IGNORED

New Keeper - suggestions here

Hafnia

This isn't a "lets slate Tim Howard" - thread. More of a case of we have a need for a new keeper.

Howard has been great for us and yes, like Pienaar it seems his time is rapidly drawing to a close with the club.

I will throw Ochoa and Keylor Navas in the mix - liked them at the world cup, great shot stoppers.

Navas at Real Madrid but only played two games... surely he would want to be a number 1 keeper. Casillas is still only 33 - young for a keeper really.

Timo Horn would be the keeper we should spend decent money on... He's only 21. Other than him I'd say Begovic.

I don't rate Koval.... He spills the ball like a hot potato frequently.

Really? And Horn is your preferred option? He's the dribbling clown, ole horn. Like Mignolet, too erratic.

In a few years, he'll be top but now, not so.

Koval only spills in some of his early "highlight" videos, he's been a first teamer for years. How many times you watched him MC, match scenario?

Edited by tenaciousj

This is one position where we really shouldn't bring in a younger player. 26 or older would be best.

For the record, I'm not willing to write off Robles. It's not easy to come into a regular game having been on the bench for months. Difficult to know when he'll get more time, though, until Tim Howard get injured. People always focus on the one mistake (understandably so because it cost a goal), but his play in the rest of the game was not bad at all. His confidence will grow only as he is given more opportunity. For his sake, I hope we have an extended FA Cup run.

how much do you think he would cost? Mignolet was 11m for reference.

Thanks for the Minolet reference, I'd never of got an estimation if it wasn't for that!!

Not sure what igiscontract is but if it's long somewhere between 8-10 million probably but if we want a class keeper that's what we're going to have to pay. The reason it will cost this much is the reason coco the clown will still be in goal next season.

Edited by Paddock

This isn't a "lets slate Tim Howard" - thread. More of a case of we have a need for a new keeper.

Howard has been great for us and yes, like Pienaar it seems his time is rapidly drawing to a close with the club.

I will throw Ochoa and Keylor Navas in the mix - liked them at the world cup, great shot stoppers.

Navas at Real Madrid but only played two games... surely he would want to be a number 1 keeper. Casillas is still only 33 - young for a keeper really.

Ochoa is Liverpool bound in Jan according to ITV - £3m.

Think Jack Butland could be a good signing if it could be done relatively cheaply, not going to dislodge Begovic any time soon but could blossom with us given game time. I still think Martinez will persist with Howard though, to his detriment, Martinez has far too much faith in some players who just aren't performing at the level we need to be at.

• 4 weeks later...

Neither getting any game time, i'm surprised Ospina wasted his talents to sit on a bench his entire Arsenal career. I'd take him definitely.

Thats what I looked for, keepers not getting game time. Easier to approach. Id have any of these two but Ospina tops my list. (Of realistic targets)