IGNORED

Adnan Januzaj

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

A good adaptation if you’re a fan of the graphic novel. Hard to even complain about the changes as they are largely coming from Gaiman himself.

Anything like Good Omens and American God's in its loyalty to the source material?

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Anything like Good Omens and American God's in its loyalty to the source material?

From what I understand Neil was less involved in those in terms of the control he had. Sandman is much more difficult to adapt so there is some condensing and character changes that went on but I think they did a good job bringing such eclectic material to life. I was pleased and it seems most critics and fans have been as well.

11 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

From what I understand Neil was less involved in those in terms of the control he had. Sandman is much more difficult to adapt so there is some condensing and character changes that went on but I think they did a good job bringing such eclectic material to life. I was pleased and it seems most critics and fans have been as well.

Thought he was heavily involved with Good Omens? He always said he wouldn't adapt it unless it did Practchett justice. 

34 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I know he’s said he’s more involved creatively than on American Gods, at least.

Only watched first season of that. Was ok but I'm a massive fan of Gaimans work especially American Gods, so I was always going to be critical. For Good Omens, once I saw who was playing Crowley and Aziraphale I just got too excited, and they were brilliant. 

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Only watched first season of that. Was ok but I'm a massive fan of Gaimans work especially American Gods, so I was always going to be critical. For Good Omens, once I saw who was playing Crowley and Aziraphale I just got too excited, and they were brilliant. 

I enjoyed American Gods though I didn’t finish it so maybe that tells you something. I’d love them to give the Sandman/Good Omens treatment to Neverwhere which was his first work that I read. I know that one had an odd history as it was a poorly done series before it was a book.

40 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I enjoyed American Gods though I didn’t finish it so maybe that tells you something. I’d love them to give the Sandman/Good Omens treatment to Neverwhere which was his first work that I read. I know that one had an odd history as it was a poorly done series before it was a book.

Neverwhere will come I'm sure, considering the success so far. Another brilliant story too. 

• 2 weeks later...