ashamed of themselves right now.

Not everyone did. I never wanted him full stop and whilst I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised with last season I was still not convinced and was waiting until he had had 3 seasons.

Admittedly I never thought it would get as bad as this but I always thought he would turn us into a mid table side.

I honestly never expected it to be this drastic. I also know plenty at the match who think exactly the same.

And before youstart with the insults, it's not an "i told you so" post, just pointing out not everyone was taken in by him.

Not everyone did. I never wanted him full stop and whilst I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised with last season I was still not convinced and was waiting until he had had 3 seasons.

Admittedly I never thought it would get as bad as this but I always thought he would turn us into a mid table side.

I honestly never expected it to be this drastic. I also know plenty at the match who think exactly the same.

And before youstart with the insults, it's not an "i told you so" post, just pointing out not everyone was taken in by him.

I'm not here to insult. I take on board that there were others who questioned his appointment but what I'm not getting is this....

Martinez done what he did in his first season and everyone said moyes had taken us as far as he could and Martinez was refreshing. If some people think that he was always gonna make us a mid table side then maybe a moyes type manager would have been our best choice for now and the future until somemajor iinvestment has been made.

Not every blue loved his interviews. Count me out of that. Seen straight through them.

I'm not here to insult. I take on board that there were others who questioned his appointment but what I'm not getting is this....

Martinez done what he did in his first season and everyone said moyes had taken us as far as he could and Martinez was refreshing. If some people think that he was always gonna make us a mid table side then maybe a moyes type manager would have been our best choice for now and the future until somemajor iinvestment has been made.

I think you could be spot on. Maybe we don't have the resources to finance a Martinez style team. Maybe with our limited budget we do need a Moyes, a bread and butter results type manager. Shrewd in the market gets that extra 10% or so out of a team.

Maybe if we had rich investors to throw money round Martinez would have brought better players in and we'd be flying.

Fact is, you don't get to play like Barca on Evertons budget.

I think you could be spot on. Maybe we don't have the resources to finance a Martinez style team. Maybe with our limited budget we do need a Moyes, a bread and butter results type manager. Shrewd in the market gets that extra 10% or so out of a team.

Maybe if we had rich investors to throw money round Martinez would have brought better players in and we'd be flying.

Fact is, you don't get to play like Barca on Evertons budget.

Anyone can go out spend millions and win things. The real measure of a manager is getting the best from what he's got. Martinez won a cup at Wigan but failed to keep them up.

Suggesting we haven't the finances to play to Martinez strengths is daft. The fella is quite clearly out of his depth.

Behind the scenes seems to be a complete shambles. He's corroding the club from the inside out. He won't change this around. The rot is too deep within the core. He needs to go.

Anyone can go out spend millions and win things. The real measure of a manager is getting the best from what he's got. Martinez won a cup at Wigan but failed to keep them up.

Suggesting we haven't the finances to play to Martinez strengths is daft. The fella is quite clearly out of his depth.

Behind the scenes seems to be a complete shambles. He's corroding the club from the inside out. He won't change this around. The rot is too deep within the core. He needs to go.

What I'm saying is to play the brand of football he wants to play EFFECTIVELY needs real quality players. Players like Jagielka and Distin stroking it round the back then sailing out majestically like Bobby Moore with the ball at their feet then stroking a lovely through ball after ghosting past a couple of players is not going to happen and he's fucking mad to think it ever would but given the right players I'm sure his brand of football would work.

If you go back to my early postshere I wasbleating on about him insisting our defence done this and slowly but surely teams cottoned on.. Press them high, hound the back 4 and they'll make mistakes. It was blatantly obvious and teams done it and our foundation stone (our defence) what the team was built on top of just crumbled in front of your eyes and everything with it went pear shaped to.

Once that defence lost it's confidence the whole team went to fuck and you could see the terror in the centre backs eyes when they had the ball it was blindingly obvious.

Better players needed to play that system and the reason we're rotten is because nobody believes in his ideals because they're the wrong type of players to play that ststem.

He knows, he's not stupid.

well someone must be stupid hes never been dropped and RM keeps telling hes having a good season

and he is a great influence around the place what a pity its not on the pitch

so I suppose that leaves us as the stupid ones for paying to watch the same show over and over again nothing changes

I don't think his style of football matters

what matters is his ability to get the best out of the players something he has shown time and again he can not do no plan b

he had a good budget for an EFC manager but put all his eggs in one basket (case)

in fairness to rom when we had GL,GS,AG up front they were fed by reidy bracy, sheeds, steven,

rom has gor piss poor service so again RM has bought a player that can not fit into his system

because he new when he bought him there would not be an influx of top midfielders so he was the wrong buy for us

If this doesn't look like a fallen leader so completely out of his element, I don't know what does. That picture, to me, says "I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm doing, and people have found me out."

I think the blame is not all his, but there you go.

I think its more a "hope I get through the rest of the season, shits gotta change in the summer" look.

I don't really see how this is a reply to my post. It seems like a standalone thought.

I said at the time Moyes was as good as it gets for us until the financial situation changes

I don't really see how this is a reply to my post. It seems like a standalone thought.

It totally relates to toure previous post. You talk shit about him not being the man to install a positive winning attitude in the players and club. Only last season everyone was saying how refreshingly positive he was with the pictures in finch farm and how much if a winning mentality he had.

It totally relates to toure previous post. You talk shit about him not being the man to install a positive winning attitude in the players and club. Only last season everyone was saying how refreshingly positive he was with the pictures in finch farm and how much if a winning mentality he had.

Me? I didn't talk shit about anyone. Where did you get this from?